OT: - CCSU Coach Donyell Marshall, Assistant Under Investigation For 'Personnel Matter' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: CCSU Coach Donyell Marshall, Assistant Under Investigation For 'Personnel Matter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Football Sux...they should drop athletics :rolleyes:
NORTHEAST CONFERENCE
TEAM CONFERENCE OVERALL HOME AWAY
W L PF PA W L PF PA STR W L W L
Central Conn. St. 5 0 164 111 7 3 310 285 Won 7 4 1 3 2
Duquesne 4 1 177 70 7 3 325 224 Lost 2 3 1 4 2
Bryant 3 2 149 139 5 5 295 353 Won 3 3 1 2 4
St. Francis 3 3 121 95 5 5 231 147 Lost 2 3 2 2 3
Sacred Heart 2 3 118 132 4 6 262 267 Won 1 1 3 3 3
Wagner 1 4 94 158 3 7 206 289 Lost 1 3 2 0 5
Robert Morris 0 5 59 177 2 8 98 289 Lost 7 2 3 0 5

I’m well aware - I’m the resident Central fan around here. Thanks for copying the NEC standings for us.

Do you make up the meaning of everyone’s posts in your head? Is that how you come to reply to something that wasn’t posted nor implied?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Football Sux...they should drop athletics :rolleyes:
NORTHEAST CONFERENCE
TEAM CONFERENCE OVERALL HOME AWAY
W L PF PA W L PF PA STR W L W L
Central Conn. St. 5 0 164 111 7 3 310 285 Won 7 4 1 3 2
Duquesne 4 1 177 70 7 3 325 224 Lost 2 3 1 4 2
Bryant 3 2 149 139 5 5 295 353 Won 3 3 1 2 4
St. Francis 3 3 121 95 5 5 231 147 Lost 2 3 2 2 3
Sacred Heart 2 3 118 132 4 6 262 267 Won 1 1 3 3 3
Wagner 1 4 94 158 3 7 206 289 Lost 1 3 2 0 5
Robert Morris 0 5 59 177 2 8 98 289 Lost 7 2 3 0 5

Th factor the matter is CCSU doesn’t belong in that conference. They are the only public institution in the conference with 16k undergrad. None of the other private schools come even close to having that number of students. Secondly while I do agree with u the NEC sucks you can’t compare UConn to CCSU. The money that is given from the state to UConn is nowhere near close to what CCSU gets. All of the state universities basically share the $ pot while UConn has a separate state funding... granted they deserve it because of its research and # of students. Ccsu may not be a top tier program in football but the fact that they went from last to first in football shows there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In my opinion CCSU belongs in the CAA and could eventually pose a threat the UConn should UConn not perform up to the states expectations in athletics like they have in the last 7 years in football and 4 years in basketball. That being said CCSU also needs to prove it belongs in that conversion before any conference invitation happens, just like UConn. Athletically both schools are in a similar situation and shouldn’t be in the conferences they are in.

Long story short I respect ccsu and the NEC.

Oh ... and for what it’s worth go huskies!

Reaction Score
I’m well aware - I’m the resident Central fan around here. Thanks for copying the NEC standings for us.

Do you make up the meaning of everyone’s posts in your head? Is that how you come to reply to something that wasn’t posted nor implied?
You said they did not look like they even wanted an Athletic Program. A successful Football team would seem to say that statement is BS? AMIRITE?

Reaction Score
Th factor the matter is CCSU doesn’t belong in that conference. They are the only public institution in the conference with 16k undergrad. None of the other private schools come even close to having that number of students. Secondly while I do agree with u the NEC sucks you can’t compare UConn to CCSU. The money that is given from the state to UConn is nowhere near close to what CCSU gets. All of the state universities basically share the $ pot while UConn has a separate state funding... granted they deserve it because of its research and # of students. Ccsu may not be a top tier program in football but the fact that they went from last to first in football shows there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In my opinion CCSU belongs in the CAA and could eventually pose a threat the UConn should UConn not perform up to the states expectations in athletics like they have in the last 7 years in football and 4 years in basketball. That being said CCSU also needs to prove it belongs in that conversion before any conference invitation happens, just like UConn. Athletically both schools are in a similar situation and shouldn’t be in the conferences they are in.

I agree. I never said that the NEC sux? Whaler says they (CCSU) act like they do not want an Athletic Department. He is the resident CCSU fan here so he must know...:rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You said they did not look like they even wanted an Athletic Program. A successful Football team would seem to say that statement is BS? AMIRITE?

No you aren’t right. I’m not sure you’ve ever been right.

Reaction Score
No you aren’t right. I’m not sure you’ve ever been right.
If I am wrong then you are right. Therefore CCSU is acting like they do not want Athletic Programs. DumDeDDum. I am done here. You are either Trolling or just plain SubbaDum.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree. Whaler says they act like they do not want an Athletic Department. He is the resident CCSU fan here so he must know...:rolleyes:

Yes that delusional post about the CAA is a solid plan. Maybe they can time the annoucement the same day as UConn to the Big Ten.

Let’s ignore facilities, budget, the staffing turnover, their marketing. the fact they don’t even have a radio outlet for their basketball program... they won 5 football games in a terrible conference so everything is dandy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If I am wrong then you are right. Therefore CCSU is acting like they do not want Athletic Programs. DumDeDDum. I am done here. You are either Trolling or just plain SubbaDum.

You have literally no idea what you are talking about. Just stop.

Reaction Score
Is there some Central boneyard-equivalent you all can take this to?

Reaction Score

CCSU to the CAA while UConn is in the AAC.. Kinda has a good ring to it...

Reaction Score
There’s an entire rest of this website that isn’t this thread.

But see I'm interested in this thread because I'm interested in what happens to Donyell as he is associated with UConn.

This thread wasn't started with the intent of it becoming an argument on the state of the CCSU athletic department.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But see I'm interested in this thread because I'm interested in what happens to Donyell as he is associated with UConn.

This thread wasn't started with the intent of it becoming an argument on the state of the CCSU athletic department.

The state of the athletic department is part of the issue with Marshall.

One, the Athletic Director quit and went to Fairfield. And they don’t even have a search going nevermind a replacement.

Two, almost no one at Central wanted Marshall - he was jammed into the job by one powerful person.

It’s only an argument because people who have no idea what they are talking about feel the need to pretend they do.

Reaction Score

One, the Athletic Director quit and went to Fairfield. And they don’t even have a search going nevermind a replacement.

Two, almost no one at Central wanted Marshall - he was jammed into the job by one powerful person.

It’s only an argument because people who have no idea what they are talking about feel the need to pretend they do.

Alright I'm in.

Love the ~drama~

Reaction Score

Marshall going to CCSU is almost the same argument about KO coming to UConn. Howie Coached Marshall just like Calhoun coached UConn... all are UConn alums. I feel like Howie Calhoun and the department had some say in the decision. He’s only had 1 season so time will tell. I agree the athletic department needs to find someone instead of sitting on their a$$es. Joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom