CCSU advances | The Boneyard

CCSU advances

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Blue Devils didn't have a lead in the game until :07 in the 2nd half.

CCSU is playing with house money in Smithfield on Wednesday night! Would love nothing more than to see them end the season for Grasso and Kiss at Bryant.

Pat Sellers is an absolutely a phenomenal coach. His in-game adjustment this year have been incredible. Has totally change the culture and mindset at Central. If he can recruit as well as he coaches, he will get this program back to the NCAAs - mark it down!

Reaction Score
8-23 Central defeated 4-22 FDU. There's only two decent teams in the NEC, Bryant and Wagner, and CCSU gets #1 seed Bryant next. See ya CCSU. Wagner is actually the better team but finished 2nd.

Reaction Score

CCSU is playing with house money in Smithfield on Wednesday night! Would love nothing more than to see them end the season for Grasso and Kiss at Bryant.

Pat Sellers is an absolutely a phenomenal coach. His in-game adjustment this year have been incredible. Has totally change the culture and mindset at Central. If he can recruit as well as he coaches, he will get this program back to the NCAAs - mark it down!
How could FD have more conference wins than overall wins
5 vs 4 ?

Reaction Score
How could FD have more conference wins than overall wins
5 vs 4 ?

NEC had COVID forfeit policy this year, that counted W/L in NEC standings, but aren't recognized by the NCAA.

CCSU won a NEC game vs Sacred Heart because they didn't have enough non-COVID players available. The league did not schedule makeups.

The overall record reflects actual games played.

Reaction Score

He's changed the culture and mindset of an 8-23 team? I haven't watched or followed the team one bit, but that seems to be a gaudy statement from what their record is right now. I mean, I get you're gonna respond with "they play hard" and "they play like a team" and I think anyone with a long resume as an assistant can illicit that at a crappy little school like CCSU. Tell me what else I'm missing.

Reaction Score
He's changed the culture and mindset of an 8-23 team? I haven't watched or followed the team one bit, but that seems to be a gaudy statement from what their record is right now. I mean, I get you're gonna respond with "they play hard" and "they play like a team" and I think anyone with a long resume as an assistant can illicit that at a crappy little school like CCSU. Tell me what else I'm missing.

You simply don't know how bad of a coach Donyell Marshall was. While he recruited some decent talent, we had major issues in the locker room (and among his coaches) and his teams would fold like a cheap tent. Team never had any chemistry and he was unable to draw up basic plays out if a time out. It was a disaster and we never had a chance in most games.

Pat doesn't have the talent yet to compete, but his players trust him and have come back for win down 15 or 18 points more than once this year. They believe in what he teaches and never give up. The record doesn't show many more wins yet, but this team is more competitive than anything we seen for years!

willie99

Reaction Score

Jim Calhoun was 9-19 in his first year at UConn. We all knew he changed the culture

Just saying, might not show up in wins and losses right away

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun was 9-19 in his first year at UConn. We all knew he changed the culture

This. Reminds me of another D1 coach up the street from CCSU who’s early mission was to change the culture of the basketball program.

Reaction Score
You simply don't know how bad of a coach Donyell Marshall was. While he recruited some decent talent, we had major issues in the locker room (and among his coaches) and his teams would fold like a cheap tent. Team never had any chemistry and he was unable to draw up basic plays out if a time out. It was a disaster and we never had a chance in most games.

Pat doesn't have the talent yet to compete, but his players trust him and have come back for win down 15 or 18 points more than once this year. They believe in what he teaches and never give up. The record doesn't show many more wins yet, but this team is more competitive than anything we seen for years!
Pat should have had the job from the start. Donyell didn’t get job done.

Reaction Score

I was at better than 20 of his practices over the years. He is worse than most high school coaches in this state in practice and on the sideline. Impatient, doesn't know how to explain things, his teams don't know the sets in January still.

Not all great players make good coaches. Things just came naturally to him, so he had no idea or patience for teaching it.

Good guy. Passionate about the game. No business as a head coach.

Reaction Score

Jim Calhoun is one of maybe the best 3-5 coaches in the history of the sport. Did we really just do this?

willie99

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun is one of maybe the best 3-5 coaches in the history of the sport. Did we really just do this?

Seriously? No worse than the conclusion you jumped to when you went Boneyard on somebody. Seems to be a pattern for you

the nuances of the truth are hard for some to comprehend

Reaction Score
Seriously? No worse than the conclusion you jumped to when you went Boneyard on somebody. Seems to be a pattern for you

the nuances of the truth are hard for some to comprehend
You mean, when I asked why a coach that just went 8-23 is really making a difference? Yeah, that was probably out of line. Who could say such a thing?

willie99

Reaction Score
You mean, when I asked why a coach that just went 8-23 is really making a difference? Yeah, that was probably out of line. Who could say such a thing?

No, when you mocked someone and suggested that the team going 8-23 proves the coach didn't change the culture of the team. Pure brilliance

My Calhoun analogy proved you're wrong

And with that, Ciao Bello. I'm here to have fun, not deal with internet fighters

Reaction Score

I guess Georgetown had really bad culture based on where they are after 5 years of Ewing.

willie99

Reaction Score
I guess Georgetown had really bad culture based on where they are after 5 years of Ewing.

This is true. Reminds me of Ollie with all the transfers, something's not right

Can't imagine Ewings keeps his job

Reaction Score
NEC had COVID forfeit policy this year, that counted W/L in NEC standings, but aren't recognized by the NCAA.

CCSU won a NEC game vs Sacred Heart because they didn't have enough non-COVID players available. The league did not schedule makeups.

The overall record reflects actual games played.
Thanks for the explanation . I thought somehow the laws of mathematics were repealed.
Sometimes I forget we’re in the twilight zone of Covidball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom