CBSSN ain't SNY | The Boneyard

CBSSN ain't SNY

Reaction Score
After learning and becoming comfortable with finding the SNY "live" telecasts at our winter home in Florida, now I can't find CBSSN. The Villanova and Xavier "home" games (Jan. 29 and Feb. 27) are both on CBSSN. Is there a secret track to watching those games "live" without having to subscribe? If not, I guess the one saving grace is that they will be archived (unlike the SNY games) on the Huskies site for later viewing. (It's about 39 hours since the Tennessee game, and that game isn't up there yet.)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
After learning and becoming comfortable with finding the SNY "live" telecasts at our winter home in Florida, now I can't find CBSSN. The Villanova and Xavier "home" games (Jan. 29 and Feb. 27) are both on CBSSN. Is there a secret track to watching those games "live" without having to subscribe? If not, I guess the one saving grace is that they will be archived (unlike the SNY games) on the Huskies site for later viewing. (It's about 39 hours since the Tennessee game, and that game isn't up there yet.)
If you noticed, the uconnhuskygames page for WBB has not been updated since the Creighton game on December 28th. And the replays that are posted on the uconnhuskygames page are just linked to the MJL243 replays.
CBSSN, like ESPN and FS1 are part of your TV provider package.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
CBS sports is available through your ISN /cable company. We have Spectrum cable and it is listed as CSTVHD. And the CBS sports app is available for free on Roku, and probably other services.

Reaction Score
Had anyone watched CBS sports through hulu live TV provider? That’s the mechanism i will be using, hopefully it works out!

Reaction Score
My TV provider is HotWire Communications. They don't offer CBSSN. And we don't have a channel in the listings identified as CSTVHD.

That being the case, how do I hook up with MJL243 at game time? (Make it easy, please, for a 20th century mind.)

Reaction Score
Hmmm. I just googled "MJL243,," and up popped links to the videos of just about all the previous UConn games, including the Tennessee game. If I try that right around game time on Sunday, is that going to work for me?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmmm. I just googled "MJL243,," and up popped links to the videos of just about all the previous UConn games, including the Tennessee game. If I try that right around game time on Sunday, is that going to work for me?
Simple answer no. Them YouTube UConn games are uploaded some time after the live game is over.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
No. MJL243 does not stream games live. He records the games, edits them and saves them to his youtube channel. You cannot view a game live on his channel but the game is usually available (sans commercials) a few hours after the game.

Reaction Score
If you have Spectrum cable, it is channel 139. At least that’s the case in Dunedin. Don’t know if it’s different in other parts of the state.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Had anyone watched CBS sports through hulu live TV provider? That’s the mechanism i will be using, hopefully it works out!
I subscribe to Hulu Live and it's available. I have watched the CBSSN games without issue. The channel is listed in the Guide below your local CBS station, which is followed by the CBS News station and then the CBS (that is represented by their "eye" logo) Sports Network (that I refer to as CBSSN). Use the CHANNELS option to list the channel guide.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
If you have Spectrum cable, it is channel 139. At least that’s the case in Dunedin. Don’t know if it’s different in other parts of the state.
I believe it is different throughout the Spectrum universe. It is 303/813 here in the Birmingham, Al area. You can look it up on the Spectrum channel lineup for your particular address.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
@OldSchooler if you are an avid fan and have streaming capability (Smart TV, Roku or Amazon Firestick), you can sign up for a free trial of Hulu Live or YouTube TV, watch the game and then cancel it Monday. :)

Reaction Score
Looking forward to reconnecting with the new and more timely MJL243 tomorrow night, as our TV provider in south Florida once again does not offer CBSSN this year..

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I have Hulu Live and the CBS Sports Network (CBSSN) is available. Check to verify that it is listed in your TV Guide for tomorrow's 3PM game.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I have and it works fine.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
CBS sports is available through your ISN /cable company. We have Spectrum cable and it is listed as CSTVHD. And the CBS sports app is available for free on Roku, and probably other services.
I have FUBO and in Los Angeles, it does not have SNY. BUT, I have a smart TV, downloaded the FoxSports App, and now can get all the games when i click on the app - instead of scrolling thru channels on regular TV....

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I have FUBO and in Los Angeles, it does not have SNY. BUT, I have a smart TV, downloaded the FoxSports App, and now can get all the games when i click on the app - instead of scrolling thru channels on regular TV....
This thread is about watching CBS Sports Network (CBSSN) which will be broadcasting the St.John’s at UConn game tomorrow.

Reaction Score
My TV provider is HotWire Communications. They don't offer CBSSN. And we don't have a channel in the listings identified as CSTVHD.

That being the case, how do I hook up with MJL243 at game time? (Make it easy, please, for a 20th century mind.)
I have Xfinity in Florida...which doesn't carry SNY or CBSSN either.

Most times, I just follow the gamecast on the ESPN APP.

The association is thinking about switching to Hotwire, but the vote hasn't happened yet.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, sooooo happy a game is NOT on SNY. Now I can watch it live, or record it and watch it whenever.

Reaction Score
The Fox Sports App does have the game listed, so maybe I'll be able to catch it live. Won't know for sure until game time.

Reaction Score
No. MJL243 does not stream games live. He records the games, edits them and saves them to his youtube channel. You cannot view a game live on his channel but the game is usually available (sans commercials) a few hours after the game.
And I can't say enough thanks to MLJ243, thanks to him/her I can watch games, even if I already seen the boxscore

Centerstream

Reaction Score
The Fox Sports App does have the game listed, so maybe I'll be able to catch it live. Won't know for sure until game time.
True. If it shows up in the Upcoming section before 3PM, you'll be good to go. Good luck and let us know if you get to livestream it live.

Reaction Score
True. If it shows up in the Upcoming section before 3PM, you'll be good to go. Good luck and let us know if you get to livestream it live.
Will do.

Meanwhile, what I've been doing for games that are not available on "live" telecast is -- I listen to the game on radio (via UConn+) while watching the ESPN play-by-play on my screen (which is usually several seconds ahead of the radio transmission). I must say, the radio broadcast leaves a little to be desired. I like the color commentator better than the one on the SNY telecasts, but the radio play-by-play broadcaster -- though emotional, exciting and very pro-UConn -- doesn't paint a complete picture. He'll describe a shooter letting the ball go, but doesn't give a full description as to the result of the shot. It's like he assumes we know what happened.

There's a real art to radio sportscasting. The most dramatic difference is in watching a prize fight on TV while listening to it on radio. The radio guy has to tell you every punch and parry, while the TV guy can take a snooze while you watch the action.

The fastest game on the media is ice hockey, and nobody was better at radio broadcasting hockey than Marv Albert. If the action would restart before a commercial ended, he would quickly bring the listener up to date by describing every player who touched the puck while he was off the air, leaving out nothing.

And, of course, nobody painted a picture better than the great Marty Glickman, who popularized "the Giants are moving left to right on your radio dial."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom