CBS power ratings Louisville 1 UConn 6 | The Boneyard

CBS power ratings Louisville 1 UConn 6

Reaction Score

6. UConn (0-0)
The Huskies have yet to play a game so far this season, as they have been sidelined since a positive COVID-19 case halted program activities on Nov. 23. A game against Quinnipiac was canceled, while their game at Seton Hall was postponed. UConn opens up on Dec. 12 against UMass-Lowell. Previous: 2

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
After last night's demolishing of DePaul Louisville should be the #1 Ranked Team. Also, I would have ranked NC State over Stanford because NC State beat So Carolina and have played more games then Stanford. I have no problems dropping UConn to 6th, since they haven't played any games. Shouldn't take UConn long to get back into the Top 3.

Different Sport, I do have reservations about keeping Ohio State in the Top Four in the College Football Playoffs while only playing four games. Other Good Football teams have played upwards of Eight Games.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
6. UConn (0-0)
7. Arizona (1-0)

I mean, if anyone thinks UConn is just barely better than Arizona this season, then sure, these power rankings are legit. SMH...

Reaction Score
I mean, if anyone thinks UConn is just barely better than Arizona this season, then sure, these power rankings are legit. SMH...
Actually, Arizona is 2-0. They just beat UCLA.

Reaction Score
After last night's demolishing of DePaul Louisville should be the #1 Ranked Team. Also, I would have ranked NC State over Stanford because NC State beat So Carolina and have played more games then Stanford. I have no problems dropping UConn to 6th, since they haven't played any games. Shouldn't take UConn long to get back into the Top 3.

Different Sport, I do have reservations about keeping Ohio State in the Top Four in the College Football Playoffs while only playing four games. Other Good Football teams have played upwards of Eight Games.
Sure real smart based one one game your going to jump Louisville al the way to #1 ? Be real !

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Good for Louisville. But that power rankings stuff is so iffy. Stanford or Baylor could ranked #1 for that matters.

I can’t put any stock in any team’s ranking until they’ve played. Stanford and Louisville have been impressive thus far. I also like to have a larger sample size than just 1 game.

UConn’s game against UMass-Lowell will not be an indicator of their potential. UMass-L is nowhere near being competitive with UConn. Take the game for what it is, a last minute replacement game to give UConn a chance to play a game and start their season 3 days earlier than they would have. We’ll have wait and see how they do against Big East opponent 3-0 Villanova on the 22nd.

I think it’s fair to say that most UConn fans here expect UConn to win the BE regular season and the tournament, but go undefeated while doing so.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With Baylor losing to Arkansas..IMO placing Baylor at #4 I question this.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
It wasn't just that Louisville beat Depaul, they demolished them. Depaul is a legitimate Top 20 Team. What other team has had a more impressive win then Louisville. NC State's win over So Carolina was impressive as well, but I think Louisville's domination was more impressive.

Sure real smart based one one game your going to jump Louisville al the way to #1 ? Be real !

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can’t put any stock in any team’s ranking until they’ve played. Stanford and Louisville have been impressive thus far. I also like to have a larger sample size than just 1 game.

UConn’s game against UMass-Lowell will not be an indicator of their potential. UMass-L is nowhere near being competitive with UConn. Take the game for what it is, a last minute replacement game to give UConn a chance to play a game and start their season 3 days earlier than they would have. We’ll have wait and see how they do against Big East opponent 3-0 Villanova on the 22nd.

I think it’s fair to say that most UConn fans here expect UConn to win the BE regular season and the tournament, but go undefeated while doing so.
Doomed

Reaction Score
Does anyone truly believe there is even going to be a full season....Those "power rankings" are a joke anyways...Even under normal conditions (minus games being lost to covid)...Uconns conference schedule has always been a joke...

There are high school teams better than many of those AAC teams... The revised Big East is only a little bit better......

In all honesty, there have always just been a small handful of teams in the entire country that are any good...You can count them on one hand...

Reaction Score
May have dodged a bullet not having to play Louisville so early in the season. Maybe this will be Jeff's year. UConn has derailed their dream season a couple of times. The Huskies have a lot of new players, so probably better to just ease into the season anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom