Castle Injury | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Castle Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did the teacher attribute it to Churchill?

The famous statesman and orator Winston Churchill was asked about the length of an ideal address, and he supposedly said:
Nope. He must have plagiarized it. That SOB.

Reaction Score
He was doing warmups with the team and walking around, relax it’s not that serious. He will probably be back in a week or two at the most
I disagree that missing any games is nothing to worry about. What's serious is that Sunday & Monday are resume games. Wins vs Indiana and Texas would be significant, A loss to Indiana and a win vs Louisville puts a ton of resume pressure on the UNC, Kansas, Gonzaga games. We really have to win a minimum of 3 of these 5 major OOC games to be in the running for the seed that helps us advance in the tournament. Louisville gets us nothing, and Kansas/Gonzaga away games should be frosting on the cake rather than necessary. Castle is a key to our ball movement and an important switch defender. I think we have an 80% chance with him vs Indiana and more like 55% to 60% chance without him. Missing these games could put a lot of pressure not to stumble in conference, which we couldn't even avoid last year. If he ain't playing, I ain't relaxed. We need all our starters in key games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I disagree. What's serious is that Sunday & Monday are resume games. Wins vs Indiana and Texas would be significant, A loss to Indiana and a win vs Louisville puts a ton of resume pressure on the UNC, Kansas, Gonzaga games. We really have to win a minimum of 3 of these 5 major OOC games to be in the running for the seed that helps us advance in the tournament. Louisville gets us nothing, and Kansas/Gonzaga away games should be frosting on the cake rather than necessary. Castle is a key to our ball movement and an important switch defender. I think we have an 80% chance with him vs Indiana and more like 55% to 60% chance without him. Missing these games could put a lot of pressure not to stumble in conference, which we couldn't even avoid last year.

I certainly hope it doesn't work out like last year.

Reaction Score
I disagree that missing any games is nothing to worry about. What's serious is that Sunday & Monday are resume games. Wins vs Indiana and Texas would be significant, A loss to Indiana and a win vs Louisville puts a ton of resume pressure on the UNC, Kansas, Gonzaga games. We really have to win a minimum of 3 of these 5 major OOC games to be in the running for the seed that helps us advance in the tournament. Louisville gets us nothing, and Kansas/Gonzaga away games should be frosting on the cake rather than necessary. Castle is a key to our ball movement and an important switch defender. I think we have an 80% chance with him vs Indiana and more like 55% to 60% chance without him. Missing these games could put a lot of pressure not to stumble in conference, which we couldn't even avoid last year. If he ain't playing, I ain't relaxed. We need all our starters in key games.
aJlKIh8Kh0NLa.gif

Reaction Score
I certainly hope it doesn't work out like last year.
Is it always useful to be snarky? As I recall we won our out of conference games last year which might have helped our seeding at year end to win a championship, and, gave us a margin for conference errors. Heaven forbid advocating for the best out of conference record possible.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If you're not taking an average of the 3 major credit bureaus, it's just a scrimmage. Make it count and run them all, my man

I'm sorry, call me a traditionalist

Reaction Score
I think the two quick fouls on Karaban also threw things off a bit.

The rebounding with Karaban, and/or Clingan in, was miles better.
Newton picked up 2 early fouls too because of that double technical like 3 minutes into the game. The whole game script was just weird. We won by 30 points without Castle, and with Karaban & Newton not getting into any sort of rhythm.

Reaction Score
Newton picked up 2 early fouls too because of that double technical like 3 minutes into the game. The whole game script was just weird. We won by 30 points without Castle, and with Karaban & Newton not getting into any sort of rhythm.

To that point what a crappy ref to call a double T in that very minor situation. He should be embarrassed.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
I was at the Garden for Indiana game his frosh year, first time seeing the ballyhooed freshman. Never saw anybody with a worse case of deer in the headlights.
sorta like Jordan Hawkins during his freshman season

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Our depth is good. The reason why we looked out of sync at times yesterday was that the team was making a quick pivot from having Castle as our primary point guard. Everybody needs to adjust a little bit. That adjustment was complicated by the fact that we were in a loosely officiated game against a team that decided it needed to foul liberally in order to stay in contact with us. Those types of games make everyone look bad (out of sync).

Watching Castle is develop and grow is one of the great sub stories of the season. Hopefully he's medically cleared and we see him in MSG. Those are huge games and I know the players look forward to them.
and at least now they will get a few days to game plan for a no Castle game
it looks like the game time decision threw them off a little

Reaction Score
Hard pulls only for real ones.

Tbh if you're not willing to take the hard pull for the 'Yard, you aren't a real fan. I'd do it every day of the week.

Reaction Score
Ricker you are spot on, all these ooc games against power 5 are huge. Indiana is not very good, a loss would be big. Team was very unimpressive without castle. Not beating the big boys without him

Reaction Score
Is it always useful to be snarky? As I recall we won our out of conference games last year which might have helped our seeding at year end to win a championship, and, gave us a margin for conference errors. Heaven forbid advocating for the best out of conference record possible.
If last year taught us anything, it should be that it's a long season. Everything you said is true - but we can't get worked up about a couple early season games. We're still a young team (especially off the bench). I'm really looking forward to how we look at the end of the Big East season. We'll likely hit some bumps throughout the early part of the season. Can't get too emotional about it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Then you didn't see him in the Charleston Classic against Xavier....
The 2OT game when scored 19 pts (highlight) and he fouled out with 3 absolutely ridiculous fouls at crucial times? His scoring was good but his mistakes were awful. CV grabbed more than 10 rebounds and had 6 steals as I remember.
I agree with WNC - Bouk disappeared more than he stepped to the plate. Now he may have vanished.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Sort of looks like the sleeve or surgical stocking, my ortho gave me after my meniscus debridement on October 25.

He recommended I wear it pulled up over the knee cap, and then he reached down to pull it up again so it became doubled up for firmer support.

It is supposed to reduce the swelling. I feel it gives me good support when I am walking.

Seems odd Castle is wearing it so low, unless it is just a calf tweak and not an upper knee issue.

Hope he gets better soon.
I have had 5 meniscus surgeries and a acl. So I have spent a ton of time in knee braces and compression sleeves. My guess for him it was to reduce swelling or keep it from swelling. Unfortunately that does not tell us what is causing the swelling. I am hoping that DH had the results from any imaging that was completed before his presser. I am guessing that is what they waiting on pregame, before making a decision. There are so many things it could be no reason to speculate just hope for the best.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I’ve never paid to park in Hartford. All around Bushnel Park is free. Never had an issue in over 20 years.

Well, I don't walk, so there

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
PS: Back on topic, anyone else think Castle plays Sunday? I do

And talk about parking, wait until you park around MSG

Reaction Score
PS: Back on topic, anyone else think Castle plays Sunday? I do

And talk about parking, wait until you park around MSG

Who on earth would choose of their own volition to drive in Manhattan? Sounds like another layer of hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom