Castle Extensive Scouting Report (No Ceilings) | The Boneyard

Castle Extensive Scouting Report (No Ceilings)

Reaction Score

I know there are some other draft threads, but this guy took a really detailed look at Castle, with tons of video clips. I found it worth a read.

Reaction Score
If we win it again this year, this kid will have to be huge. And I believe he will, and I believe that we will. But as far as being a lottery pick, I don't see it, not yet. This kid's offensive game is not ready for the next level. I know he will leave because of money. I know that I would too if in his shoes. But he isn't ready yet. He seems like a worker; imagine how good he can be with one extra year with DH? But I know money talks

Reaction Score
If we win it again this year, this kid will have to be huge. And I believe he will, and I believe that we will. But as far as being a lottery pick, I don't see it, not yet. This kid's offensive game is not ready for the next level. I know he will leave because of money. I know that I would too if in his shoes. But he isn't ready yet. He seems like a worker; imagine how good he can be with one extra year with DH? But I know money talks
My counterpoint would be that he should be able to improve more with access to an NBA coaching staff and facilities, with no academic obligations or limits on coaching time. Plus, it’s a weak draft at the top.

Reaction Score
In a historically weak draft, he has one definite skill that separates him. He is a lockdown defender. Patrick Williams got drafted 4th because of that. Steph is farther along offensively than he was. Steph is one of the high floor, relatively high ceiling guys NBA loves.

Reaction Score
Castle is a lottery pick. He just turned 19 in November and he is already 6'6" and 215 lbs. He can defend, get to the rim, and he appears to be a good shooter, but needs more reps. The NBA drafts on potential and when you look at Castle, you can just see the upside.

Reaction Score

Here we go...

Reaction Score
The NBA drafts potential not production. Embiid didnt look ready for the NBA when he was at KU and look at him now. Just one example among many that can be made.

Reaction Score
The Metroidvania talk was funny. Love me some Metroidvania.

Reaction Score
The NBA drafts potential not production.
It doesn't matter how many times this fact is mentioned, people choose to ignore it when arguing "x" player should stay because they "aren't ready". The Lakers drafted Ater Majok after he averaged 2.3 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.

Reaction Score
IMG_0523.jpeg

Reaction Score
Castle is my favorite player this year. I love the way he plays defense that steal and dunk was a hella of one. This guy has solidified his place in the lottery for sure. Besides Clingan not being in foul trouble, not being hurt, a healthy and skilled Castle was the biggest difference from the game earlier in the season against Seton Hall. He takes pressure off Newton and Spencer with his ability to drive and score.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Castle deserves player of the game but I feel like Clingan should get a piece of that too. He had 19 points, 11 boards, 5 blocks, 2 assists, 0 turnovers in 23 minutes and we were + a zillion points with him on the floor.
The game is so different when Clingan is on the floor compared to when he isn't. It's been said for a while, but he's a complete game changer both offensively and defensively.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Castle deserves player of the game but I feel like Clingan should get a piece of that too. He had 19 points, 11 boards, 5 blocks, 2 assists, 0 turnovers in 23 minutes and we were + a zillion points with him on the floor.
What may be the best thing about this team is that from all appearances, nobody is concerned with individual accolades. They view them as wrapping paper, that may give the present a better appearance, but will eventually get ripped up and tossed to get to the actual prize.

Reaction Score
100% agree. Could have gone either way.
They were both instrumental throughout the game on both ends of the court. The gamed turn in the first half when Clingan was inserted back in the game when we were down by 4. Then we went a run to end the half. Before he was rotated out, we had the lead but during his break SH was getting easy paint points and OB’s. He just changes the dynamics of the opponents offensives structure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom