Castle draft status? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Castle draft status?

Reaction Score
Jimmy Butler stayed three.

This is a better example. Counter-point...

1) It's not typical. There are always exceptions.
2) He wasn't in the lottery.
3) It was still 13 years ago and things have changed.

Reaction Score
This is a better example. Counter-point...

1) It's not typical. There are always exceptions.
2) He wasn't in the lottery.
3) It was still 13 years ago and things have changed.
He also played in Juco so would have technically been a Senior.

As others/you have said, his game is going to flourish and expand more in the NBA. There is 0 reason to come back really.

Reaction Score
Especially this draft. This is the year to go.
Yup, I haven’t seen much of these top international guys so I can’t say anything about them, but there are very few college guys that I would take right now over Steph. Combination of size/strength/speed, passing ability, improving shot and borderline lockdown perimeter D. There’s a bunch of score first guys at the top who’s game I don’t think will translate as well.

Reaction Score
I was, and still firmly am, in the Bouknight needed 1 more year camp. Stephon is ready to go to the NBA today. He has all the tools, the support and and the mentality to thrive at the next level. He'll represent UConn exceptionally at the pro level.

Reaction Score
Castle needs a few online Anthro and British Lit courses to really round out his preparation for the NBA.

I certainly hope the kid is having his tutors do the work and focusing on his game. He shouldn't give a rats a-- about school if his jumper could earn him 30 million at a minimum.

Reaction Score
Folks. These are the possible scenarios:
A) Castle is a projected lottery pick: he goes because his stock can't get much higher and he risks much more by coming back
B) Castle is projected to fall out of the lottery: he goes because there is more risk that he falls even further next year

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I certainly hope the kid is having his tutors do the work and focusing on his game. He shouldn't give a rats a-- about school if his jumper could earn him 30 million at a minimum.
I do hope he's learning something in school. He seems to have a solid family at home. The biggest challenge facing a young guy like him isn't on the court, it's off the court. UConn should have some mandatory basic economics classes for the basketball team.

Reaction Score
I do hope he's learning something in school. He seems to have a solid family at home. The biggest challenge facing a young guy like him isn't on the court, it's off the court. UConn should have some mandatory basic economics classes for the basketball team.

The NBA has something like that for the rooks after they get drafted. Plenty of them don't listen obviously, but they do get something.

Reaction Score
Yup, I haven’t seen much of these top international guys so I can’t say anything about them, but there are very few college guys that I would take right now over Steph. Combination of size/strength/speed, passing ability, improving shot and borderline lockdown perimeter D. There’s a bunch of score first guys at the top who’s game I don’t think will translate as well.
His attitude on the court really stands out for a star freshman. All business. Focused. Locked in. He looks and acts like a pro out there.

Reaction Score
Castle is gone guys. If this were the Jim Calhoun era he would be here for 2 maybe 3. But that was because the NBA didn’t draft young guys like they do now. Plus the guaranteed money and access to better facilities it makes no sense to stay if your have early 2nd or better projections.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Castle does not have average vision. His skip passes alone would demonstrate that. This is a take of a guy who watches Synergy and not games.
When Matas Buzelis was interviewed he claimed Castle was the best passer he ever played with or against.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My question would be what do you think he can do in that extra year at UConn that he's not going to get with full time NBA training?
Help UConn to win games?

(he absolutely should go if the opportunity presents itself, and it will.)

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't know if that's true. I'm inclined to believe Calhoun would encourage any player who was in the lottery to leave.
I agree , im saying the math for one and dones is just very different today then back in Jims prime. 19s are what the league loves to draft now. A lot Calhouns best players would have much shorter college careers in todays game , hypothetically

Reaction Score
Historically the Pistons are a very good franchise. Not sure what’s going on now.
The current coach is pretty bad, He seems to have personal vendettas against certain players. For much of early season he benched Ivey who is clearly one of their best players, and very young to boot because of some personal conflict between the two. Given they suck they should give giving their youngest players all the minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom