Caroline D ? | The Boneyard

Caroline D ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CD is one of my favorites and I haven't seen an update on the real (or fictional) injury in Croatia.
Please, someone post news when something official is available. Waitinf anxiously.

Reaction Score
There’s no statement from anyone who knows anything and I didn’t see anything in the game.

Reaction Score
For some reason they edited out 12 seconds of playing time at 2:12 of the first quarter. CD was in the game before the edit and out of the game after the edit.
When Ice takes free throws, Ashlynn subs in for Caroline, who leaves under her own steam, unexceptionally. Is that the moment you’re thinking of? Or is it a later one?

Reaction Score
When Ice takes free throws, Ashlynn subs in for Caroline, who leaves under her own steam, unexceptionally. Is that the moment you’re thinking of? Or is it a later one?
At about 2:12 of the game clock (13:00 on the tape clock), Ice takes in a long rebound and breaks for the offensive end, CD is in the game, then it fades to about 2:02 with Croatia with the ball. The camera never pans to the UConn's offensive end. CD is not in the game at 2:02 and we never see her again even on the bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm afraid that CD is going to have a difficult career if she has to sit out every time she gets hit in the head by another player or the ball.........not sure if her leaving that game was just precautionary but she needs to wear some kind of protective device to play consistently.........in the past I've mentioned the head protection that some soccer players and rugby players use under similar circumstances.......,,,,,yes she may look a bit different but I'm sure if that's what it takes to play then so be it.......

Reaction Score
I'm afraid that CD is going to have a difficult career if she has to sit out every time she gets hit in the head by another player or the ball.........not sure if her leaving that game was just precautionary but she needs to wear some kind of protective device to play consistently.........in the past I've mentioned the head protection that some soccer players and rugby players use under similar circumstances.......,,,,,yes she may look a bit different but I'm sure if that's what it takes to play then so be it.......
I've posted these before. The NCAA does not allow headgear for BB.

Reaction Score
You have two things to consider with CD and hits to the head. First these games are just practice against teams that aren't very good so if she did get hit, regardless of injury, why would you keep her in the game? Second, CD has head injuries in her past and I am sure every time she gets hit there is a little fear coming from her side too.

I didn't see the hit to the head so my comment is simply based on logic and not on actual damage at any level. On Friday she may be back in the line up and if she is you can bet NO injury. If she is not in the line up it could mean nothing too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am a huge Caroline fan,what is the game you are talking about and where is there a tape of it?
The first European tour game was yesterday. See the post tacked to the top of the board

Reaction Score
Here's my assumption.......... She's fine! Pretty sure she went ziplining or at least was with them. She was taken out for precautionary reasons. That's my 2 cents
Or maybe she ate some bad Pljeskavica
at lunch and needed to take it easy.

Reaction Score
Here's my assumption.......... She's fine! Pretty sure she went ziplining or at least was with them. She was taken out for precautionary reasons. That's my 2 cents

So she’s isn’t zip lining. Per amari she’s on the boat

Reaction Score
So if she was on a boat, I can't think there was anything concussion related. The last thing someone would want is to be on a boat with those symptoms.

Reaction Score
I've posted these before. The NCAA does not allow headgear for BB.

That's too bad..........I guess she's going to have to be incredibly lucky not to be stuck in street clothes...........Interesting that they are still in use in Great Britain.......I guess they didn't get the memo.........

Reaction Score
A 2021 review of eight different studies that tracked how sports-related concussions were affected by headgear concluded that "HG use was not associated with reduced rates of SRC or superficial head injury in youth soccer and rugby."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
OK. Just rewatched the game and yes, Caroline was in the game one minute, there was a break in the middle of a long rebound and the next thing you knew, Caroline was no longer in the game. So whatever may have happened to her, it was not on film.

After that, it did appear that Caroline was on the bench, at the very end of the camera range, sitting next to Ayanna. It did not look like she was holding ice on her head as she did last season after taking a hit to the head. But neither did it appear that she was standing up cheering for her teammates after a made basket. Not sure what to make of it. But I guess we’ll hear soon enough.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
She did not go ziplining. See Amari DeBerry's short video of her huffing and puffing going up the steep climb. She said CD was not ziplining but that she was on the boat. I'm assuming a boat took them to the zip line site and then the had to climb the mountain. What was encouragig was seeing DeBerry recovered enough to zip line.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
OK. Just rewatched the game and yes, Caroline was in the game one minute, there was a break in the middle of a long rebound and the next thing you knew, Caroline was no longer in the game. So whatever may have happened to her, it was not on film.

After that, it did appear that Caroline was on the bench, at the very end of the camera range, sitting next to Ayanna. It did not look like she was holding ice on her head as she did last season after taking a hit to the head. But neither did it appear that she was standing up cheering for her teammates after a made basket. Not sure what to make of it. But I guess we’ll hear soon enough.
The tape was probably edited to try to prevent the endless speculation on the BY.

Reaction Score

That was ElAlfy to the left of Patterson.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A 2021 review of eight different studies that tracked how sports-related concussions were affected by headgear concluded that "HG use was not associated with reduced rates of SRC or superficial head injury in youth soccer and rugby."
The Q collar has been evaluated and has been approved for concussion-prevention by the FDA. Not a helmet, a little collar that just causes a little bit less blood flow out of the head.

Reaction Score
The Q collar has been evaluated and has been approved for concussion-prevention by the FDA. Not a helmet, a little collar that just causes a little bit less blood flow out of the head.

No. It was cleared by the FDA, but not for concussion prevention. Several articles, including one in the NYT, have pointed that out. From one of the articles, "Futterman directs the reader to the FDA summary, which states that the Q-Collar was not approved to prevent concussions and there are some risks to the device. "

The FDA summary of its approval says:

1. “The Q-Collar has not been demonstrated to prevent long-term cognitive function deficits and the ultimate impact on clinical outcomes has not been evaluated.”
2. “Data do not demonstrate that the device can prevent concussion or serious brain injury.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom