Cardoso to transfer[merged thread] | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to transfer[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Evina played down to be a team member. Hopefully with time the knee is better and her play will clearly show she’s on the court more often than a bunch of the others. If health is not an issue she will out play Caroline Sailor Aubrey Mir possibly Azzi. She is all around the better player and will push Nika for playing time as well as small forward time.
Yes, I also felt this because I watched her at Tennessee, she is a lot better at scoring than she showed, her knee and playing a team game at UConn made her more of an all around player, but trust me, Evina can score more than what she showed.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It’s silly time on Boneyard. Sounds like middle school

“Mary didn’t invite Sally to sit with her at lunch today!”
”Wow, are they fighting?”
”They must be. It probably has something to do with her boyfriend”
”Sally is trying to steal Mary’s boyfriend? I have to tell Jane!”

It’s been a long time since middle school. I don’t miss it one bit
Ha Ha Ha!

I taught middle school music/ band for 18 years. And I kept my sanity!!

Middle schoolers are a breed unto themselves. We use to call them "walking hormones." And I had 4 bands of over 100 middle schoolers with noise makers in the hands every day. However, the most dangerous ones had drum sticks in their hands!

I really enjoyed those years!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If Geno can get a 6’7” post that was ranked #5 coming out of high school and keep her for 4 years, why are we worrying about future recruits? A bird in the hand....

To be technically accurate, her #5 ranking at ESPN was her lowest. She was ranked #1 over Paige at ASGR, #2 at Blue Star, and #4 at Prospects Nation.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ha Ha Ha!

I taught middle school music/ band for 18 years. And I kept my sanity!!

Middle schoolers are a breed unto themselves. We use to call them "walking hormones." And I had 4 bands of over 100 middle schoolers with noise makers in the hands every day. However, the most dangerous ones had drum sticks in their hands!

I really enjoyed those years!
People fret over Geno’s dropping the occasional swear word but they obviously don’t remember middle school. When my son played soccer in middle school, I sat behind a group of 11-13 year old cheerleaders and their language would have made Geno blush.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I vaguely remember that GA gave up on her due to some academic issues. can somebody remind me?
Cardoso had yet to earn a required test score (ACT or SAT) that would qualify her to play on an athletic scholarship this season when Coach Q took a flier on her and offered a scholarship. Keep in mind that English was her second language. Subsequently, Cardoso earned the requisite score to be eligible, and she obviously did well enough to make the ACC all-academic team.

Reaction Score
I think she was instrumental in getting several players to follow her to UConn.
Well I think UConn (Geno/CD/Shea)were instrumental. There is no proof any recruit “followed” Paige to UConn or that she had any influence. I know Azzi mentioned something about being able to play with friends as did Patterson. No on said Im going because Paige is there. Stop taking all of Paiges Donuts!! Please!! Who was instrumental is getting Paige? Lol

Reaction Score
Cardoso had yet to earn a required test score (ACT or SAT) that would qualify her to play on an athletic scholarship this season when Coach Q took a flier on her and offered a scholarship. Keep in mind that English was her second language. Subsequently, Cardoso earned the requisite score to be eligible, and she obviously did well enough to make the ACC all-academic team.
Reminds me of Gillian Goring also 6'7" whose academic problems prevented her from matriculating at UCONN..

Reaction Score
Actually there are lots of Portuguese-Americans in Connecticut. I would guess a lot more then California, Texas, S. Carolina. Probably not many Brazilians, though.
California has the largest population of Portuguese-Americans...Ct is 7th...

Reaction Score
Did you watch the UConn vs Syracuse game? Even Renee Montgomery mentioned how fast and athletic Cardoso was, she looks like Geno material to me. I’ve always wanted to see what Geno and the staff could do with an athletic post player who is over 6’5.
Kara Wolters was more athletic than you think. Not as much as Cardoso, but she could move.

Reaction Score
A large percentage of Portuguese who emigrate to the US come from the Azores. I visited once and the people I talked to all had more friends and family in the US than on the mainland. (The Azores are 900 miles off the coast of Portugal).

Reaction Score
California has the largest population of Portuguese-Americans...Ct is 7th...
Let's not forget New Bedford. Over the line in Mass but close by.

What is nice about this Cardoso story is that if she goes elsewhere all is still good in Huskieland.

Reaction Score
She was also ACC defensive player of the year as a Freshman. I just don’t understand why someone wouldn’t want her in the team; she is certainly the number one player in the Portal right now.

Reaction Score
Cardoso got a Griner potential. 6'7 athletic with good speed...she can be unstoppable. Geno realyl liked coaching Griner in team USA and i would think he'll enjoy coaching Cardoso.

Reaction Score
Perhaps this may open the door for Boston to leave SC for UConn. She would be a perfect fit & UConn woud have won the title last year with her. Boston took a step back last year, imo. Geno would welcome 3 years of Boston at the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom