Car question Subaru Forester | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Car question Subaru Forester

Reaction Score
I'm in CT with my mom who is in serious pain and can't even really get around the house with a walker. So she isn't using her car every day or at all right now. She has a one year old Forester under lease and there is a design flaw with these cars where the car has to be started basically every day. If it sits for even a few days the car is completely dead. She's had to call service 3 or 4 times for them to come to the house and give her a jump. Talked to the guy who came out today and he's said he's had to jump these cars 40 times and the battery is completely dead just if people don't start the car every 2 or 3 days. He thinks they may be working on some sort of recall but they aren't admitting to the public there is a something wrong with the cars.

How the hell can she get out of this lease and get a new different car?

Reaction Score
Just received a warranty extension letter from Subaru regarding the above problem. I have a 2018 Legacy with no problems so far. The affected cars are equipped with DCM module that is trying to access a 3G network which is no longer available and have not received a previous DCM update. The extension will cover the cost of an update and replacement battery. Now extended to 8 years or 100k miles and all vehicles will be covered for one year from date of this notice.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, Mrs. Diesel took her two-year old 2022 Subaru Outback to the Subaru dealership for an oil change this morning. We're still getting free or reduced cost servicing at the dealership, so it works out. She sends me a text saying they're also changing out the battery under warranty because its charge state is low.

She drives it almost every day and has never had an issue with car not starting or tuning over.

Reaction Score
So, Mrs. Diesel took her two-year old 2022 Subaru Outback to the Subaru dealership for an oil change this morning. We're still getting free or reduced cost servicing at the dealership, so it works out. She sends me a text saying they're also changing out the battery under warranty because its charge state is low.

She drives it almost every day and has never had an issue with car not starting or tuning over.
A battery replacement at 2 years? Tell Subaru to use a non-oem battery.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Have we considered the possibility that all Subaru Foresters arrive from the factory bewitched by arcane nature loving pagan witches? Is that not the core customer base?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A battery replacement at 2 years? Tell Subaru to use a non-oem battery.
Have we considered the possibility that all Subaru Foresters arrive from the factory bewitched by arcane nature loving pagan witches? Is that not the core customer base?

So, today I actually looked at the paperwork from the visit. I was curious if they actually put down what the charge rating was when they tested it. Nope. Just said they used a tester and it failed test and was replaced under warranty.

Reaction Score
Just received a warranty extension letter from Subaru regarding the above problem. I have a 2018 Legacy with no problems so far. The affected cars are equipped with DCM module that is trying to access a 3G network which is no longer available and have not received a previous DCM update. The extension will cover the cost of an update and replacement battery. Now extended to 8 years or 100k miles and all vehicles will be covered for one year from date of this notice.
I got the same letter from Subaru! They recognize the problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom