Can we sell out Missouri at the Rent Oct 28th? | The Boneyard

Can we sell out Missouri at the Rent Oct 28th?

Reaction Score
I think it is possible. Especially if Edsall 2.0 puts a quality product on the field that doesn't look like it will get blown out of the building.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
IMG_1640.GIF

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Does Mizzou travel like Iowa State? They had a boatload when they came here. However, Chin is correct. No

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It would take a lot. I'd say we'd need a 5-2 record or better plus 24k+ season tickets and a nice traveling party from Mizzou. Of the three, the last is the most likely.

Reaction Score
It will depend on how Mizzou is doing and how we are doing. Way too early to tell.

Reaction Score
Sure. Just be undefeated going into that game. Randy part 2 along with a 7-0 overall, 5-0 conference record should bring out plenty. Make that homecoming weekend just to be sure.

Reaction Score
That would seem to be our chance to make a statement.
This obviously has the potential to be our largest crowd this year but by no means a sellout. Our best shot at that was the BC game but they sold us up the river on that one. Yep we gotta love that dirty water...:mad: :confused: ...

Reaction Score
I recall looking at this a couple months ago and concluding Mizzou doesn't particularly travel well, especially when you consider it is an SEC school. I say no unless UConn is playing incredibly well and/or Mizzou is top 25.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
A bigger statement will be winning. I'd rather take 9-3 than selling the Rent out for one game.

Reaction Score
I know the Kool Aid is going around but really?!?

If we average 30k for the year I'll be ecstatic. We all want RE to crush it, but sell out crowd levels will take buy-in from the causal fan which won't happen over night. Houston 2015 and Syracuse 2016 are proof that we've REALLY lost the fringe fans. It will take a lot to get 40k back at the Rent.

So I say the USF game in week 2 is the best attended game of 2017. Maybe 32-34k.

Reaction Score
I kind of feel like there is an energy around the program that will drive attendance a little further than one might think. Part of that energy is because of Randy and the other is because of Rhett. I think there will be a curiosity to see this new, more flexible, more humble, more offensive minded version of an Edsall football team. There is also the nostalgia factor, many people that went to games during better times may be drawn back because of RE.

The media, Jacobs and the local tv sports anchors in particular, could really do UConn a favor over the next few months by talking about it. The casual fans, those who are more "event" fans than football fans need to be educated on who Rhett Lashlee and the rest of the staff are and why they will be exciting to watch rebuild this program. Our DC, Crocker, is only coming from Villanova, but his success at winning games is huge. Casual fans won't know how good Villanova is in their division. We really need to make sure that people around the state know what an all star cast of coaches we've assembled.

The other factor is Arkeel Newsome. We have a great running back that should become a talking point ASAP. Arkeel is twice the player we've seen so far and there needs to be a buzz built around him as a point of intrigue. This team needs a star to bring people in the gate. Who better than a Connecticut kid in his senior year? I'd be working right now to make Arkeel Newsome a household name in CT. He should be everywhere talking to media, visiting elementary schools and so on. Build the brand, but people need someone to pull for and invest in, Arkeel is the perfect bait.

Reaction Score
I think the burden will fall almost entirely on Uconn to get as*** in the seats. Mizzou is currently a bit of a dumpster fire as a program, and has never been known to possess a major traveling fan base. I can't see too many of them leaving the state of MO to follow what will likely be a bad Tiger Team. While its great to have a P5 School coming to E.Hartford, it sucks that it is not one that carries name recognition with it even when the program is down. This would have been a perfect slot for that proposed Tennessee Series. Winnable game against an opponent that the casual fan will recognize and be interested in. Long story short, win games and fans will come.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sure. Just be undefeated going into that game. Randy part 2 along with a 7-0 overall, 5-0 conference record should bring out plenty. Make that homecoming weekend just to be sure.
Filling the seats or sold out?

Reaction Score
I'm enthusiastic about the coaches new philosophy....but based on "between the lines" commentary by OC and OL coaches......they both know what they would like to do........but realistically it sounds like the next two years will be a rebuilding endeavor. New philosophies & schemes.......but we will play to the strengths of the team.

Lets face it, these coaches recognize there is a talent deficiency when they state they will have to recruit to get to where the program needs to be. Also, they expect to have some frustration.......which suggests we can expect to see some offensive and defensive breakdowns trying to learn a new system.

If they get to 0.500 I'd be happy.......at least the coaches are trying to build a program that looks and performs better than a glorified HS team. I can live with mid-range expectations for now.

Therefore, sell out for "Missou" probably will not happen for a number of reasons.

Reaction Score
I'm enthusiastic about the coaches new philosophy....but based on "between the lines" commentary by OC and OL coaches.they both know what they would like to do...but realistically it sounds like the next two years will be a rebuilding endeavor. New philosophies & schemes..but we will play to the strengths of the team.

Lets face it, these coaches recognize there is a talent deficiency when they state they will have to recruit to get to where the program needs to be. Also, they expect to have some frustration..which suggests we can expect to see some offensive and defensive breakdowns trying to learn a new system.

If they get to 0.500 I'd be happy..at least the coaches are trying to build a program that looks and performs better than a glorified HS team. I can live with mid-range expectations for now.

Therefore, sell out for "Missou" probably will not happen for a number of reasons.

This is a good post. The diehards already know that this will be a process and patience will be a necessity. Convincing the casual fan to endure a few more growing pains is the hard part. Especially considering what your fan base has endured over the last 5-6 years.

If the coaches can scheme to the available talent, unlike their predecessor, the team will be markedly better. As they build recruits will take notice. It will take 2-3 years to get the kids they need to move the program to the next level, but in the meantime if they are able to put a fun competitive product on the field fans will slowly come back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A lot has to do with UConn's record at the time, but it is doable for sure if UConn has only one loss or less.

I think there's a good chunk of followers that are sick of the losing and will come to a big game if they think the home team has a chance against a team SEC credentials. If we have won more than we lost and have an offense that moves the ball even a bit, a sell-out is possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom