Can we finally agree that bigs are necessary in basketball? | The Boneyard

Can we finally agree that bigs are necessary in basketball?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In basketball, as in many other things, size matters. Butler is probably the worst team in a major conference without Bates. They are completely helpless. I actually feel bad for them. Can we finally put the argument that "Hurley can't play Sanogo and Clingan together" to rest, as if there is only so much height that a team can put on the court at once before they collapse?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They can play together. But Karaban is really hitting his stride, 15+ points in 3 out of his last 4, and is proving to be our second best shooter. That space makes the bigs more effective. Taking 5-10 minutes from him for Samson/Sanogo at the 4 could work.

Reaction Score
1674419392009.gif

Reaction Score
In basketball, as in many other things, size matters. Butler is probably the worst team in a major conference without Bates. They are completely helpless. I actually feel bad for them. Can we finally put the argument that "Hurley can't play Sanogo and Clingan together" to rest, as if there is only so much height that a team can put on the court at once before they collapse?
I was at the game. Did I miss when Clingan and Sanogo played together today to support this post?

Reaction Score
Yes, we agree that 1 big surrounded by 4 guys who can dribble, shoot, rebound, and defend multiple positions is immensely valuable and probably the optimal lineup.

We are fortunate to have two such bigs who can each anchor such a lineup, separately, covering all 40 minutes.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

UConn didn’t play them together and it was so ineffective they won by 30.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Somewhere in between your thread title and your post I think you have a coherent point, but I’m still searching.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn didn’t play them together and it was so ineffective they won by 30.

If only 1 big is good, then no bigs must be better by your logic. How did Butler do with no frontcourt today?

Reaction Score
Wow. I guess we didn’t beat the dead horse on this one enough. Rather than put it to rest, let’s have us “experts” debate it for another month.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If only 1 big is good, then no bigs must be better by your logic. How did Butler do with no frontcourt today?
Well we did have a brief stretch today with neither Sanogo nor Clingan on the floor. I'm also pretty confident that today wasn't the game this season that this happened and I am very confident that every time this has happened we've won going away.

To use your method of making a counterpoint by exaggeration to an absurd level, if we were to sit both Sanogo and Clingan at the same time for more minutes each game going forward, we should win these games by blowouts

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If only 1 big is good, then no bigs must be better by your logic.
I imagine there are some folks who like stuffed pizza with a top and bottom crust, but they are in the minority and may not even be found in CT. There are far more who consider that overkill, and recognize the brilliance, versatility, and utility of a single crust. And there are probably some gluten-free folks who eschew the crust all together and eat their pizza with a spoon.

The majority of folks where would argue that having one crust is sufficient and having none is simply stupid.

And that's pizza logic.

Reaction Score
If they were both on the floor together do we get that last rebound against Seton Hall?
No because they make the open shot when we crowd the paint with two bigs and there isn’t a rebound. Just an inbounds with 2 seconds remaining and only three guards to try to make magic happen.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I imagine there are some folks who like stuffed pizza with a top and bottom crust, but they are in the minority and may not even be found in CT. There are far more who consider that overkill, and recognize the brilliance, versatility, and utility of a single crust. And there are probably some gluten-free folks who eschew the crust all together and eat their pizza with a spoon.

The majority of folks where would argue that having one crust is sufficient and having none is simply stupid.

And that's pizza logic.
Did chatGPT compose that?

Reaction Score

And that's pizza logic.
I do miss Lena’s

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom