Can Baylor match UConn's record? | The Boneyard

Can Baylor match UConn's record?

Reaction Score
UConn is the only school to have won both the men's and women's championship in the same year.
And they did it twice.

This year Baylor is the most likely challenger with the men a 1 seed and the women a likely 2 seed.
It's unlikely that both teams will survive to the championship game, but it's possible.

What say you.

Reaction Score
It gives me one more reason to route against not just the Baylor women, but the Baylor men as well! I think the Baylor women have been jelling lately and would be a very dangerous threat to any of the top seeds. Last time I looked ESPN had Baylor as the number 2 seed in the Uconn bracket.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I agree with Baylor, probably the best chance over the last couple of years as both teams are contenders. If Iowa's WBB team would start to play defense, they also have a chance as both teams are good offensive teams.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They have a shot. Last year would've been their best year though IMO with a really strong women's team playing at home until the Final Four and the men's team also a #1 seed. Their dangerous on the women's side but are considerably weaker compared to a year ago, and I think Gonzaga is going to be incredibly difficult for anyone to beat this season.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
As a Husky alum and a decades-long fan of both teams, it is my #1 rooting priority every March/April to pull as hard as I can for no other school besides UConn to ever pull this off. I always take a look at who’s left in the Sweet Sixteen of both brackets, and from that point on I can’t relax until every other school’s chance for dual titles is snuffed out.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Baylor is not gonna win crap on the men's side. I wouldn't be shocked if they lost in the second round
giphy-4.gif

Reaction Score
Baylor is not gonna win crap on the men's side. I wouldn't be shocked if they lost in the second round
Are you sure about that? Baylor has the best defensive backcourt in the nation and is a top-three title favorite.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Baylor men’s are going to prove you wrong

Better hope Wisconsin wins its 1st round match

Are you sure about that? Baylor has the best defensive backcourt in the nation and is a top-three title favorite.

I just looked at their bracket, they do have a good shot to get to the final 4... if the Badgers win in round 1.

If they cut down the nets.... I'll order me the brightest green Baylor shirt and wear it all over town.

Reaction Score
~26 schools should be in both tourneys

other top teams:
  • Michigan & Gonzaga -- #1 M and ~ #5 W
  • Arkansas & WV -- #3 M and ~#4 W
  • Iowa -- #2 M and ~#6 W
  • TWSNBN BTSCAAPO -- #5 M and ~#3 W

Reaction Score
I would argue UConn has as much chance to win both titles this year as Baylor does. The UConn men are mostly healthy now & are loaded with talent & a super-stud than can carry the team for 6 wins.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
As a Husky alum and a decades-long fan of both teams, it is my #1 rooting priority every March/April to pull as hard as I can for no other school besides UConn to ever pull this off. I always take a look at who’s left in the Sweet Sixteen of both brackets, and from that point on I can’t relax until every other school’s chance for dual titles is snuffed out.
????

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just hope we Uconn fans aren't becoming like the 72 Dolphins - sad old men popping champaign each year when the last undefeated NFL team loses its first game. :eek: :cool:

Reaction Score
I just hope we Uconn fans aren't becoming like the 72 Dolphins - sad old men popping champaign each year when the last undefeated NFL team loses its first game. :eek: :cool:
I don't care for champaign. I did have a glass of milk though. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom