Cam Spencer Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer Appreciation Thread

Reaction Score
There‘s been plenty of it already here but watching his offensive ability recently really got my attention. Several things. Fade away shots when he has a defender draped all over him, he’s doing this a lot lately. Second, late in our last game he hit a 3 point shot while in a sprint catching a pass by Alex I think. ( against Marquette 17 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists) Last his BBIQ is so high that he can find creative ways to score in and around the basket. And then his insane competitive desire to win and fiery personality out there. I never followed Rutgers that closely but has he always been this good or is it brought out by the mix of our other incredible players?

Reaction Score
Cam has had an epic year for us-Shooting lights out and being a vocal leader on and off the court. Hustle plays- 50/50 balls-clogging passing lanes, etc. Will be a major x factor for us in the Tournament(s).

HoopVision68 and other commentaries-Field of 68- have brought to my attention his tremendous value in our offensive schemes without the ball in his hands. As an example-Setting screens for his teammates to get open within the context of our offense. Subtle but important stuff.Winning plays.

Shows you there's a place for "below the hoop" players in today's CBB landscape. A coach on the floor.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I never followed Rutgers that closely but has he always been this good or is it brought out by the mix of our other incredible players?

He was a baller last year for SUNJ. I had to laugh in the off-season when people were saying we have our Joey California replacement.

Watched him quite a bit last year, pretty similar stats, same fire, hit big shots. His all around game certainly is elevated with our talent and coaching but he was an absolute steal in the portal.

Reaction Score
It’s so funny hearing fans in the stadium screaming at him to shoot and being so frustrated with the way he plays, and yet his shot selection and extra passes are what make him one of the most efficient offensive players of all time. (First ever 90-50-40 with 3/1 assist to turnover ratio).

Pretty sure we shouldn’t ask him to play ANY different when our offense is rolling. After the Creighton loss, coach mentioned that when shots aren’t falling, we need Cam to turn the trigger up a notch (which I think we have seen the past few games), but we should enjoy the last few weeks watching him ball out

Reaction Score
Thread inspired me to look into the archives and search for reactions to the day he committed back on 6/6. Seems like UConn has struck a deal with the devil having lucked out with their ‘second’ option going back to losing Brandon Jennings to Italy and ending up with Kemba, ‘settling’ for Napier after Corey Joseph chose Texas and now ending up with Spencer rather than Timberlake. IIRC, wasn’t Uche Okafor the first choice over Emeka as well back on 2000?

Either way, I loved seeing this tweet the most that was a reply to Goodman’s announcement of Cam’s commit:

IMG_4788.jpeg

Reaction Score
Thread inspired me to look into the archives and search for reactions to the day he committed back on 6/6. Seems like UConn has struck a deal with the devil having lucked out with their ‘second’ option going back to losing Brandon Jennings to Italy and ending up with Kemba, ‘settling’ for Napier after Corey Joseph chose Texas and now ending up with Spencer rather than Timberlake. IIRC, wasn’t Uche Okafor the first choice over Emeka as well back on 2000?

Either way, I loved seeing this tweet the most that was a reply to Goodman’s announcement of Cam’s commit:

View attachment 97427
Please tweet this back at them if no one has yet

Reaction Score
Everything on here has basically already said, but it's amazing how we added a grad transfer that fits what UConn basketball is so perfectly. Once we got him, I knew he would do well, but he's vastly exceeded all of our expectations.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Question answered. Cam had it all at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I feel he's writing an interesting story at UCONN. One that could be magical in early April. Donovan, Tristan, AK have their rings. He seems like the sort of guy that is going to be determined to get his

Reaction Score
Would a Nick Timberlake appreciation thread be redundant? Without his ultimate decision we would probably not be the best team in the country

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom