QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
makes you wonder if he thinks transferring here was the right choice
Confused Subway Surfers GIF by SYBO

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There have been some stories about Spencer and Karaban and the gym rats that they are when it comes to working on their game and skills…..

I was at last weeks Georgetown game and got in early to watch the pregame shoot around. I was focusing on Spencer for much of the pregame and he was so in to his own mental zone that I don’t think he talked to one teammate leading up to tipoff.When the guards were together working on their drills he was by himself going through the sets at game speed while others were talking, laughing and doing the drills at half speed. He was the same when they split into layup lines and he was also the last one off the court before they went into the locker room.
The dude just oozes professionalism and he will have a career in basketball some where once he leaves UConn.
While great about Cam, kind of makes me wish the rest of the guards took the warmups as seriously... or am I misreading?

Reaction Score
While great about Cam, kind of makes me wish the rest of the guards took the warmups as seriously... or am I misreading?
Sorry. My comment wasn’t intended to diss anyone else but to state how focused and prepared Spencer was.
It’s a relaxed atmosphere while players are warming up and it’s pretty common for players to go through their routines at less than full speed. It’s more for warming up, working on the mechanics and getting loose…. Drills at practice are at another level.

Reaction Score
Cam has an edge to him that few players who were here had (and I believe this will play a huge role in how we do in the dance).

Prior to last year's NCAA tournament, even the better DH teams had diffulty stepping on the necks of opponents, when in position to put the game away (a few years ago against both Seton Hall, later against Creighton, we had almost insurmountable leads that we let slip away. Last year's BET against Providence went from a massive blowout to a nailbiter). We need someone who, if we're up by 15 will be hell bent to stretch it to 20. If we're up by 25, to 30, and not be apologetic about it. Cam has that about him. We're going to need it in the coming month and a half.
This is a weird criticism given that we won NCAA Tournament games by an average of like 18 points.

That said, I agree that Spencer has a unique edge to his personality that is indispensable to a repeat attempt.

Reaction Score
Cam's gotta be careful with all this talking, dudes gonna have a target on his back moving forward
How do you mean? I think he thrives when the intensity is high and the smack talk is a strategy to induce that.

Reaction Score
Last year Cam hit a “onions!” 3 with 13 seconds left to put Rutgers up by 1 on the road against #1 Purdue, and hold on for the win.

If it comes down to that same scenario in the Final 4, we got a Purdue killer playing for us.

Edit: after hitting a deep 3 early in the second half to put Rutgers up, he gives the Purdue crowd “the business” heading back up court. Gotta love it.

Reaction Score
Cam's gotta be careful with all this talking, dudes gonna have a target on his back moving forward
So he should be soft instead?

Reaction Score
When you are playing lacrosse you get to hit the other guys with your stick. Just whack 'em. I think Spenczar (RLK) misses that freedom.

Reaction Score
Besides being a truly great player, he gives us that edge. Doesn't back down from anyone, pisses the players and fans off from the other team, and fires his teammates and crowd up.

He should be in the mix for Big East Player of the Year but he won't be.
But could we have all 5 starters get an all BE mid and/or an award? Thinking TN and AK may grab 1st team or AK and CS 2nd. Or CS and DC honorable mentions. TN possible POY. DC possible DOY. Castle FOY( would he beat Cam for a Newcomer of the year?). SC and Solo for all rookie team. Hass one 2nd team all Def and possibly 6th man??

Reaction Score
Cam is just competitive to the core! There was a story that he lost the 3 point shooting to Karaban in the opening night and he did not talk to anyone that night.
Cam recently did an interview with John Fanta who asked him about it. Cam's response was that, not only was the story true, but that he's been pestering Karaban for a rematch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom