*Call for ballots*: BY25 poll #8 (due Mon., Feb. 14, 11a ET) | The Boneyard

*Call for ballots*: BY25 poll #8 (due Mon., Feb. 14, 11a ET)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The 8th biweekly edition of the 2021-22 Boneyard Top 25 poll is rapidly approaching.

Ballots are due to me, via private message, by 11:00 a.m. ET on Monday, Feb. 14, 2022. (If you don't know how to send a PM, let me know in this thread and I will PM you first.) Ballots should reflect all games played through Sunday, Feb. 13.

The poll is open to anyone, regardless of fan base affiliation, who has a Boneyard account. There is no need to have participated in previous polls to submit a ballot for this one.

images

Some notes and reminders:
  • Early ballots are generally not allowed. Ballots should reflect all games played through Sunday, Feb. 13. Please don't submit your ballot until all potentially ballot-impacting games have been decided on Sunday.
  • Please double-check your ballot for errors, duplications, and omissions. Having the same team listed twice is the most common flaw. Here's a tip: Once you think you have your final rankings, copy them into Word or Excel or a similar program, and then sort the team names alphabetically. This should make it readily apparent if any team is listed twice.
  • Full ballots (of 25 teams) are strongly encouraged; short ballots (of at least 10 teams) are accepted.
  • No ties are allowed on a ballot. Each team on the ballot must have a unique ranking.
For reference, previous polls from this season are linked below:

Plebe

Reaction Score
By my count, no fewer than 19 games in the past two weeks saw a BY25 team lose to an unranked or lower-ranked team:
  • #3 NC State lost at #20 Notre Dame.
  • #5 Indiana lost at #6 Michigan.
  • #6 Michigan lost at Michigan State and Northwestern.
  • #7 Tennessee lost at Florida and at #9 UConn.
  • #8 Arizona lost at Arizona State.
  • #9 UConn lost to Villanova.
  • #11 Georgia Tech lost at Virginia Tech.
  • #12 Georgia lost to Florida and to #13 LSU.
  • #14 Baylor lost to #18 Oklahoma.
  • #16 Oregon lost at Arizona State.
  • #19 BYU lost at Portland.
  • #20 Notre Dame lost at Florida State.
  • #21 FGCU lost to Stetson.
  • #22 Iowa lost to #25 Ohio State.
  • #23 Kansas State lost at Kansas.
  • #24 North Carolina lost at Virginia Tech.
(Did I miss any?)

Still in progress (as of 4:45 p.m. ET):
  • #2 Stanford vs. Colorado
  • #13 LSU at Texas A&M
  • #16 Oregon vs. Oregon State
One of these three games is on upset alert at halftime.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just a quick update:

There are 3 defective ballots whose authors I am waiting to hear back from. (I don't like to disqualify ballots except as a last resort, after allowing a reasonable amount of time for a response.)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Just a quick update:

There are 3 defective ballots whose authors I am waiting to hear back from. (I don't like to disqualify ballots except as a last resort, after allowing a reasonable amount of time for a response.)
You can blame me for the delays! Doing this at 5 a.m. PT before the coffee kicked in, I ranked Indiana twice and woefully neglected another team. I think I have a teensy tinsy bit more empathy for the hack jobs the AP voters do...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom