Calipari is the worst..... | The Boneyard

Calipari is the worst.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was just looking it up the other day. As I thought to myself while watching the Indiana game, this team has no one outside of maybe Jamal Murray (Ulis I think is to undersized and might need all four years ala boat right) to jump early. So I looked up his recruiting class, figuring he stocked up because he figured he would push the one and dones out. I noticed he has 5 new guys coming in next year. Plus 1 mid year from this past year. All together he has 16 guys expecting scholarships next year. No way 3 guys are ready for pros. So what does he do.........

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...kentucky-wildcats-nba-draft-combine-ncaa-rule

Tells everyone of them to go get an NBA scouts opinion. So what Jamal Murray and 2 others can be enticed into the draft???

Snake.......

Reaction Score
I was just looking it up the other day. As I thought to myself while watching the Indiana game, this team has no one outside of maybe Jamal Murray (Ulis I think is to undersized and might need all four years ala boat right) to jump early. So I looked up his recruiting class, figuring he stocked up because he figured he would push the one and dones out. I noticed he has 5 new guys coming in next year. Plus 1 mid year from this past year. All together he has 16 guys expecting scholarships next year. No way 3 guys are ready for pros. So what does he do....

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...kentucky-wildcats-nba-draft-combine-ncaa-rule

Tells everyone of them to go get an NBA scouts opinion. So what Jamal Murray and 2 others can be enticed into the draft???

Snake..

The problems you run into when you can't develop talent.

Reaction Score
Ulis, Murray and Labissiere are probably all going pro.

First, they can all declare, but they have to be invited to the combine, so that won't happen for all of them. And having your players participate in an NBA combine and get feedback from the NBA is a great idea.

Reaction Score
I'm not bashing the new rule. I love it. For certain guys its great. Its a complete cop out for Cal. He knows Skal is no where near ready. And Ulis will get lost in the shuffle and his best chance at his most memorable basketball will be gone if he goes pro and then ends up in the D league or over seas. Plain and simple he is in a predicament he didn't expect when he decided to sell and over extend scholarships. The kids lose in the end for this. Whether it be the kids he pushes to the pros who aren't ready or the guys he tells to transfer soon because of this.

First, they can all declare, but they have to be invited to the combine, so that won't happen for all of them. And having your players participate in an NBA combine and get feedback from the NBA is a great idea.

Reaction Score
How many leave and go undrafted? Over/under 1.5?

Leave in general, you have to take the over as 3 have to and no way more than 1 gets drafted. Whether or not those three all try to go pro and not transfer is another question. Either way I take the over.

Reaction Score
murray, skal, and ullis are all gone for sure. poythress finally graduates, and I wouldn't be surprised to see briscoe and/or Lee gone too

Reaction Score
murray, skal, and ullis are all gone for sure. poythress finally graduates, and I wouldn't be surprised to see briscoe and/or Lee gone too

Seniors aren't factored in they have 16 with poythress gone.

Again outside of Murray. The rest are not getting drafted. Briscoe and Lee are nowhere close to being ready. Briscoe needs to improve his jumpshot ten fold. Lee is a one cat guy. There are plenty of guys that can rebound and run in transition. ULIS is 5'9...................5'9.............that's 2 inches shorter than Boatright who has a championship and shot 10 points higher from beyond the arc (the only place a guy like Ulis would be shooting in the NBA, he is 31%). He is not going if he has anybody with half a brain in his corner. And Skal, I mean come on. Maybe, maybe on potential he gets drafted in the Late/Late first or second. But 6.8 and 3.2. Even Calipari only used him 16 minutes a game.

I love how you're speaking in absolutes though.

Reaction Score
How many leave and go undrafted? Over/under 1.5?
Taking the under. 3 will leave and all 3 will get drafted.

Again outside of Murray. The rest are not getting drafted. Briscoe and Lee are nowhere close to being ready. Briscoe needs to improve his jumpshot ten fold. Lee is a one cat guy. There are plenty of guys that can rebound and run in transition. ULIS is 5'9....5'9...that's 2 inches shorter than Boatright who has a championship and shot 10 points higher from beyond the arc (the only place a guy like Ulis would be shooting in the NBA, he is 31%). He is not going if he has anybody with half a brain in his corner. And Skal, I mean come on. Maybe, maybe on potential he gets drafted in the Late/Late first or second. But 6.8 and 3.2. Even Calipari only used him 16 minutes a game.

Championships are nice at the college level, but really don't factor in when it comes to the NBA Draft. The fact that Boatright has a championship does not discount the fact that Ulis is a better player than Boatright was as a sophomore. Also, Nate Robinson is 5'9" and was drafted 21st overall (albeit 20 lbs heavier than Ulis). Ulis has talent - he'll get drafted and play in the NBA.

Labissiere will probably be drafted on potential, but later in the 1st round.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ulis height is not a problem because he went to Kentucky. It's the sad truth for players like boatright, who is a better player than Ulis(barley but I think his defense puts him over the edge), will never get the chance because the media won't hype them like Ulis. Ulis is great though, fun to watch, a Kentucky player I can actually root for. He'll be a first rounder if he leaves and should carve out a role somewhere.

Reaction Score
Its not a surprise to me at all. This is the type of stuff that he obviously tells all his recruits during their visits. Is he breaking any rules? No, but at least hes up front about it. Remember last year after they lost to Wisconsin when he said something like, they dont play for championships at Kentucky, they play to get their kids to the NBA? Thats just crazy to me

Reaction Score

Ulis is 5'8 155lbs. I just can't see that dude playing in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Taking the under. 3 will leave and all 3 will get drafted.

Championships are nice at the college level, but really don't factor in when it comes to the NBA Draft. The fact that Boatright has a championship does not discount the fact that Ulis is a better player than Boatright was as a sophomore. Also, Nate Robinson is 5'9" and was drafted 21st overall. Ulis has talent - he'll get drafted and play in the NBA.

Labissiere will probably be drafted on potential, but later in the 1st round.
Please don't compare Ulis to Nate Robinson, they aren't even on the same planet athletically and at 10 years old Nate Robinson was built like Tyler Ulis is now.

Reaction Score
Also, why the heck is my avatar the same as stairmaster's? I know I didn't put a picture in there.

Reaction Score
Please don't compare Ulis to Nate Robinson, they aren't even on the same planet athletically and at 10 years old Nate Robinson was built like Tyler Ulis is now.
yeah i remembered that after the fact. was just looking at height, but nate was 20+ lbs bigger than Ulis. But I wasn't necessarily comparing them - just going at OP's argument that 5'9" guys can't make it in the NBA.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Ulis is skilled at the college level but even with his small size he doesn't seem that quick, which is primarily what gets a guy that size burn in the NBA.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's fairly funny that people think that NBA decision makers care where someone went to college.

These are people trying to keep their jobs...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like Ulis heart and think he has a change, though he would be better off staying in school another year. If course either way he is no more than a second round selection whenever he comes out.

Reaction Score
Ulis is skilled at the college level but even with his small size he doesn't seem that quick, which is primarily what gets a guy that size burn in the NBA.
He's a very heady player and plays the position the way you are supposed to. He's not much of a shooter and isn't close to a freak athlete like the other super short guys who have made it in the league are/were. I would be shocked if he makes it in the NBA.

Reaction Score

Again outside of Murray. The rest are not getting drafted. Briscoe and Lee are nowhere close to being ready. Briscoe needs to improve his jumpshot ten fold. Lee is a one cat guy. There are plenty of guys that can rebound and run in transition. ULIS is 5'9....5'9...that's 2 inches shorter than Boatright who has a championship and shot 10 points higher from beyond the arc (the only place a guy like Ulis would be shooting in the NBA, he is 31%). He is not going if he has anybody with half a brain in his corner. And Skal, I mean come on. Maybe, maybe on potential he gets drafted in the Late/Late first or second. But 6.8 and 3.2. Even Calipari only used him 16 minutes a game.

murray is a top 5 pick...he's gone
ullis is probably early 2nd round (stock is way up though so don't be surprised by a late first round), but calipari already said he's leaving for sure
say what you want about skal, but he's still a projected lottery pick on basically every mock draft board:
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/
http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/results/top100/_/year/2016
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...mmons-brandon-ingram-nba-mock-draft/82064236/

I never said Briscoe and Lee should declare, but Lee almost jumped last year, and Briscoe has been rumored to be on the fence this year too

so ya...

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
murray is a top 5 pick...he's gone
ullis is probably early 2nd round (stock is way up though so don't be surprised by a late first round), but calipari already said he's leaving for sure
say what you want about skal, but he's still a projected lottery pick on basically every mock draft board:
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/
http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/results/top100/_/year/2016
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...mmons-brandon-ingram-nba-mock-draft/82064236/

I never said Briscoe and Lee should declare, but Lee almost jumped last year, and Briscoe has been rumored to be on the fence this year too

so ya...
What has a Briscoe even done this year? Has he stringed together 3 good games at least? Only thing that will get him drafted is that he played for Cal and the hype and expectation that he will amount to an NBA player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom