California @ Arizona St - 1/01/21 | The Boneyard

California @ Arizona St - 1/01/21

Who will win this game?

• California

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
The Devils have been coming out ice cold in the first quarter of the games this year. Certainly hope that they are able to break 12 points in the first quarter against a cow team that's hungry for a win. With a huge game against Stanford next I hope CTT is successful in keeping this young team's focus on business at hand

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Devils have been coming out ice cold in the first quarter of the games this year. Certainly hope that they are able to break 12 points in the first quarter against a cow team that's hungry for a win. With a huge game against Stanford next I hope CTT is successful in keeping this young team's focus on business at hand
You would have to try really hard to lose to Cal this year. They are truly awful.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that a team has to be trying to losing to be upset. Conditions can sometimes align for a massive underdog to come up with a victory. No doubt California is an extraordinarily challenged squad this year. That said a team like ASU which really struggles offensively can be at risk when playing an underdog like Cal.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You would have to try really hard to lose to Cal this year. They are truly awful.
I may have to watch this game to see how they measure up to Auburn, Vandy, Virginia, Oklahoma and Wisconsin....:eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that a team has to be trying to losing to be upset. Conditions can sometimes align for a massive underdog to come up with a victory. No doubt California is an extraordinarily challenged squad this year. That said a team like ASU which really struggles offensively can be at risk when playing an underdog like Cal.

Usually that's true, but some teams are almost incapable of winning. Cal was fairly bad last year, but then improved quite a bit down the stretch. They are missing almost everyone who contributed last season, and their Fr. clearly are not ready to have as much responsibility placed on them as they have been forced to shoulder.

Reaction Score
ASU Facebook page says in accordance with covid-19 protocols the game has been delayed whatever that means.

The tweet used the word delayed rather than postponed. Wonder if that means the game might go off later today.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
ASU Facebook page says in accordance with covid-19 protocols the game has been delayed whatever that means.

The tweet used the word delayed rather than postponed. Wonder if that means the game might go off later today.
could be a delay in Covid test results to allow the play to begin. That has happened a few times this year.

Reaction Score
ASU lost the Colorado game to covid. Hope the Sun Devils don't lose this one as well. Particularly with Stanford looming

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
ASU lost the Colorado game to covid. Hope the Sun Devils don't lose this one as well. Particularly with Stanford looming
Is it officially postponed? The PAC12 website says delayed, the ASU website says delayed with more information coming and the Cal website, well, let's just say that the school hasn't bothered to update anything...

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
ESPN site says "Delayed"
Well, I can't trust the ESPN website as they are not affiliated with television rights for the PAC12 but then again the PAC12 network forgets it is affiliated with the PAC12....
The Office Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
You're a good man Charlie Brown...er @azfan I can put that game on as I watch the end of the UW vs. Col game and chat with @nwhoopfan

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
This would be a big upset if Cal won.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well if Cal wins I'm taking credit for the reverse jinx because I keep saying they look incapable of beating anybody this season.

Reaction Score
Looks like starters Eboni Walker and Iris Mbulito are not suited up . Iris is recuperating from a shoulder injury and I wonder if Eboni is in Covid protocol.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
This game, while tied at 36-36 with 1:52 in the 3rd does not bode well for ASU on Sunday against Stanford...:eek:

Reaction Score
Devils score 21 in the third to close within 1 at the end of the 3rd.

Reaction Score
Taya Hansen hits her 6th 3 pointer to move the ASU lead to 45-41. The school record for a single game is 7 shared by 4 Devils. The last Devil with 7 3 pointers was Courtney Ekmark.

Reaction Score
Hansen hits her 7th 3 pointer to tie the school record to run the ASU lead to 9 points.

Reaction Score
That was a good game.
56-53 ASU final

Daniels is a winner on a winless team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member