OT: - Caleb White, Alabama recruit collapses during workout. Dead at 17 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Caleb White, Alabama recruit collapses during workout. Dead at 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Excess mortality for ages 0-24 is up 44.8% above historical levels. That is catastrophic.
It's disturbing and disturbing how little it's talked about. There seems to be one crisis after another so I get people are burned out but this needs to be talked about way more and we need answers so something can be done about it.

Reaction Score
It's disturbing and disturbing how little it's talked about. There seems to be one crisis after another so I get people are burned out but this needs to be talked about way more and we need answers so something can be done about it.
Observation of the human psyche has been really something the past 3.5 years. I think the term ignorance is bliss really applies to many. They would rather dismiss stuff like this saying oh well stuff like this always happened. It’s tragic but it’s nothing new. Wrong. The numbers and the data bear it out. But it requires people going outside of the standard comfort zone to research and hear points from sources they’re not accustomed to seeing and diving into the information. I think many people prefer to stay in the dark because it’s more comfortable and frankly less terrifying sometimes.

Reaction Score
And in my humble opinion if one thinks that every one of the crisis after crisis events are completely organic, well, I’d like to sell them on a commitment to UConn from the Boozer twins.

Reaction Score
Long term studies will be needed to see if contraction of Covid contributed to any of this, but you gotta be suspicious.

Reaction Score
That had to have been pretty intense. Has the teenage self-correction pretty much made this a closed matter for you? Hope so.
It has. The heartbeat is exactly what would you call normal. Like once a minute, for whatever reason, half of my heart does an extra beat. Every doctor has been intrigued and done research. Every single one has said it isn't anything to worry about and I don't need anything like a pace maker or anything.else. I'm near 50 now, and despite being overweight (working on... lost 25 pounds in the last 6 weeks and have made changes to my lifestyle including exercise and diet), and still hear the same thing from my doctors. Don't worry about the heartbeat, but lose weight so I don't develop other problems down the road like everybody else.
The good news is despite my current state of obesity, my pulse, pressure and cholesteral levels are fine. Still, I'm not messing around, so I've made the changes. I have 3 children in my life, who are fatherless and look up to me as a father figure. I wanted to be there for them a long as I can and be able to be there for them as much as I can.

For me, it's why these stories hit so hard. The kid had so much potential beyond basketball as well. I wish/pray nothing but healing, comfort and whatever support his family needs right now, they get.

Reaction Score
IMHO it has to do with these kids consuming rocket fuel energy drinks with ridiculous levels of caffeine. Basically liquid No Doz- I look back and shudder when I recall how much those pills used to make my heart race as a teenager. No way I’d let my kids get anywhere near that crap now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom