OT: - Caleb White, Alabama recruit collapses during workout. Dead at 17 | The Boneyard

OT: Caleb White, Alabama recruit collapses during workout. Dead at 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Died of Cardiac Arrest - wont know caise until.the autopsy. Hoping they had an AED to use while waiting for EMT's. AL law requires each school have one but only 1 person in the school is required to know how to use it. Every adult in the building should be trained - that's what we did in the 2 schools I worked in.

Reaction Score
Died of Cardiac Arrest - wont know caise until.the autopsy. Hoping they had an AED to use while waiting for EMT's. AL law requires each school have one but only 1 person in the school is required to know how to use it. Every adult in the building should be trained - that's what we did in the 2 schools I worked in.

I would be shocked if coaches didn't have AED training as part of their certification. At least in CT, the coaching first aid requirement is separate from teaching.

Really should be required for everyone. Takes, what, 10 minutes to learn? Literally stick it on and push a button.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Very sad. May he rest in peace.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if coaches didn't have AED training as part of their certification. At least in CT, the coaching first aid requirement is separate from teaching.

Really should be required for everyone. Takes, what, 10 minutes to learn? Literally stick it on and push a button.
Who cares? Young guy died and an tragic moment for his family

Reaction Score
Tina Charles is on a mission to help. It’s tragic how many people are lost to sudden cardiac arrest. AED’s are about $5,000, every athletic facility should have one

And everyone should know how to use it - easier than CPR - machine won't shock if it's not needed. Have made sure we had at least one in both schools I worked in and trained everyone in its use.
We even gave one at the pool in our communi5y and I trained everyone h9w to use it. Even kids can do it.

Reaction Score

Amazing that it is not required in 18 states

Reaction Score
I read an article that said the fatality rate of cardiac arrest at athletic events is very high if no defibrillator is on-site, and for those who survive the death rate in the next 3 years is over 50% if the cause can't be determined and addressed. I suppose due to irreparable heart muscle damage. For the life of me I can't find it to share here. Horrible news. I was watching the Hank Gathers game live on TV and it's an image that will be with me for life.

Reaction Score
I read an article that said the fatality rate of cardiac arrest at athletic events is very high if no defibrillator is on-site, and for those who survive the death rate in the next 3 years is over 50% if the cause can't be determined and addressed. I suppose due to irreparable heart muscle damage. For the life of me I can't find it to share here. Horrible news. I was watching the Hank Gathers game live on TV and it's an image that will be with me for life.

I remember when Reggie Lewis died. My dad had just picked me up from work at what used to be Edwards in Litchfield. I think it' snow a Stop & Shop. Anyways, I love the C's and he was the guy at the time. The news came on over the car radio. My dad knew it shook me because aside from being a big fan, because I grew up with a abnormality heartbeat that self corrected when I was 16. But I had been undergoing yearly tests from when I was 5 or 6. Doctors told me I was fine to play sports, but not to run a marathon (no lo.ss there). It still would be in the back of my mind though.
When I heard about Lewis, that image of Gathers kept replaying in my mind as well. Strange how guys in great shape can be here one moment and than from all accounts gone in a flash.

Reaction Score
I remember when Reggie Lewis died. My dad had just picked me up from work at what used to be Edwards in Litchfield. I think it' snow a Stop & Shop. Anyways, I love the C's and he was the guy at the time. The news came on over the car radio. My dad knew it shook me because aside from being a big fan, because I grew up with a abnormality heartbeat that self corrected when I was 16. But I had been undergoing yearly tests from when I was 5 or 6. Doctors told me I was fine to play sports, but not to run a marathon (no lo.ss there). It still would be in the back of my mind though.
When I heard about Lewis, that image of Gathers kept replaying in my mind as well. Strange how guys in great shape can be here one moment and than from all accounts gone in a flash.
The Edwards in Litchfield was Finast, then Edwards, then Stop & Shop, now Ocean State Job Lots. The newer Stop & Shop was built in the Village green lot a little up the street in the back, same little plaza where La Tienda/Señor Panchos was. They're putting a Jersey Mike's in there.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
That had to have been pretty intense. Has the teenage self-correction pretty much made this a closed matter for you? Hope so.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The result of Myocarditis perhaps, or congenital heart defect? We shall see what the autopsy says. A very sad event fo sure.....

Bronny was fortunate and blessed to survive....

It's not just him. Young adults are dying at way higher rates than the historical norms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom