C+ | The Boneyard

C+

Reaction Score
Feels Great to know we beat a good team in double overtime, while turning the ball over, and not getting a ton of offensive rebounds, also showing fortitude throughout. But what's most exciting to me is that this isn't really close to the best this team can be. Gaff has more room to grow, same thing with Andre and Akok....don't forget about sool and samson. Lots to love about this game but still plenty of room to grow. Beat State.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd give it a solid B or B+.

This was the first high level team with equal or better atheticism and a legit top 20 team. You aren't going to look pretty. Just win baby.

Yes, there are areas to clean up but that was better than a shade better than average performance.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Our insane depth covered some sloppy play, ridiculous TOs, dumb fouls, and some horrid calls. I'll take it at this point in the season!!

Reaction Score
C+ is totally absurd. Auburn is a very good team with a future top 5 pick. From the first tip to the last whistle, the pace and intensity was in fifth gear. We took punches, we punched back and earned a resume helping win. Given this was our fifth game, this was an impressive performance all around. It was a big boy win. It was an UConn of old type win.

Reaction Score
I think a C plus is about right, maybe a B minus. The silver lining is UConn still beat a Top 20 team despite making lots of bad mistakes and getting very little from Jackson, Akok, and Gaffney. Still very high on this team, but it's clear that there's lots of work ahead if UConn wants to be a legit contender come March.

Reaction Score
Still very high on this team, but it's clear that there's lots of work ahead if UConn wants to be a legit contender come March.
Yes but outside of Gonzaga you could say the same about every team in the top 25. This game showed me that this team is ahead of schedule. NO way we win this game at any time in the last 5 years.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Feels Great to know we beat a good team in double overtime, while turning the ball over, and not getting a ton of offensive rebounds, also showing fortitude throughout. But what's most exciting to me is that this isn't really close to the best this team can be. Gaff has more room to grow, same thing with Andre and Akok....don't forget about sool and samson. Lots to love about this game but still plenty of room to grow. Beat State.
Actually I thought I saw we took every category in the box score.

Reaction Score
I'd give it a solid B or B+.

This was the first high level team with equal or better atheticism and a legit top 20 team. You aren't going to look pretty. Just win baby.

Yes, there are areas to clean up but that was better than a shade better than average performance.
Agree. At the half we were up big and at times looked on our way to a blowout until we started pooping the bed about halfway through the second half. The bad stuff was expected because you cant go from cupcakes to a buzzsaw like Auburns defense and athleticism and not expect a bit of a struggle. I thought this was going to end up a 72-68 game with us coming back late for the win but nope this was a slugfest and we didnt back down. Got off the canvas a couple times and got the KO.

Reaction Score
C+ is totally absurd. Auburn is a very good team with a future top 5 pick. From the first tip to the last whistle, the pace and intensity was in fifth gear. We took punches, we punched back and earned a resume helping win. Given this was our fifth game, this was an impressive performance all around. It was a big boy win. It was an UConn of old type win.
UConn looked awful to start the game and awful late in the game. The start wasn't a surprise because it's the first good team UConn played but the collapse at the end of regulation shouldn't happen.
UConn was significantly better than Aurburn for most of that game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
B+ from me. Lots of mistakes, but it’s early in the season. Did lots of amazing things too. Other teams watching that Jackson to Sanogo connection have to wonder how they can stop it.

Biggest concern is inbounding and the press break, which were horrible. Beat the press with passes, not dribbling. Attack it. It’s an invitation to fast break. We have tall guys who can fly.

2nd concern was that we had two stretches where we reverted to high post handoffs, over dribbling, and iso late shot clock hero ball. Several things go into that, but if your PG is guarded closely just over half court somebody has to instantly recognize that and make themselves available for a pass. Can’t have Cole taking 14 seconds to get from half court to the top of the key.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
B+. The most important players on this team going forward are Sanogo, Cole, Hawkins, Martin, and Polley.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I am so pleasantly surprised to walk away with a W the way the last ten minutes of regulation unfolded. A+++++

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
B+ from me. Lots of mistakes, but it’s early in the season. Did lots of amazing things too. Other teams watching that Jackson to Sanogo connection have to wonder how they can stop it.

Biggest concern is inbounding and the press break, which were horrible. Beat the press with passes, not dribbling. Attack it. It’s an invitation to fast break. We have tall guys who can fly.

2nd concern was that we had two stretches where we reverted to high post handoffs, over dribbling, and iso late shot clock hero ball. Several things go into that, but if your PG is guarded closely just over half court somebody has to instantly recognize that and make themselves available for a pass. Can’t have Cole taking 14 seconds to get from half court to the top of the key.

I think the press breaking was harder to do due to Jax being in foul trouble. With neither Cole or Gaff being exceptionally big for a guard, I'd try something like this.

Cole grabs ball after made hoop. He runs either left or right and Gaff goes out of bounds to the other side. Cole passes to Gaff out of bounds. Jax posts up near FT line and Gaff inbounds to Jax. Both Cole and Gaff sprint to half court taking their men with them. Jax is tall enough to see over the top to pass to either Cole or Gaff if they are open or take the ball up himself one on one.

Fast break can come if Jax can catch, turn and pass to say Martin, Polley, or Hawkins at half court who can then push the ball to the rim. Have Akok, Whaley or Sanogo at the five spot near the rim.

Biggest failure today, and announcers kept hitting on it was UConn kept moving their players to the baseline compressing the area of the court and allowing Auburn to choke off all angles.

Reaction Score
This guy brooo. trynna be tough grader handling out Cpluses

Hell no. I'm not buying that. I would hate having you as a professor. That was at the very least B material. Those guys worked their a* out there.

Yeah some stupid turnovers. But overall that was a great work against a good AU team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom