BYU on the slate | Page 5 | The Boneyard

BYU on the slate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So which one of the guys who dogged Warde for months and months about not doing anything about 2014 is going to write him the apology letter?

Another case of foot in mouth for a lot of you guys on the board......another example of let the people who actually know what they're doing, do their duckING JOB!!!!!

It's just one game Felix. Just wait for the 12 game series with Buffalo before you pump your chest Pasqualoni lover.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The only Utah-based cuisine that comes to my mind is the Donner Party.
http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/man-v-food/episodes/salt-lake-city

Well if you're going to plan your tailgate cuisine around the opposing team's home region, then Man vs. Food is a logical jumping off point. Pastrami topped cheeseburgers and spice tuna rolls for everyone!!

I prefer to go with double alcohol beer and drinking establishments that require no membership, but that is eat very tailgate, it's not specifically a statement on Utah. However, maybe in Honor of SLC Punk, we'll drive to the state line and pick up a case of Mickey's Wide Mouths for the occasion.

Reaction Score
So which one of the guys who dogged Warde for months and months about not doing anything about 2014 is going to write him the apology letter?

Another case of foot in mouth for a lot of you guys on the board......another example of let the people who actually know what they're doing, do their duckING JOB!!!!!
You've got to be kidding. He gets a series scheduled with a quality independent and this is a stroke of brilliance? Give me a break. It was the most obvious and available move open to us. It's called doing his job. No apology owed and he still has done nothing to change trajectory.

Reaction Score
This series is a good logical choice given the situation. I know I'll be interested in it.

Reaction Score
Great job free scooter. There should be zero reason to pooh pooh this one. I'll take them on the schedule every year. Now imagine if the ND @ Fenway thing comes through.

Reaction Score
Hell yeah. A game that's actually a reasonable drive from Colorado.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
However, maybe in Honor of SLC Punk, we'll drive to the state line and pick up a case of Mickey's Wide Mouths for the occasion.
We're from England... yeah... that's probably why we seem so weird to you.

Reaction Score
1. This is a good get for TV exposure. Great job ward.

2. This is a winnable game. FYI. Byu is mocking us right now in the comments section in online articles. All people know about is out defeat in te fiesta bowl. They know nothing about our defense torturing qb s last year. Nothing about us beating Louisville at home who beat Florida

3. Although I would love to fly to Provo to watch us kick their ass can someone explain the alcohol policy to me e cause watching a game dry isn't happening

Reaction Score
Wasn't the Notre Dame game away and played later in the year? What exactly is the issue? We don't have OOC opponents for 2014, Now two of those slots are filled. It's like going to Mortons and ordering a sirloin, but are pi$$ed when the chef doesn't give you filet out of the goodness of his heart. Grow up!!

Yup! Played in November

Reaction Score
This might be the stupidest ing comment made on this board to date. Because HFD did not attend UConn that makes his ability to care less than alumni? You are beyond dumb if that is what you feel. My father, a season ticket holder for over 20 years didn't go to UConn. Does that make him less devoted than yourself?

If you haven't noticed college athletics is pretty much solely a sports enterprise. Years of historic rivalries have been destroyed for the all mighty dollar. If you want to sing the praises of a new facility on campus I am sure there is a board for you to do that.

I can't stand reading HFDs rants. It makes my head feel like its going to blow off. But to say his interest should be less than yours because he didn't attend UConn is foolish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No. You are misreading what I'm saying. HFD and some others here would be just fine if UCONN was #1 in every sport and the campus was bulldozed to build a football stadium and there was no school. Others (like myself) want the teams to be great AND the school to be great. Some of us that went to the school also know that 1) it was a (*&(hole when we went there 20-30-40 years ago, and 2) the progress has been amazing and 3) we are proud of how far we have come.

That doesn't mean we are happy with the state of the conference, the last two years of the football team and a variety of other issues. But the relentless pounding on the school (including those that have more responsibility than JUST running athletics) from someone that has no affiliation with it rubs me the wrong way.

I'm not maligning the non-alumni fan. Just saying it is different. Especially for those that are active alumni and are still involved with the school in some capacity.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Wrong again. Espn has 2 games on opening night on a yearly basis. The Boise State game won't kick off until after 10. UConn will kick at 7/730 on ESPN so maybe do some additional research next time.

this is what u said earlier...

You're going off the deep end for scheduling a legit home game on opening night of college football that will no doubt be the marquee game of the night on national television. It's the students fault if they aren't at the game. However the first game of the year is always the best attended by students year in and year out. Having a marquee game for season ticket holders that may consider traveling if the game is against UMass or Fordham will think twice for this game. Your analysis in this instance is just plain wrong.

i was simply answering that as i did. please, continue to make yourself look good...

as for your response to me. all i said was there were 2 games. i didn't argue time slots or anything espn/2 stuff. just simply answered your blue glasses best game of the night comment with the truth which there is another game. if u think uconn-byu is the bigger game to anyone outside the mormon church and the north east then your kidding yourself. unless we go to 6 ot's and devendorf makes a 3 at a buzzer then the other game will be the lead in on sportscenter type shows.

Reaction Score
For everyone that wants to somehow find a way to bash WM for agreeing to travel to BYU late in the season please keep in mind that most OOC schedules are set years in advance. However when WM was hired just over a year ago there was nothing set. Most schools have this stuff in place 4-5 years out. So I can't imagine there was many options for WM to negotiate and the fact that he landed a marquee game only a year in advance should be applauded. We should be screaming at Hatheway for not doing his job before WM was hired.

Everyone that wants to find a reason to bash WM needs to open their eyes. I personally have only seen positive things happening during his tenure that are in UConn's control(cant control CR)

1.) Ollie was ultimately given a 5 year deal
2.) Basketball Facility is officially breaking ground
3.) Upgrade to Hockey East as well as Lax upgrade
4.) Kept Michigan game at Rent
5.) Forced PP to replace GDL as OC
6.) Scheduled a home and home with BYU even though 2014 scheduling should have been done 5 years ago

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Warde has no chance on this board. He is silent on an open 2014 date and people call him a slacker.

He gets a home and home with a national name with a pretty damn good history and then anyone can schedule BYU.

Yup... no stroke of genius.

Someday I'm going to follow through on my idea to write a novel and then produce a documentary about the life and times of Boneyarders.

Not sure if the category will be fantasy or horror.

Me and Jenny Lawrence will be knocking down a few after the Oscars, shining each others' hardware, so to speak.
Just make sure it starts in a Trailer or you'll never hear the end of it. ;)

Reaction Score
Everyone that wants to find a reason to bash WM needs to open their eyes. I personally have only seen positive things happening during his tenure that are in UConn's control(cant control CR)

6.) Scheduled a home and home with BYU even though 2014 scheduling should have been done 5 years ago

Could also add his home and home with Washington for MBB, and I believed he was in on the MSU game. Although he shouldn't get much credit for that, ESPN basically did everything and all he had to do was say yes.

WM is doing a good job. But with all the crap going on out of UConn's control we need a punching bag, and WM is it.

Reaction Score
"Everyone that wants to find a reason to bash WM needs to open their eyes. I personally have only seen positive things happening during his tenure that are in UConn's control(cant control CR)

6.) Scheduled a home and home with BYU even though 2014 scheduling should have been done 5 years ago"

Let's look at this from another angle. If WM decided he wanted another job, which items on this list does he add as resume bullets?

1) Today? I wouldn't include this as an accomplishment. I can't imagine other comparable programs like Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. would pursue a low budget solution to lead their historic program with an unproven name. In the correlative, if UConn makes a couple elite eight appearances or a Final Four in those five years, this could be a desirable leading bullet for anyone's resume.

2) cheers!

3) Lagniappe at best, the future of both programs is directly contingent upon the profitability of football and bball. Given the current conditions, FB is on life support, and survival can only last until the BE severance package money runs out, or an invite from the B1G is received. Furthermore, even if 1) is a home run, BBall money isn't sufficient to support a programs Olympic sports...but I could be wrong, Let's see how bball revenues expand the athletic departments at Gonzaga, Duke, or ANY other program outside the SEC, PAC 12, or B1G.

4) I'd feel obligated to concede this to be a substantial accomplishment. Considering we're in a league where schools are allowed to withdraw, and not only take the conference name with them, but also coopt MSG to maintain control of the league's single most significant trademark and event...Who knows, maybe LSU will choose to no longer participate in the Penn Relays, but alternatively decides to restructure management and assume control and ownership of the event...In that scenario, WM's resume starts looking really attractive to UPenn's administration.

5) hmmm...given PP's College HOF legacy, this feat ranks right up there with succesfully overriding the wills of Joe Pa, Bobby Bowden, or even the Bear.

6) This could be a significant resume bullet, but only if some sort of connection is made to the last time BYU was relevant. If Jim McMahon tosses the opening coin, the State should legislate a holiday for WM.

Reaction Score
Great job free scooter. There should be zero reason to pooh pooh this one. I'll take them on the schedule every year. Now imagine if the ND @ Fenway thing comes through.

at Fenway or Gillette or MetLife every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle