Butler post game thread | The Boneyard

Butler post game thread

Reaction Score
1707278222646.png

Reaction Score
"Their offense is like a great lasagna, there's always a next better layer". The offense always has a plan A, B, C, and D. Butler adjusted really well and jammed it up, but have enough patience and something will open up
  • There was a focus to get Clingan in the deep paint and he took advantage. Post hook looked good, 18pts/14reb/3blk/3ast. Thought he had 4 blocks but I only see 3 on the stats
  • Stewart gave up 1 three to Davis but otherwise played really well defensively in the 1st half. Good hedges, recoveries, switches, and post defense. Always like to shout him out
  • Butler built momentum and then Castle had a 5-0 run in 30 seconds to put us up double digits. They built it again and Cam/Newton had a 5-0 run in 30 seconds to put us up double digits. They built it again and Clingan/AK had a 6-0 run in 36 seconds to put us up double digits.
  • I'm not sure if I saw Cam Spencer sweating once this game, but had 20 points and 4 threes. First time we had a consecutive leading scorer?
What's the record for highest FT% in NCAA history, and how close to it is DJ Davis? 95+%, damn..Great game but Cam/Clingan > Davis/Telfort. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
- Spencer is absolutely locked in right now and Clingan just had his way with Butler.

- Hat tip to Thad Matta. Butler has a huge talent gap and he has this team playing hard and smart. They take the punches and just hit right back. Fun group to watch.

- Big fan of Benetti on the call. I’ve watched him do baseball games before and he’s great there too.

Reaction Score
If somehow it meant something I am sure Hurley would got them to beat the spread. I DGAF and I am assuming their coach doesn’t either.

Reaction Score
Offense did enough, defense dominated. Held a team that just dropped a 100 on Creighton to 62; 37% shooting and 22% on 3.

Thought the refs called a decent game and let both sides play for the most part.

You had to drop a cinder block on someone to get a foul. Clingan got tackled at midcourt without the ball and nothing.

Reaction Score
C+ effort. Defense played well here and there but had way too many letdowns and blown switches/missed assignments. Lost track of how many bunnies we blew.

Yet comfortably won by 9.

A wagon.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
"Their offense is like a great lasagna, there's always a next better layer". The offense always has a plan A, B, C, and D. Butler adjusted really well and jammed it up, but have enough patience and something will open up
  • There was a focus to get Clingan in the deep paint and he took advantage. Post hook looked good, 18pts/14reb/3blk/3ast. Thought he had 4 blocks but I only see 3 on the stats
  • Stewart gave up 1 three to Davis but otherwise played really well defensively in the 1st half. Good hedges, recoveries, switches, and post defense. Always like to shout him out
  • Butler built momentum and then Castle had a 5-0 run in 30 seconds to put us up double digits. They built it again and Cam/Newton had a 5-0 run in 30 seconds to put us up double digits. They built it again and Clingan/AK had a 6-0 run in 36 seconds to put us up double digits.
  • I'm not sure if I saw Cam Spencer sweating once this game, but had 20 points and 4 threes. First time we had a consecutive leading scorer?
What's the record for highest FT% in NCAA history, and how close to it is DJ Davis? 95+%, damn..Great game but Cam/Clingan > Davis/Telfort. Go Huskies!
Blake Ahern - Missouri State - 94.56%. Davis was 6 for 6 tonight; including that, he's right now at 96.21%

Reaction Score
- Big fan of Benetti on the call. I’ve watched him do baseball games before and he’s great there too.
Oh I cannot disagree more. Hes brutal. Tries way too hard with the jokes.

Asked Raftery - after showing Hurley talking - how hard it is to talk to players in the huddle. HUH?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Let's just keep winning. #2 Perdoo doesn't play a ranked team for the next month.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom