Burton: “We want to be a leader in NIL in Group of Five” | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Burton: “We want to be a leader in NIL in Group of Five”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stewardship is lacking. Repeat consumers are the key to any business. Can't count how many smaller($100-$1000) donors have commented, "Geez, couldn't they at least send a t-shirt or a hat?"

Those self inflicted wounds add up. On the one hand you can't "take care" of every donor like they are Burton or D'Amelio, but you need as much positive energy as possible.

100%

Can’t like this enough. And if you are still forking over a seat donation to this football program they should give you the equivalent of the Medal of Honor.

Reaction Score
We had that kid that transferred to Fordham with after Moorhead left. Had they kept Moorhead at OC, that’s still an 8 win team in 2011.
Maybe ‍♀️

Wasn’t all DeLeone.

Todman went to NFL and Robbie didn’t return so we had Frosh RB from NY.

Edsall had nothing. That’s why he left.

Reaction Score
There are a number of reasons to donate, but personal recognition shouldn’t be anywhere near the top of the list. Just my opinion.

Agreed - BUT, if they have included recognition as part of the gift, they should at least get it right.

I donated to the School of Business and they had that donor bench in the Atrium with all of the donor plaques on it. They spelled my wife's name wrong on it - and despite bringing it up numerous times they never fixed it. Now I know they tore that donor bench out when they remodeled, so the recognition is nowhere (that I know of).

When I finally make it to a softball game, I expect that the foul pole that I "bought" (lol) should at least be labeled appropriately.

Reaction Score
Maybe ‍♀️

Wasn’t all DeLeone.

Todman went to NFL and Robbie didn’t return so we had Frosh RB from NY.

Edsall had nothing. That’s why he left.
He had nothing because he made it that way. Todman stays if Edsall stays, Moorehead stays, Nebrich stays, and maybe you rerecruit Robbie Frey. Different scenario, morecaltvreality

Coulda shoulda woulda

Reaction Score
There are a number of reasons to donate, but personal recognition shouldn’t be anywhere near the top of the list. Just my opinion.
An awful lot of people that we are cultivating are unfamiliar with Philanthropy and need to be nurtured. Many of those folks are digging for $$ that is not discretionary, so a an atta boy or a hug or will go a ways. We need to continue to build our donor base like they built a pyramid, the wider the base, the higher you can build your point. We cannot afford to lose a 25 year old $1000 donor who might be a 40 year old million dollar donor because of the cost of a tshirt a hat or a handshake and a tour.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He had nothing because he made it that way. Todman stays if Edsall stays, Moorehead stays, Nebrich stays, and maybe you rerecruit Robbie Frey. Different scenario, morecaltvreality

Coulda shoulda woulda
Edsall made sure Todman told everyone he was leaving before Edsall let anyone know he was gone because he knew we were set to return a top 10 team.

Everyone else that left from our offense (and there were quite a few) was due to GDL letting them know he had no use for them. That would have been a ten win team if the new coaches were a bit more open minded.

Reaction Score
Edsall made sure Todman told everyone he was leaving before Edsall let anyone know he was gone because he knew we were set to return a top 10 team.

Everyone else that left from our offense (and there were quite a few) was due to GDL letting them know he had no use for them. That would have been a ten win team if the new coaches were a bit more open minded.
we'd still have a lot of long term issues but Edsall 1.0 would have had the program going through those years. Momentum pays dividends, fairly or unfairly, regardless of Edsall's game day thinking.

Reaction Score
Stewardship is lacking. Repeat consumers are the key to any business. Can't count how many smaller($100-$1000) donors have commented, "Geez, couldn't they at least send a t-shirt or a hat?"

Those self inflicted wounds add up. On the one hand you can't "take care" of every donor like they are Burton or D'Amelio, but you need as much positive energy as possible.
this is always why i didn't like how the university didn't hire BWK, but I don't know the circumstances, after graduation. The one thing i knew the program lacked in my 04-09 grad school stint was conscientuousness. Lack resources? Fine. But you have to have a spirit of conscientiousness. Screw up? OK, but we get better next time.

People pick up on the lack of care.

Reaction Score
this is always why i didn't like how the university didn't hire BWK, but I don't know the circumstances, after graduation. The one thing i knew the program lacked in my 04-09 grad school stint was conscientuousness. Lack resources? Fine. But you have to have a spirit of conscientiousness. Screw up? OK, but we get better next time.

People pick up on the lack of care.
BWK?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Often it’s not personal recognition but something as simple as seeing which locker you donated even if it’s symbolic makes the contribution more meaningful to the giver.

Nuanced difference between acknowledging and recognizing.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Terry Caulley was better than all of them.
Now that is a great thread to start. Before his injury, TC was amazing, too small for the NFL every down back but could have been a great 3rd down back. Brown had the body, strength and speed and Todman had the speed and a great ability to read blocks. Loved them all along with Andre Dixon and Cornell Brockington

Reaction Score
Brown was the best all around. And Andre Dixon deserves to be in the conversation.

Reaction Score
Now that is a great thread to start. Before his injury, TC was amazing, too small for the NFL every down back but could have been a great 3rd down back. Brown had the body, strength and speed and Todman had the speed and a great ability to read blocks. Loved them all along with Andre Dixon and Cornell Brockington
Cauley
Brown
Dixon
Frey
Brockington

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
NO SCHOLARSHIP QB!! You can’t be successful.

Maybe they should have had patience with Nebrich
Nebrich was one of a few players (who were projected to be starters on offense in 2011) the GDL told flatly that they didn't fit the bill as to what a player at this level should be and they would never be considered for a starting position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom