OT: - Bucks fire Adrian Griffin | The Boneyard

OT: Bucks fire Adrian Griffin

Reaction Score
there was an issue he had with assistant Terry Stotts before the season that prompted Stotts to resign before they even played a game so wouldn't surprise me that there is some personality issue at hand. I'm sure Dame is already leaking all the behind the scenes info to Chris Haynes.

Reaction Score
Bizarre. Must be something behind the scenes going on

Reaction Score
This is crazy. Maybe he did something kinky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty quick trigger on this one. Makes it all the crazier that Darvin Ham still has a job.

Reaction Score
I couldn't believe the story when I went to espn.com as it had the Breaking News banner. Once I found out the Bucks record of 30-13 and 2nd in the East behind the Celtics I was baffled to why he was fired, but I was thinking this has to be due to something behind the scenes.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes to get him fired, but I have to think him being coach was a big reason, not the only reason, that Andre Jackson got selected to the Bucks. You know the saying "it's not what you know but who you know". Adrian Griffin was teammates with Danny Hurley at Seton Hall in the early 1990s and I am sure they spoke to each other about Andre Jackson.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
there was an issue he had with assistant Terry Stotts before the season that prompted Stotts to resign before they even played a game so wouldn't surprise me that there is some personality issue at hand. I'm sure Dame is already leaking all the behind the scenes info to Chris Haynes.
Oww, but so true.

Reaction Score
there must be some serious going on to fire a first year coach that is 30-13 and in second place more than 1/2 way through the seaon

Reaction Score
I couldn't believe the story when I went to espn.com as it had the Breaking News banner. Once I found out the Bucks record of 30-13 and 2nd in the East behind the Celtics I was baffled to why he was fired, but I was thinking this has to be due to something behind the scenes.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes to get him fired, but I have to think him being coach was a big reason, not the only reason, that Andre Jackson got selected to the Bucks. You know the saying "it's not what you know but who you know". Adrian Griffin was teammates with Danny Hurley at Seton Hall in the early 1990s and I am sure they spoke to each other about Andre Jackson.
His daughter also went to Uconn with Andre.

It will be interesting to see if the interim coach plays dre more or less.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the apology to Budenholzer is coming
he lost in 5 games in a 1 vs 8 matchup in which his team was up double digits in the 4th in games 4 & 5 and lost both, firing him is understandable. looks like they just made a bad hire.

Reaction Score
there must be some serious going on to fire a first year coach that is 30-13 and in second place more than 1/2 way through the seaon
Maybe some issues between the coach and management that have been under the radar.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the apology to Budenholzer is coming

I would have kept him. I thought he was a great coach. Giannis getting hurt messed up that series. They might have lost it anyway but once it got away from them there was nothing to be done.

Word is Griffin never really had the locker room. And with the team (mostly Giannis) complaining about the D all of the time - I don't think they had a choice. 30-13 and this team should be better than that.

The bigger issue being - they can't win a title without a change - and you need time to fix it. So you had to move now or it would be too late. They are all in.

Reaction Score

some context from chris mannix.

the terry stotts thing (damian lillard's long-time former coach) was pretty surprising when it happened. and beyond their record, they clearly weren't playing up to their potential.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
he lost in 5 games in a 1 vs 8 matchup in which his team was up double digits in the 4th in games 4 & 5 and lost both, firing him is understandable. looks like they just made a bad hire.
They should have won the series, but the guy did win a title. And Miami was not your typical 8 seed last year, as Boston could attest.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily. They could've just thought they weren't capable of winning the title this year with him as coach. It could've been that Giannis and Dame didn't want him as coach. The record looks good but they've had the easiest schedule in the NBA so far and there's been some troubling signs with their play. I don't think they've had the look of a team that's going to win it all and anything less than winning it all would be a failure for them this season.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily. They could've just thought they weren't capable of winning the title this year with him as coach. It could've been that Giannis and Dame didn't want him as coach. The record looks good but they've had the easiest schedule in the NBA so far and there's been some troubling signs with their play. I don't think they've had the look of a team that's going to win it all and anything less than winning it all would be a failure for them this season.
thx...I don't watch NBA so have no idea how they were playing, other than the numbers. I guess if your superstars aren't happy, you make them happy

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

And his daughter plays at UConn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom