Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hey, it's the same reason Penn St. football won't play us, but will play UMass

/s

Reaction Score
Words- UConn played a game tonight, we wanted that game but they don’t wanna play us. People say we should take it as a compliment. Implying we’re scared.

Real meaning- Really pissed we didn’t get the bag to play them today & had to play a D3 school for free

Reaction Score
Healthy debate: is UConn ducking a terrible Bryant team? People are talking. I loved that he pivoted to complimenting Mike Martin for scheduling a Brown / Bryant game. Seems like a good comp.

Hey, sell your brand, I guess.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We’ve played UNH more than nearly any other school. Guy is delusional with the entitlement that comes from having famous dad
Honestly, if I was Bryant's coach, I'd probably do the same. I don't see it as delusional at all. I see it as part of trying to create a culture and some interesting PR.

Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doesn't the senior Martelli have a relationship with Geno that goes back nearly 50 years? Perhaps he should have had his dad make a phone call. Then his team could have played Geno's girls. It would have been a more competitive matchup anyway.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
One of the most entertaining basketball games I’ve seen recently was Bryant v. Wagner in the 2022 NEC Final. Peter Kiss went for like 30 and was heavily taunting, then behind the Wagner bench a brawl started. And the mascot was dumbfounded.

IMG_0239.jpeg

Reaction Score
This is so stupid. UConn is not a charity. We don't exist to provide buy games/exposure for the rest of New England's schools. We can only schedule so many non-conference games against cupcakes.
And as he said himself, UConn played a team from the same league... clearly it's not about unwillingness to play teams at that level.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Honestly, if I was Bryant's coach, I'd probably do the same. I don't see it as delusional at all. I see it as part of trying to create a culture and some interesting PR.
If I was Hurley, I would laugh and then make it a point not to schedule him. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Reaction Score
I love to see him say that tbh. Exactly the attitude a new coach should have to lift his team up after a very weird few weeks. I’d love to get them on the schedule next year

They had great win against FDU (unfortunately likely a fluke), and they beat Syracuse last year (tbh should have been a buy game for Bryant, not the other way around). Other than that I don’t think they have any notable wins. They lost to Manhattan this year, who we beat by 30. I don’t think we’re trying to duck the Bryant Bulldogs lol

Reaction Score
I love to see him say that tbh. Exactly the attitude a new coach should have to lift his team up after a very weird few weeks. I’d love to get them on the schedule next year

They had great win against FDU (unfortunately likely a fluke), and they beat Syracuse last year (tbh should have been a buy game for Bryant, not the other way around). Other than that I don’t think they have any notable wins. They lost to Manhattan this year, who we beat by 30. I don’t think we’re trying to duck the Bryant Bulldogs lol
FAU**

Reaction Score
Well we know Kels Dayton of the Courant reads the Boneyard. Surprised he gave this story any more of a platform. Don't think it deserves any.

Alternate access:
Bryant head coach suggests UConn men declined to play his team
I was a few years behind Kels in HS, he's a bball nut. Think he still maintains his own website called roundballdaily.com. Always fun to see his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom