Brimah is our only chance this year | The Boneyard

Brimah is our only chance this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't understand why AB gets so much grief on here. Outside of the first few minutes today, we clawed back brilliantly with brimah anchoring the middle making them shoot threes. When we are playing the extended zone with brimah in the middle teams are stifled (unless we overreach on a steal attempt).

Without him we are rotating between a guy who has no skill, confidence or basketball IQ / and a guy who is a legit foul magnet that can't get proper positioning on the defensive end.

We can find faults and praises for everyone I guess, but without AB this team might not even be able to get double digit wins this year.

Get off his back.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why AB gets so much grief on here. Outside of the first few minutes today, we clawed back brilliantly with brimah anchoring the middle making them shoot threes. When we are playing the extended zone with brimah in the middle teams are stifled (unless we overreach on a steal attempt).

Without him we are rotating between a guy who has no skill, confidence or basketball IQ / and a guy who is a legit foul magnet that can't get proper positioning on the defensive end.

We can find faults and praises for everyone I guess, but without AB this team might not even be able to get double digit wins this year.

Get off his back.

Again please people. He's played good 3 of the last 4. This isn't his first year so let it play out without thinking you need to remind those who have been right in the previous years they are now wrong, it's stupid.

Having said that, the guy who has been on the court as of late is the guy we have been waiting for. While it's not great its all we need to make this team, if healthy really good. He was great today and was crushed by a couple bad calls when he was getting on a roll and really nice one. He's a different guy lately and that's good. Hope he continues and does have a breakout senior year, maybe he does help with some kind of minor miracle?

Reaction Score
He played really well today. What frustrates people is he will get 2 fouls in 3 minutes against BU.

Wait a second BC's not until next Wednesday and he already has 2 fouls zls? Wow :eek:

Reaction Score
I saw two plays where Brimah committed fouls and no call. He gets his fair share. He has zero understanding of basketball principles even now. The fact that it's every game is not on the officials, on him.

And we heard he was stronger and could rebound better. He is awful. I'll be glad to see his last game here. This was a stupid experiment.

Wait a second BC's not until next Wednesday and he already has 2 fouls zls? Wow :eek:

Reaction Score
Brimah is Brimah, just like Phil Nolan was Phil Nolan. Meaning no surprises and no high expectations.

The one bright spot about him is he is a great rim protector, so lets go with that.

He's our center and right now the best we have.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Get off his back.

Ill get off his back when he decides to get off his feet
He was the tallest person by far vs Chaminade and for the most part the Silverswords were not trying to rebound and how many boards did he get? 3
Has he ever led the team in rebounding in consecutive games?
I like AB and his freshman year was good and left me wanting more - I'm still waiting

Also - Durham is on the team and I see potential in him

Reaction Score
If we don't sign another Center besides Carlton we're all probably going to be wishing we had another year of Brimah. Carlton looks like he has a lot of potential but I don't see him stepping in day one and performing as well on defense as Brimah has. For all the high hopes people have for next year, the 5 slot is going to hurt us unless Enoch progresses a ton or Carlton can come in and exceed expectations.

Reaction Score
If we don't sign another Center besides Carlton we're all probably going to be wishing we had another year of Brimah. Carlton looks like he has a lot of potential but I don't see him stepping in day one and performing as well on defense as Brimah has. For all the high hopes people have for next year, the 5 slot is going to hurt us unless Enoch progresses a ton or Carlton can come in and exceed expectations.

They don't have to block shots to be as good or better on defense. I would take Rod, Jake and Travis over anything we have right now bunkering down in the middle. There's a lot more to defense and offense too than what we've seen over the years. It looks okay for now, but it hasn't been. If Carlton or anyone can block a couple shots and be a steady physical force in the middle that's good too. We'll see.

Probably not the time to compare as the kids playing his heart out his last year at this point though!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If Brimah is out only shot this year, we may as well wrap it up and just save our guys for next year because it's not happening. What you see is what you will get for the remainder of the year.

Reaction Score
They don't have to block shots to be as good or better on defense. I would take Rod, Jake and Travis over anything we have right now bunkering down in the middle. There's a lot more to defense and offense too than what we've seen over the years. It looks okay for now, but it hasn't been. If Carlton or anyone can block a couple shots and be a steady physical force in the middle that's good too. We'll see.

Probably not the time to compare as the kids playing his heart out his last year at this point though!
not sure why you quoted my post when I referenced absolutely nothing that you said

Reaction Score
Brimah has turned into the Taliek Brown of this year. He could have a 2o pt 20 rebound game with 8 blocks and some people will still find fault.

Reaction Score

Maybe I read it wrong but I thought you said "but I don't see him stepping in day one and performing as well on defense as Brimah has"??... did I miss something?

Reaction Score
Brimah has turned into the Taliek Brown of this year. He could have a 2o pt 20 rebound game with 8 blocks and some people will still find fault.

Let's see that game and maybe we'll get a chance to find out. Would love the chance to see the reaction honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom