Bria Hartley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bria Hartley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If Geno didn't like how she runs the break, it is just possible that he might let her know it. :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
UConnCat said:
He might not know he needs to. Another reason why he should read this board. He can work on correcting Stewie's shooting form and clean up Bria's game.

Or he could just realize that it's part of how she plays and how she is--he has mentioned countless times that she is the one player who always wants the ball in the clutch. And that she is stubborn. It's reflected in the way she runs the break. Doesn't mean he needs to do anything. Most of the time it works out well. Bria is Bria. And besides, even if he thought he did, who says she would listen? lol

Reaction Score
Or he could just realize that it's part of how she plays and how she is--he has mentioned countless times that she is the one player who always wants the ball in the clutch. And that she is stubborn. It's reflected in the way she runs the break. Doesn't mean he needs to do anything. Most of the time it works out well. Bria is Bria. And besides, even if he thought he did, who says she would listen? lol

She would probably find herself on the bench if she didn't listen.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
calpedaler said:
She would probably find herself on the bench if she didn't listen.

Well I don't have to make any "probably" guesses when I say that both coach and player have been quoted many times re: Bria being stubborn and hasn't always listened to him. As a senior, she's opened up more about this and has clearly come a long way as far as learning to take Geno's coaching. (Again I'm going on her own words here.)

So by your logic, either she and Geno have been making it up all along, or she should be riding the pine consistently. I don't believe the former and as to the latter, Bria clearly plays a ton of minutes. This doesn't preclude things in their relationship that both have spoken about many times.

Reaction Score
The next great player Geno meets that isn't stubborn will be his first.

Geno and Bria clearly have a very close relationship. And he's also played her the second most minutes of any Uconn Husky ever (and it could be the most by the end of her career.) And this is even with missing several games her Junior season.

If the way she runs the break was something Geno wanted changed, he would have changed it. And if she refused to change, like so many talented players that never did what Geno wanted, he wouldn't play her more than anyone ever not named Maya Moore.

Reaction Score
Hartley and Auriemma often clashed during her freshman season. "She's very, very, very stubborn,'' Auriemma said. "A lot of good players have that in them. They think they know everything.''

Reaction Score
He might not know he needs to. Another reason why he should read this board. He can work on correcting Stewie's shooting form and clean up Bria's game.
While Geno's at it I think K's elbow is 2 degrees off center then she will be 100% from 3

Reaction Score
With 14 tonight, Bria now needs 32 in her last 2 games for 2,000.
Well, I'm quite hopeful that she'll get two chances to get those 32 points, meaning a win in the semi finals, to start with. I'd like to see her not stop at 2,000 points but exceed it by at least 10 or 20 points. Another hope is that we get a chance to see the entire team firing on all cylinders at the Final Four. I think they're due because their offensive game has been a little bit off but thanks to our extraordinary defense, we've managed to pull away in both. It'd be nice to see our offense do a little of the carrying the team, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom