Bria Hartley | The Boneyard

Bria Hartley

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Let's hope she gets there!

Always felt bad for Renee Montgomery who finished her career with 1990.

Good luck Bria!

HGN

Reaction Score
Yep, it would be a nice milestone to add to her already impressive UConn career stats. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she gets 3 more games to do it in.

Reaction Score
Yeh, well, though I gave her a tip of the cap earlier today for a fine season (for the most part), tonight she once again jacked up the most shots on the team......with the worst percentage....and, while playing almost the entire game, had only four assists.

She also forced more shots than she has been doing, most of the time, this season. (My main gripe about her, since her high school career, has been that she has been more about "me" than about "we.") Again, I do think she has been much more team-oriented, overall, this season; thus the earlier accolades today.

To her credit tonight, she was only charged with one turnover......way better than what I have counted in many previous games.

With every effort on my part to be objective, it seems to me that most of the time when I think we have played a great game, when I go to the stat sheet I find that Hartley (Harley to some) has not led the team in shots taken.....and has had a solid number of assists.

Of course I hope that she has a terrific team-oriented game or two left in her considerable arsenal. I think our chances of getting Number Nine are enhanced if she plays within the concept of Team. I'm well aware that she could dump in 20 or more in a winning effort.....I just like our chances better when she is about the team and not about herself.....and, again, I DO think that she has been more of a team person this year than ever in her career.....but not tonight.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Wow, you sure seem to not enjoy Bria.

In the same amount of minutes as KML, she took two more shots.

In the same amount of minutes as KML, she had 2 less turnovers.

In the same amount of minutes as KML, she took less threes and shot a better percentage on them.

In two less minutes than MJeff, she had 3 less assists than the water bug.

In two less minutes than MJeff, she had the same number of steals.

I look forward to your analysis and dismissal of Stewie.

Reaction Score
I don't think you can be a "me first" within the confine of UConn WB team and get playing time. She may miss shot that she has a good look at, but I have never thought of Bria as a "me first" player.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Bria attacking on offense...

midnight_train.JPG

Reaction Score
Yeh, well, though I gave her a tip of the cap earlier today for a fine season (for the most part), tonight she once again jacked up the most shots on the team.with the worst percentage....and, while playing almost the entire game, had only four assists.

She also forced more shots than she has been doing, most of the time, this season. (My main gripe about her, since her high school career, has been that she has been more about "me" than about "we.") Again, I do think she has been much more team-oriented, overall, this season; thus the earlier accolades today.

To her credit tonight, she was only charged with one turnover.way better than what I have counted in many previous games.

With every effort on my part to be objective, it seems to me that most of the time when I think we have played a great game, when I go to the stat sheet I find that Hartley (Harley to some) has not led the team in shots taken.....and has had a solid number of assists.

Of course I hope that she has a terrific team-oriented game or two left in her considerable arsenal. I think our chances of getting Number Nine are enhanced if she plays within the concept of Team. I'm well aware that she could dump in 20 or more in a winning effort.....I just like our chances better when she is about the team and not about herself.....and, again, I DO think that she has been more of a team person this year than ever in her career.....but not tonight.

Hartley is me first, really?

The link would suggest something different. Plus, Bria has over 550 career assists.
http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2013/10/looking-back-at-bria-hartleys-move-to.html

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Yeh, well, though I gave her a tip of the cap earlier today for a fine season (for the most part), tonight she once again jacked up the most shots on the team.with the worst percentage....and, while playing almost the entire game, had only four assists.

To her credit tonight, she was only charged with one turnover.way better than what I have counted in many previous games.

IMO she is told by Geno to force/dictate the game pace and tempo. She does that.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The one complaint I have about Bria is on two on one breaks she takes a shot herself a little to often. There was a break with Moria and Bria - Bria started passed ahead to Moriah who passed back to Bria who took a highly contested shot and missed - if she had gotten the ball back to Moriah by going just a little wider on her approach Moriah would have had a better shot. She does that just a few to many times for my liking, but that is a very minor criticism and you weight the difficulty of the shot to the percentage possibility of a fumbled pass for a better percentage shot, and the percentage possibility for an offensive rebound if she misses and it probably comes out about even.
And yes - she primarily but Moriah as well are the attack dogs Geno unleashes when he feels his team is not being aggressive enough on offense.

Reaction Score
All I can say is MoJeff the most unselfish BB player on the team, and I definitely agree that Bria should have passed a few times on fast breaks and she didn't and we ended up nothing, zero, , none, nil, nada.

Reaction Score
The one complaint I have about Bria is on two on one breaks she takes a shot herself a little to often. There was a break with Moria and Bria - Bria started passed ahead to Moriah who passed back to Bria who took a highly contested shot and missed - if she had gotten the ball back to Moriah by going just a little wider on her approach Moriah would have had a better shot. She does that just a few to many times for my liking, but that is a very minor criticism and you weight the difficulty of the shot to the percentage possibility of a fumbled pass for a better percentage shot, and the percentage possibility for an offensive rebound if she misses and it probably comes out about even.
And yes - she primarily but Moriah as well are the attack dogs Geno unleashes when he feels his team is not being aggressive enough on offense.
She definitely is more likely to take that shot herself than other UConn players, but I'd much rather have a player take the shot themselves than turn the ball over. No one makes the right decision 100% of the time, by I'd say that most of the time, I'm happy with Bria airing on the side of keeping it simple and just taking the shot.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
All I can say is MoJeff the most unselfish BB player on the team, and I definitely agree that Bria should have passed a few times on fast breaks and she didn't and we ended up nothing, zero, , none, nil, nada.

Wrong...shots will always be missed, but it is the aggressiveness of her pushing and forcing that drives the UCONN engine. I love her lack of timid nature...Geno does to.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
She definitely is more likely to take that shot herself than other UConn players, but I'd much rather have a player take the shot themselves than turn the ball over. No one makes the right decision 100% of the time, by I'd say that most of the time, I'm happy with Bria airing on the side of keeping it simple and just taking the shot.

Exactly.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I agree as well; 'Twas ever thus with Bria :D

However, in her case, it is the price we(?) pay for her relentless "attack mode" mindset -- and her uber confidence

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wrong...shots will always be missed, but it is the aggressiveness of her pushing and forcing that drives the UCONN engine. I love her lack of timid nature...Geno does to.
Bria does miss too many and loses the ball at times, also. I believe she missed 4 lay ups last night.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Bria does miss too many and loses the ball at times, also. I believe she missed 4 lay ups last night.

Well, I want her to continue to be aggressive, and I know she does not count misses. You just can't play at this level with that attitude.

Reaction Score
Bria's one of the best players I've ever seen in transition. It's one of the most exciting parts of a Uconn game..watching Hartley streak down the court on the break. Yes, she takes the shot..but most of the time she scores.

And she's done it for four years, I'd imagine Geno would have changed it by now if he wanted it changed..

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well, I want her to continue to be aggressive, and I know she does not count misses. You just can't play at this level with that attitude.
I agree. I just keep hoping she would clean it up.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bria's one of the best players I've ever seen in transition. It's one of the most exciting parts of a Uconn game..watching Hartley streak down the court on the break. Yes, she takes the shot..but most of the time she scores.

And she's done it for four years, I'd imagine Geno would have changed it by now if he wanted it changed..
Not sure it can be changed so you live with it. That doesn't mean there isn't a cost, just that the benefits out weigh the costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom