Brendan Adams Graduating in May | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams Graduating in May

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
My fiance is getting her phd this summer. R1 jobs don't give a rats rear about your teaching ability. Many don't even ask in interviews until they're at the final 3-4 candidates (out of 50+ for each opening in her field). The worst professors get the biggest mega lecture classes too at here school--so the TAs can cover up if the prof is bad at teaching.

That's why I always recommend my students that are needier learners go to smaller/teaching colleges.
"Needier learners:" is pretty dismissive. How about teachers do the jobs they are paid for.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I took a Monday night Statistics course my freshman year same thing 6pm once a week for 3 hours. I remember the average of one of the exams was like you said maybe 50s or lower. Was insane. I was an Econ Major/ History Minor. I really loved history, not enough to become a teacher but I remember my senior year thinking a minor mattered and like taking extra courses to get one. Had so much reading to do. Looking back no one really cares lol, probably would have been happier with a lighter senior year.

I was Econ -> Finance. When I took Stats freshman year, the idiot professor gave the same exam to the people on M-W-F as on T-Th. So the reality was, it took an hour and half to finish it, and you had an hour. So we all got completely wrecked by that class. Nobody could actually finish the test.

Reaction Score
so we might need to sign 3 transfers this summer??? that's an enormous undertaking. the competition is even tighter for known commodities.

i really hope at least one senior stays now. as long as we have 13 guys we wouldnt have to fill all 3 potentially open schollys. can save 1 for 2022.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
so we might need to sign 3 transfers this summer??? that's an enormous undertaking. the competition is even tighter for known commodities.

i really hope at least one senior stays now. as long as we have 13 guys we don't have to use all 3 schollys. can save it for 2022.

Does anybody know what potential recruits remain unsigned? Any potential reclass targets? I think Hurley will have no issue rolling one Scholarship over, but probably not more than that.

Reaction Score
Transfer market will be flooded with immediate eligibility in play. If Polley and Whaley return and Hurley can go all in on the top scoring guard or wing on the market we'd be in a really good spot.

If no seniors return I'm still confident in Hurley. We landed two huge pieces last spring/summer in Martin + Sanogo. Hurley's recruiting and roster management is one of his strengths. Have to imagine we're in the grad transfer market with 1 or 2 of the scholarships since Cole is our only junior on the roster.

Reaction Score
Does anybody know what potential recruits remain unsigned? Any potential reclass targets? I think Hurley will have no issue rolling one Scholarship over, but probably not more than that.
Jaylen Blakes is the only 2021 recruit still unsigned we've offered, I think he'd be a pretty good use of this scholarship. Bigger guard who can shoot it a bit, listed as a PG but I think I remember some people smarter than me saying he's a combo guard.

Otherwise its decommits or transfers, Jakai Robinson who committed to Miami seems like the only one we've pursued who's at a school where a coach could leave (in this case retire)

Reaction Score
Can try to poach Mason Miller if McDermott is fired/resigns.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

i really hope at least one senior stays now. as long as we have 13 guys we wouldnt have to fill all 3 potentially open schollys. can save 1 for 2022.
We're on the rise back to lofty levels. Makes us an attractive destination.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Worked his ass of for 3 years in the classroom, community, and on the court. Kid has the brightest of futures.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I've been thinking about this for months now. I don't think it will happen but we will need scoring
Him and RJ would be a small backcourt but we’ve won with smaller

Reaction Score
No disrespect to Fatts, but we have 2 top 100 guards coming in. They should be getting developmental minutes next season, not riding the pine and thinking about transferring. Lots of unknowns but I don't think we'll be struggling to fill out the roster.

Reaction Score
Idk if anyone else has taken upper level Econ classes at UConn before, but they are extremely difficult. I was an Econ major at Storrs before switching to Finance, and man those upper level econ classes are killers. Made my finance courses seem like 2nd grade math lol. To complete that degree in 3 years while playing D1 basketball is quite the accomplishment. With or without basketball, BA will be more than successful in life
Oddly I did way better above everything in my Econ Major classes. Everything else was hard for me or more likely I was just more engaged with partying and UConn Hoops. I guess my brain just works that way. I barely got in to UConn then so I'm sure I'd be at CCSU if I was a kid now. Either way Go Huskies! and thank you to Brendan.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Congrats brother Brendan Adams. Impressive degree, banking down the road, he's near NYC. I'm hopeful the faithful and BAdams are well-connected in whatever he decides. Much success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom