Breaking News Stewie is going to New York | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Breaking News Stewie is going to New York

Reaction Score
I think you will find that Stewie and JJ are better then A'ja and Candace together, and New York has a lot of good young pieces to work with.
It will be interesting both teams will be good. If Sloot decides to join with Stewie and JJ, you have 3 future HOF on the same team.
I think you will find that Stewie and JJ are better then A'ja and Candace together, and New York has a lot of good young pieces to work with.
It will be interesting both teams will be good. If Sloot decides to join with Stewie and JJ, you have 3 future HOF on the same team.
If Sloot were to join, what would they do with Ionesco?

Reaction Score
If Sloot were to join, what would they do with Ionesco?
Play her off the ball at the 2 guard spot. She benefitted when they moved her over last season and Dangerfield played minutes as PG.

Would make sense, and adding Sloot would give them a really good shot at a championship. They are trying to take advantage of Ionescu being in her final year on a rookie contract.

Reaction Score
Great move for Breanna & probably for league. Need to promote your best players and this is a way to do it.

As for the Sun, that was one of the most lop-sided trades for an MVP you'll ever see. Talk about "getting less than the dollar" for that trade. But, it feels like they had no choice in the matter, which is definitely not good for the league and for the Sun.

Kat

Reaction Score
Further additions for either team might be running into payroll cap issues.

Reaction Score
Further additions for either team might be running into payroll cap issues.
The liberty have about 190, 000 for Vandersloot, and being in New York, with a rich owner opens up other opportunities for additional money.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Horse Dancing Cebra Dancing GIF - Horse Dancing Cebra Dancing GIFs

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart made the announcement on her social medias today!
You think MSG will want the Liberty back with Stewie on board? IF MSG would make an attractive offer can the Liberty get out of its contract with Barclays Center? Would they believe Liberty's attendance would warrant an offer?

Reaction Score
I was hoping that the Connecticut Sun would make a run at her but no luck. I doubt if any prime free agent is drawn to Uncasville. Thats our downside with the Sun not playing within a real populated city. Sorry but just my opinion.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sort of interesting that JJ wanted out of Connecticut, and chose New York, and that's where Stewie ends up.
They both play in Turkey, and played together in Russia.
Probably talked about playing together when the new contract with the league came about.
The new free agency gives the players more freedom.
It's probably the new norm, top players getting together to form super teams.
She and Stewie are said to be close friends.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not sure Stewart moving to Brooklyn will count in her mind as returning 'home' Most folks west or north of Albany really do not recognize Metro NYC as belonging to New York State. I work in a small town west of Albany for a number of years and most of the locals considered Albany the big city and had no interest in that place way down south, and Syracuse is another 2 hours west of where I was.

The move makes a lot of sense from a basketball perspective as I think Seattle is in for a rebuild under a new coach.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Not sure Stewart moving to Brooklyn will count in her mind as returning 'home' Most folks west or north of Albany really do not recognize Metro NYC as belonging to New York State. I work in a small town west of Albany for a number of years and most of the locals considered Albany the big city and had no interest in that place way down south, and Syracuse is another 2 hours west of where I was.

The move makes a lot of sense from a basketball perspective as I think Seattle is in for a rebuild under a new coach.
u beat me to it on the NY thing.
nailed it.

Reaction Score
If Vandersloot signs on the potential starting lineup for the NY Liberty next season is:
C Stef Dolson
PF Jonquel Jones
SF Breanna Stewart
SG Sabrina Ionesco
PG Courtney Vandersloot
NYL has some nice side pieces to go with those 5!
Even Vegas would have trouble beating that lineup!
Just MHO!

Reaction Score
will be interesting how Ionescu handles it as she takes a backseat and no longer the lead star of the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom