2023 Recruiting: - Brandon Williams to visit UConn in Aug | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Brandon Williams to visit UConn in Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sooo first to commit among stewart/coen/williams?

that would leave 1 scholly currently open for a '22 or '23 player

Reaction Score
still havent seen any scouting reports about this guy on the board. Coen Carr backup?

I just read an article saying he's up to 6'9 and is still growing so maybe an Estrella backup?

Either way i still want Stewart.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stewart, Williams, and Estrella or Singare?
I was expecting this to be a monster class, I think a lot of us were. Psyched about Castle and Ball but I've certainly adjusted my expectations.

Reaction Score
I was expecting this to be a monster class, I think a lot of us were. Psyched about Castle and Ball but I've certainly adjusted my expectations.
Give it time - Castle and Ball are the start of a monster class. :)

Reaction Score
I haven't watched Brandon except a few clips, so I took a look at Peach Jam box scores.
From the box scores he seems like a lunch pail front court player. Never had a single game where he shot over 50% from the floor, but was consistently productive against good competition. He shot 14-20 from the line in the 6 games, and 0-8 from 3pt. The fact that he took 8 over 5-6 games suggests he thinks he can connect, but just didn't. (Guard play must have been awful. By my count PSA Cardinals shot 16-90 from 3 for the week = a lot of deep rebounds leading to opponent's runouts. One kid was 4-24, ouch.) I thought the clips I've seen show good size and movement by Williams.

Here is his key stats and competition by game. (I don't know indiv players on Houston/Griffin/FL)
Brad Beal - Scotty Middleton 5-13 FT 3-4 RB 6 Pts 13
Houston Hoops - 9Min 4PF 0-2 Throw this game out, kills his averages
Expressions Elite - Bowen, Batulis, (Griffith DNP) 8-17 FT 5-5 RB 6 Pts 21
NJ Scholars - 7' Aaron Bradshaw, Mgbako, Wagner 8-17 FT 0-0 RB 6 Pts 16
Team Griffin - 7-17 FT 2-4 RB 4 Pts 16
Florida Rebels - 5-10 FT 4-7 RB 4 Pts 14 Edgerrin James (nfl dad?)

Rebounding he is competing with Mouhamed Dioubate on his own team that eats the glass in most games.
Williams certainly seems like a solid player.

Let's Go Brandon? (Relax it's a joke)

Reaction Score
Feels like him and Carr are closer to 4’s/small ball 5’s than they are wings. Think it’s probably Carr/Williams for one spot (with Williams seeming more likely at the moment) and hopefully Stewart at another. Not sure who would even be Stewart’s backup plan right now.

Reaction Score
One kid was 4-24, ouch.) I thought the clips I've seen show good size and movement by Williams.

I wonder if kids realize they are having a bad day. My daughter played with a girl who shot a combined 2 for 51 in her first 2 games. Halfway through the season she was shooting 15%. The coach finally removed her from the starting lineup and she quit.

Reaction Score
I wonder if kids realize they are having a bad day. My daughter played with a girl who shot a combined 2 for 51 in her first 2 games. Halfway through the season she was shooting 15%. The coach finally removed her from the starting lineup and she quit.

If you take 25 shots a game and make 1 on my team, you're benched for the season. In fact, your benched by about shot #10. And that's only because I didn't want to blow a timeout after 8 of them. Holy self awareness.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is this high school? Cause there’s no way she’s that dense at that age.

Reaction Score
if we wind up with stew / williams / estrella then i'll still be thrilled but it hinges on estrella.

now sit back and watch me get crucified for agreeing with you

Reaction Score
UConn is just starting to gear up program type NIL. SEC type schools have the TV dollars and a head start. But, we will catch up in some respects.

Reaction Score
Real time constructive feedback is critical. Kids may not like it initially but it’s needed and often appreciated down the road.
When Blaney started a quiet hiring process, he was some “old dude” in the gym giving Caron Butler advice. When Caron later complained to Calhoun about an random “old dude” in the gym trying to tell him what to do, Jim said - “I think you should listen to him”.

Reaction Score
if the OP is correct he's visiting UCLA sometime this week. hopefully he still plans to make it here afterwards.

Reaction Score
I love how his offer list is thirteen high-majors, two A-10 teams and then Bryant, like always :D

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, 247 has him Warm for UCLA, Oklahoma State, and St Johns.

Did we even offer him? I’m not seeing UConn on the site

Reaction Score

I don’t think those are really accurate hardly. I’d pay attention to crystal balls

Reaction Score

yet somehow we still made his top 5...would have liked to see an offer by now. we offered singare and stewart before they visited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32