Brady not returning to Patriots | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brady not returning to Patriots

Reaction Score
He was decent with nobody to throw to. New England should have kept him and found their next QB over the next two years. I’m sure they have a plan, but I’m not sure it will justify this in the end. He isn’t a broken down QB just yet and he’s worth a fortune in exposure, merchandise sales and fan loyalty. A large percentage of Pats fans are primarily Brady fans. He has been the franchise for 20 years. I’ll still be a Patriots fan but I’ll buy a Brady Bucs jersey and go to some games to see him before he retires.

I don't think that's at all realistic.

His QB rating has slid consistently. I don't see a lot of Murph and Sully fans from Southie wearing Tampa jerseys. Your comment there sounds like a bandwagon CT Pats fan.

Businesswise the Pats made the right move. The Yankees let Jeter take an expensive victory lap. You didn't. I think maybe you should have.

Reaction Score
1000%

Brady is done and certainly not worth $20mm a year. Said has a huge Pats fan.
Bye bye Tom. Should have retired. Your last two years will be remembered as someone who stayed too long.
“Said as a huge Pats fan.” A true football fan wouldnt say some bs like that, nevermind a true Patriots fan. Cmon, you can do better.

Reaction Score
“Said as a huge Pats fan.” A true football fan wouldnt say some bs like that, nevermind a true Patriots fan. Cmon, you can do better.
You’re talking to one if the few members of the room-temp-IQ group of posters that grace this forum.

Reaction Score

I'm scratching my head at that post. He said "last 2 years." Brady and the Patriots won a Super Bowl a year and a month ago.

Brady playoff numbers from Jan. of 2019:

34/44 for 343 yards
30/46 for 348 yards
21/33 for 262 yards

He was stellar for 10 of those 12 quarters.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Today's news:
Tom Brady’s move to Tampa Bay sparks speculation that he might bring Antonio Brown with him

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

His QB rating has slid consistently. I don't see a lot of Murph and Sully fans from Southie wearing Tampa jerseys. Your comment there sounds like a bandwagon CT Pats fan.

Businesswise the Pats made the right move. The Yankees let Jeter take an expensive victory lap. You didn't. I think maybe you should have.

the lakers did with Kobe as well.

the question is how will they replace him long term. Not day 1.

Reaction Score
Who cares, the guy is 90 years old in NFL years. bad move by Brady and especially bad move by the Patriots. The guy took pay cuts year after year, pay him out the arse his last year ot two. He won you 6 rings, it's worth it if you struggle/suck for a few years. Players like that should never end up elsewhere at the very end. Dirk took paycuts but knew he would always be taken care of and knew he would always be a Mav, same with Kobe.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who cares, the guy is 90 years old in NFL years. bad move by Brady and especially bad move by the Patriots. The guy took pay cuts year after year, pay him out the arse his last year ot two. He won you 6 rings, it's worth it if you struggle/suck for a few years. Players like that should never end up elsewhere at the very end. Dirk took paycuts but knew he would always be taken care of and knew he would always be a Mav, same with Kobe.
All sides have to agree in order to form a binding contract. Brady didn't have to agree to be paid so little. Evidently, he valued 6 rings and 9 SB trips over the $60 Million in NFL earnings he supposedly left on the table over his 20 years as a Patriots QB which he made up through endorsements, marriage, and business ventures.

The Patriots can suck with him in Tampa just as easily as if he were in Foxboro. He doesn't get the storybook ending. So be it. He is worth no more to Joe Sicspak than the entertainment value he provides over five Autumn and Winter months. It is a virtual lock that he signs a one day contract and retires a Patriot. Good for him.

Reaction Score
All sides have to agree in order to form a binding contract. Brady didn't have to agree to be paid so little. Evidently, he valued 6 rings and 9 SB trips over the $60 Million in NFL earnings he supposedly left on the table over his 20 years as a Patriots QB which he made up through endorsements, marriage, and business ventures.

The Patriots can suck with him in Tampa just as easily as if he were in Foxboro. He doesn't get the storybook ending. So be it. He is worth no more to Joe Sicspak than the entertainment value he provides over five Autumn and Winter months. It is a virtual lock that he signs a one day contract and retires a Patriot. Good for him.
Thanks for explaining how a contract works and that he's married to Gisele.

Nobody owes anybody anything but if you have a legendary player, especially one who isn't chasing rings at the very end you make it work. Signing him to a 1 day contract when he's 45 would be so incredibly lame.

Reaction Score
Belichick wins because he has no loyalty. Loyalty is for mugs. Ruthlessness wins championships. This ain't college man. Stupid franchises pay guys for emotional purposes.

Kraft smartly put in with the guy who could be here for a while. Tom's got 2 years, 3 at most. This is common sense.
The game is about money. Winning is correlated to revenue generation, but not entirely. When you piss on your core brand identity, it costs. They treated him like crap and they are going to pay for it. As many prognosticate, take Brady overly Bill in who comes out on top over the next 2 years. Bill believes he can win without him. You watch.

Reaction Score

Yeah, no. Lifelong Pats fan that lived in Boston for quite a few years before moving south. I even did a book report on Jim Plunkett in 5th grade. Brady is a New England icon and it will take quite some time for the organization to overcome his leaving. So many Pats fans don’t know the franchise without him. 25 year olds have never watched a game they can remember without him playing. This is a big deal, if you can’t see it, you don’t want to. The media has been saying as much all day. I love him because of his perseverance and discipline. He’s a hard worker and the consummate professional. I’ll go see him in Tampa because it only takes me 90 minutes to get there, he’s an icon and I like football. I’m still a Pats fan and always will be, but I’m also a TB12 fan and there is nothing wrong with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom