Brady not returning to Patriots | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brady not returning to Patriots

Reaction Score
Not so fast my friend. He sucked in Cleveland. To me this is a Belichick ego play through and through. I wonder what they are drinking up in Boston. Tom is the face of the franchise. Sox threw Betts to the curb. It’s like the owners have a bet as to who can do the most damage and crap on fans the most and get away with it.
No coach has been good in Cleveland since they were added back to the league. He had success with Bledsoe before Brady took over. He has McDaniels to run the offense which allows him to coach the defense which he is know for.

Reaction Score
The perfect storm these 2. Not sure either of them would've been discussed as the best in their football careers without each other. What a run. So glad it's over!

They should both retire nothing will be the same so why continue? Ego baby!

Reaction Score
Im speechless, never thought this day would come. Thank you TB, go prove em wrong and win one without Belichick.

Reaction Score
I respect Brady as a player but did he have to announce without a new team? I guess he needs more attention.

Reaction Score
Its respectful, hes not blindsiding the franchise and fans. Nice reach though.
Not a reach. I dont care one way or the other. Just seems like drama queen move to me. My childhood heroes were guys like Johnny U who would grab some mud to stop their bleeding.

Reaction Score
Not a reach. I dont care one way or the other. Just seems like drama queen move to me. My childhood heroes were guys like Johnny U who would grab some mud to stop their bleeding.

Hardoooooo.

What a run. Pretty incredible experience to think your team was going to win every game it played for 20 years. Lot of great moments. We'll see if another franchise can put together a run like this. Wish Brady the best, and I'm excited to see what Belichick does with whatever he has to work with this year, whether it's Stidham (gulp) or someone else. Will be a bit strange to see Brady throwing touchdowns to Antonio Brown in Tampa but life goes on . . .

Reaction Score
Feels good. Not that it'll be conclusive but I'm excited to get some insight as to who was more important in New England the last two decades. I've always felt it was more Belichick than Brady though both were great.

As everyone else has said, it seems like a two-horse race between LAC and TB. If I'm the Bucs, I'm not sure I'm willing to agree to the financial terms that Brady will want (and that I think LAC will agree to meet). I think Brady will be in LA, playing at the new stadium, in front of 35,000 fans.

Reaction Score
This whole thing started last spring when they offered him a one year contract off of stellar performances.

Brady put his house up for sale in summer. He expected a longer commitment and felt slighted by it.

Should have never come to this, they should have committed to him for more than a year, because you can bet he's going to retire when he's no longer a top 10 QB in this league.

This year just reinforced what happened last spring, with no replacements from Gronk and at WR, the injuries to the WRs and offensive line, and Brady had a season long elbow injury.

Now, when you see them losing top players like Jamie Collins and Van Noy, and not signing anyone, the writing is on the wall for both. I see the Patriots rebuilding. I would not be shocked if they traded Stephon Gilmore if they could get a top 15 pick for him.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
They just lost at home to Miami and Fitzpatrick, then were outplayed and outcoached by Tennessee a week later. Gronk is gone, now Brady is gone. They don't have a WR outside Edelman who's near a #1 threat. There isn't a better FA option at QB out there over Andy Dalton that I can think about filling the QB spot.

It's over, Johnny.
I totally agree, btw. Brady looked bad last year. Was way off. Never expected him to lead comebacks in the end.

They may have to be a run-heavy team for a couple of years and maintain that good defense.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They just lost at home to Miami and Fitzpatrick, then were outplayed and outcoached by Tennessee a week later. Gronk is gone, now Brady is gone. They don't have a WR outside Edelman who's near a #1 threat. There isn't a better FA option at QB out there over Andy Dalton that I can think about filling the QB spot.

It's over, Johnny.

Belichick definitely looking to trade up for Herbert.

They are obviously worse without Brady, but you acting like they won't retool on offense. 2 of their top 3 WRs were hurt last year. One had to have ankle surgery in the offseason cause he gutted it out all year long on a high sprain. The other was a rookie (1st rd pick) came in 2/3 of the way through.

Reaction Score
Why not retire? Nothing to prove and leave with an untarnished Legacy. Barry Sanders had less and did it.
Lance Armstrong should have stayed retired. Really nothing positive can come from continuing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They should both retire nothing will be the same so why continue? Ego baby!

Because they enjoy what they do?

Think about it, can you imagine BB doing anything else full time with his life? I really can't. gonna drop dead with a whistle in his mouth

Reaction Score
Because they enjoy what they do?

Think about it, can you imagine BB doing anything else full time with his life? I really can't. gonna drop dead with a whistle in his mouth

Neither will "enjoy" losing and they're going to. Whatever makes them happy.

Reaction Score
As a dolphins fan I am happy to see him leave the division but I respect the heck out of the guy. Arguably the best ever, I don’t know, I’m 28 so him and Manning have been the best of my generation. The reason NFL is the best American sport is because of the parity and we finally get that in the AFC after two decades.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No coach has been good in Cleveland since they were added back to the league. He had success with Bledsoe before Brady took over. He has McDaniels to run the offense which allows him to coach the defense which he is know for.

Belichick got a raw deal in Cleveland his last year, but was 5-13 with the Patriots before Brady.

Reaction Score

You realize that we're in the free agency period, right? The Patriots need to compete. They need to know who is going to be the QB. They need to know how much money to allocate to each position. Without that knowledge, they are hamstrung as they construct their team for next year. This is the most helpful thing Brady could have done for Patriots fans. & for Brady selfishly, it actually gives him some leverage as he tries to shoehorn his pal Antonio into the new team's plans.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Neither will "enjoy" losing and they're going to. Whatever makes them happy.

I think It will be tough for Brady cause he's got at the outside 2 more years of decent play, and he'll have to learn new coaches, new teammates, new environs and all that. Tough ask.

Bill will probably be fine. Word is they really love Stidham. That doesn't fill me with warm and fuzzies mind you. I want him to trade up for Herbert if he drops some.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm weirdly kind of excited about all this. It makes it really interesting again. I'm also sick of all the is this is his last year, is he done, when will he retire every year.

That said, I'd take him for 2 more in a heartbeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom