Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme latest has UCONN with 2) Louisville, 3) Indiana, 4) Kentucky, not too tough.
At least six teams will finish their season with a tough Conference final Game. Anyone who thinks UConn will not have tough time in the NCAAs, keep taking those Happy Pills.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Got to think that NC St just did enough to displace one of the SEC teams from the #1 seed line. Because the SEC beats up on each other people figure they all must be good teams ... but they really aren't:
SC wins out of conference - currently unranked ISU and #21 Gonzaga.
TA&M wins out of conference - #25 soon to be unranked DePaul and unranked Texas
Ark record outside of conference - lost to #8 MD and beat #1 Uconn and #6 Baylor Best SEC OOC record.
TN record OOC lost to #1 Uconn and #20 WVU and beat #10 IU
KY record OOC lost to #25 DePaul beat #10 IU

I know covid messed up schedules but, other than wins against each other in a never ending slug fest, just why is the SEC so revered? The ACC is discounted because they don't have OOC strength. Same with the Big10.

Just asking for a friend. :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
At least six teams will finish their season with a tough Conference final Game. Anyone who thinks UConn will not have tough time in the NCAAs, keep taking those Happy Pills.
Just watched most of the NC St/Louisville and wasn't much impressed with either - great individual players but team defense and team offense were pretty suspect.

Reaction Score
Got to think that NC St just did enough to displace one of the SEC teams from the #1 seed line. Because the SEC beats up on each other people figure they all must be good teams ... but they really aren't:

I know covid messed up schedules but, other than wins against each other in a never ending slug fest, just why is the SEC so revered? T
Well, iet's see. UConn played the #2, #3, and #6 SEC teams. All three were dead heats.
So unless you're saying UConn is overrated, that performance is pretty good, no?

Reaction Score
Well, iet's see. UConn played the #2, #3, and #6 SEC teams. All three were dead heats.
So unless you're saying UConn is overrated, that performance is pretty good, no?
Top half of the conference non-league performance:

Wins over Baylor, Indiana x2, Gonzaga, GaTech, SoDak, Texas, OklaSt, DePaul
Only losses to NC St, Maryland, WV, DePaul

Reaction Score
NC State just made a strong case for the final #1 seed, beating Louisville in a very entertaining and high level game. Considering State beat South Carolina 54-46 earlier in the season at SC. SC has the stronger strength of schedule, but State has a better record and won a head to head. We will see.

Reaction Score
Just watched most of the NC St/Louisville and wasn't much impressed with either - great individual players but team defense and team offense were pretty suspect.
Funny how two people can watch the same game and form 180 degree different opinions. Those are both high quality teams. While watching I thought either of these teams could beat the SC team that I saw play Uconn. So, I was not surprised to find out State had done just that. I thought both teams played very good defense against some talented offensive players. As far as offense goes, Uconn's offense in the last minutes of games comes down to exactly what happened in this game. Dependence on individual players making plays.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
VidNick - the help defense was slow or non-existent much of the game and the slow dribble dribble dribble on offense was exhausting. First time I watch NC St this year - reminds me of some of the Men's coaches who want to coach every offensive set, and the game ends up crawling.

Reaction Score
Watching SC-Georgia: neither team impressive to me. More like a street brawl with some one on one by SC guard mixed in.

Reaction Score
  1. UConn
  2. Stanford (If Stanford beats UCLA, there might be an argument to move them up based on the number of Top 15 Teams Stanford has beaten compared to UConn)
  3. South Carolina (Won SEC -- only dropped a game to TAMU recently)
  4. NC State (Won ACC Tournament)
  5. TAMU (Loss to Georgia knocks them down a seed line.)
  6. Maryland (Opportunity to move up lost when NC State won ACC)
This is where it could get interesting for seeding -- If Baylor drops a game in the B12 Tournament, you could conceivably see UCLA AND Georgia moving past them.

7. Baylor (If they win out, they'll stay here)
8. UCLA (Massive win over Arizona likely keeps them ahead of Georgia regardless of Stanford result.)
9. Georgia (Win over TAMU gives them a great shot at a 2 seed depending on results for Baylor and perhaps Maryland)

10. Louisville (No marquee wins out of ACC Tournament...UCLA and Georgia have better wins, Arizona was already ahead and both lost to similar teams)
11. Arizona (Lost to UCLA. The real issue was the loss to Arizona State prior to the tournament.)
12. Indiana (TBD, depends on BiG Tourney. Unsure if there's enough for them to move ahead of other teams ahead of them for a 2 seed, will likely stay as a 3 barring a bad loss.
13. Tennessee (No new marquee wins, likely stays as a 4 seed.)
14. Missouri State (Win over Maryland keeps looking better and better as they march through their conference)
15. Rutgers (They've been on fire lately, but is 10 wins enough for them to move up?)
16. Kentucky (Okay, they lost to Georgia, but everyone else around them lost as well.)

Just my .02 cents at where we are right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom