Bracketology - Week of January 30 (merged) | The Boneyard

Bracketology - Week of January 30 (merged)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1706635902879.png

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

I think I would prefer any other bracket.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Honestly, this is not that bad if it holds. UConn is back in the Albany 1 bracket (they had been in Portland). Hopefully 2 games in Storrs and the Sweet 16 in Albany are all winnable games. Yes SC in the Elite 8 is a formidable task. But how far do we really expect a UConn team to go in the Big Dance this year down 5 players with no size and limited depth?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Honestly, this is not that bad if it holds. UConn is back in the Albany 1 bracket (they had been in Portland). Hopefully 2 games in Storrs and the Sweet 16 in Albany are all winnable games. Yes SC in the Elite 8 is a formidable task. But how far do we really expect a UConn team to go in the Big Dance this year down 5 players with no size and limited depth?
All the way, baby!!!! :):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Just getting to Albany/out of the first weekend is this team's ceiling in my opinion. We simply do not have enough talent available to beat the kind of teams you're going to encounter in the S16 and beyond. Hate to say it, but I think losing Aubrey was the straw that broke the camel's back. With Aubrey I thought this was an E8 team with a shot at the final four if everything broke right.

Reaction Score
Just getting to Albany/out of the first weekend is this team's ceiling in my opinion. We simply do not have enough talent available to beat the kind of teams you're going to encounter in the S16 and beyond. Hate to say it, but I think losing Aubrey was the straw that broke the camel's back. With Aubrey I thought this was an E8 team with a shot at the final four if everything broke right.
I disagree that we “don’t have enough talent” to beat the top teams. AE and Paige are All Americans. Nika and the two starting freshman are all superb players. That’s enough talent, in my book, to make the Final Four. Now do we have the depth and will we get the breaks in scheduling, to do so - those are BIG questions.

Reaction Score
No question they are all talented players, but the team as currently constituted is unbalanced with an undersized front court.

Reaction Score
I disagree that we “don’t have enough talent” to beat the top teams. AE and Paige are All Americans. Nika and the two starting freshman are all superb players. That’s enough talent, in my book, to make the Final Four. Now do we have the depth and will we get the breaks in scheduling, to do so - those are BIG questions.
At this point Geno is going to have to completely change his approach to compete in March. The small lineup showed Saturday it isn't going to compete with bigger teams and ND is bigger but by no means the biggest. Geno also needs to figure out how to play more players so his shooters still have their legs in the latter parts of the 2nd and 4th quarters. They looked a lot like last years team at this point where they were wore out and simply put a tired bunch of shooters isn't going to get it done.

Reaction Score
VA Tech back in the top 16, Utah out.
View attachment 95830
View attachment 95831
They would have a great chance in Portland 3. None of those teams have great length except UCLA and they have an injury that could really impact the size they can put on the floor. Portland 2 and Albany 1 to me are the two they have a real tough match up problem that likely would take them out before the Elite 8. This year more than most will come down to how UConn matches up but they do have a couple roads if the cards fall their way.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Give Ines some minutes, we need her to back up the guards. Ice is bad at the Big position, so why would we replace a guard with her? Come on assistants, do your job and convince him to do this. Ice has proved that she is not ready for prime time, so give someone else a chance. Ines can help, just give the kid a chance.

Reaction Score
Give Ines some minutes, we need her to back up the guards. Ice is bad at the Big position, so why would we replace a guard with her? Come on assistants, do your job and convince him to do this. Ice has proved that she is not ready for prime time, so give someone else a chance. Ines can help, just give the kid a chance.
Ines has looked terrible in the minutes she’s gotten to me. So, please don’t do that.

Reaction Score
I don't expect that UConn will win the NC. But I believe anything can happen in the Big Dance, as history has proven more than once! Who's to say? Nothing is a given. :cool: I'd rather dream big.

Reaction Score
Put Huskies in any bracket but the one with SC and I will take my chances we can overcome height and substitute issues with hot shooting. Against SC, would throw out our relatively conservative offensive system and turn all of our 3 point shooters into Caitlin Clark clones, putting it up every possible chance. Would the odds be against us - yes, but what a fun game to watch.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Megan Gauer's update - "This past week has been full of upsets, and while that has lead to some movement on the top two seed-lines, the top eight overall teams remain the same. Perhaps no one had a better week than Oregon State, sweeping the mountain schools at home, to move up to a No. 5 seed. The Pac-12 now has six teams on the top five seed lines. The chaos in the ACC has also continued, and the conference now leads the way with nine teams in the field."

1706807044157.png

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Closing out this week's B'ology, no change to the top 16 in CC's Feb 2 update. See y'all on the 6th.

1707086467091.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom