Bracketology 3/4/24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology 3/4/24

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Today's CC update. Oklahoma back in top 16 and Colorado out.
Arizona is playing better than it has at any other point in the season but is lacking résumé. The Wildcats were eliminated from the Pac-12 tournament after a second competitive loss to USC in a week. They went 5-3 down the stretch, which is better than many bubble teams. They have a solid NET of 33 and the country's No. 2 strength of schedule thanks to playing in the Pac-12 and some good scheduling in November and December. Here's the dilemma: Arizona is also 17-15 overall, has a losing conference mark and a .318 winning percentage against the NET top-100. Give the Wildcats credit for upsetting Stanford two weeks ago, but don't forget the Cardinal were without Cameron Brink that night. There's so much contradiction. Ultimately, the Wildcats move up from Next Four Out to First Four Out, but not quite into the field. They might make a good NCAA tournament team, but I don't think Arizona has quite earned it.
1709909802185.jpeg

1709909879553.jpeg

Reaction Score
Would be interesting if 3 of the last 4 in really were from the SEC. Would mean two would have to play each other. Can’t imagine they would do that…

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Today's CC update. Oklahoma back in top 16 and Colorado out.
Arizona is playing better than it has at any other point in the season but is lacking résumé. The Wildcats were eliminated from the Pac-12 tournament after a second competitive loss to USC in a week. They went 5-3 down the stretch, which is better than many bubble teams. They have a solid NET of 33 and the country's No. 2 strength of schedule thanks to playing in the Pac-12 and some good scheduling in November and December. Here's the dilemma: Arizona is also 17-15 overall, has a losing conference mark and a .318 winning percentage against the NET top-100. Give the Wildcats credit for upsetting Stanford two weeks ago, but don't forget the Cardinal were without Cameron Brink that night. There's so much contradiction. Ultimately, the Wildcats move up from Next Four Out to First Four Out, but not quite into the field. They might make a good NCAA tournament team, but I don't think Arizona has quite earned it.
View attachment 97387

View attachment 97388
I predict Arizona will be in. I don't quite agree that they lack "resume" when they have wins over Stanford and Utah. The committee also looks at how competitive you were in losses, and AZ lost in OT to both USC and Oregon State, lost a 1-point game to Colorado, and last night lost again to USC by 3. Yes, they have a lot of losses but no bad ones except Oregon. Their schedule was extremely difficult, playing 19 games against the NET top 50, and 12 games against the NET top 20.

Let's put it this way. I like Arizona's chances more than Mississippi State's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be afraid for the huskies to play USC in the sweet 16, but way more to play the OTHER USC in Elite 8
Not exactly clear to me ( which one is USC and which one is the OTHER USC ? )

Reaction Score
University of Southern California (the historical USC back to to Cheryl Miller & The McGee twins), then Univeristy of Southern Carolina
Is it clear now ?

Reaction Score
University of Southern California (the historical USC back to to Cheryl Miller & The McGee twins), then Univeristy of Southern Carolina
Is it clear now ?
The “historical” USC founded in 1801 in the state whose postal abbreviation is SC or the one founded in 1880 in a state abbreviated as CA?

Nev

Reaction Score
If UConn can get some help today it would be tremendous. Currently the team is viewed as a #3 per Charlie. If Arizona can beat USC or Utah top UCLA then UConn win out that should be enough to move us to the #2 line. We need yo be the third #2 seed to avoid South Carolina
Why does UCONN need to be a #2? I like us to be the best #3.

Reaction Score
The “historical” USC founded in 1801 in the state whose postal abbreviation is SC or the one founded in 1880 in a state abbreviated as CA?
Frankly, VisitingCock, will you admit that USC is Southern California, Basketball wise ?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
CC with this morning's update. Top 16 remain the same. UConn still ping-ponging around, however now away from SC.

Iowa is one of two new No. 1 seeds. Thanks to Maryland's shockingly comfortable upset of Ohio State, which was the No. 3 overall team, and the Hawkeyes' dismantling of Penn State on Friday, Iowa moves to the top line for the first time since Feb 19. If the Hawkeyes win the Big Ten tournament -- and that path got even clearer when Michigan eliminated Indiana -- Iowa will be a No. 1 seed on Selection Sunday. And despite not playing Friday, Texas joins the top line as well. Still waiting to play in the Big 12 tournament, the Longhorns are the beneficiaries of USC's double-overtime win over UCLA, which knocked the Bruins from a No. 1 seed. Texas' hold on a No. 1 is far from secure. The Longhorns likely have to win the Big 12 tournament and/or hope that USC beat Stanford to win the Pac-12.

1709998532693.jpeg

x
1709998195522.jpeg

Reaction Score
FIFY. That's how you can tell them apart. ;)
Read again. I think you missed a bit. South Carolina’s State postal abbreviation doesn’t include a dollar symbol - unless it’s in reference to Mississippi and a small handful of others. I do appreciate your intent though.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Read again. I think you missed a bit. South Carolina’s State postal abbreviation doesn’t include a dollar symbol - unless it’s in reference to Mississippi and a small handful of others. I do appreciate your intent though.
Hilariously, after I hit post I realized it, but this thread doesn't let me edit my posts once they've been live for a few minutes, so there it is. May your state one day be blessed with bountiful pay-for-play money the way our neighbors to the South have long seemed to be!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Hilariously, after I hit post I realized it, but this thread doesn't let me edit my posts once they've been live for a few minutes, so there it is. May your state one day be blessed with bountiful pay-for-play money the way our neighbors to the South have long seemed to be!
Actually I believe that you have up to 30 minutes to edit mistakes before the post is frozen.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Imma need more than one cup of coffee this morning. CC updated his bracket at 1:30 am. No changes to top 16 teams, although ND moves up a spot, and VA Tech down.

Notre Dame looks like the best team in the ACC and has reached the championship game of the ACC tournament. With wins over Louisville and Virginia Tech in Greensboro, Notre Dame has jumped to a No. 3 seed. The Irish were just outside looking in during the NCAA tournament selection committee's two reveals of the top 16 seeds. But now they've won seven in a row since losing to NC State -- their opponent in Sunday's ACC tournament title game. Notre Dame was the biggest mover on a Saturday that saw most of the remaining favorites win and hold their spots.
1710075631993.jpeg

1710075655042.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom