OT: - Bouknight and Whaley playing together in Bridgeport, CT tomorrow | The Boneyard

OT: Bouknight and Whaley playing together in Bridgeport, CT tomorrow

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wiil Bouk be there or in another court?
It would be nice to see The Wrench - I hope he makes it to a place where he can play in the NBA for a while.

Reaction Score
I’m going to try to get there tomorrow night.
I’m trying to figure out why they’re still called the Westchester Knicks because they’re in their second season playing in Fairfield County.

Reaction Score
Hoping to get to the game tomorrow night as well. I went to one "Westchester" Knicks game last season in Bridgeport. There was almost no one there which was kind of surreal but it was a pretty fun experience. Being able to watch Bouknight and Whaley play would make it that much better.

Reaction Score
Bouk is in the g league?
He’s been getting called up/down multiple times this season. He’s played in 25 games for the Hornets so far, but his minutes have gone way down the past couple months.

Reaction Score
He’s been getting called up/down multiple times this season. He’s played in 25 games for the Hornets so far, but his minutes have gone way down the past couple months.
Bouk needs to drastically improve his shooting if he wants NBA mins, needs all the G League games he can get. Time to put in the work if he wants that next contract...hoping for the best.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Bouk needs to drastically improve his shooting if he wants NBA mins, needs all the G League games he can get. Time to put in the work if he wants that next contract...hoping for the best.
Bouk doesn't need to drastically improve his shooting to be better than half of what the Hornets already have for shooters. Its not his shot that's got his butt on the bench - cue Chief

Reaction Score
Bouk doesn't need to drastically improve his shooting to be better than half of what the Hornets already have for shooters. Its not his shot that's got his butt on the bench - cue Chief
The shooting is a big factor as to why he's not playing. He obviously has all the off the court issues too, which don't help, but the NBA has shown over and over again that if you're talented they don't care. Look at these shooting numbers, I sorted by FG% but he's bottom 3 in every metric in this screenshot

DA644CAF-FBDA-4945-B4E7-BF211B9D3EE5.jpeg

Reaction Score
There may be additional factors like you mentioned- such as his off the court troubles…But shooting splits of 33/25/68 like he’s averaging this year will not get you NBA minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whaley was off to a great start, but then had an ankle injury and hasn't performed quite as well since. Kai Jones is also with the Swarm on assignment, so his minutes have been down a bit.

Reaction Score
Coach gave Bouk a chance this season and he threw it away. He might only get one more chance this year if any.

Reaction Score
He has been on the Charlotte available player list for every game until Sunday.

Reaction Score
IMO, Bouk is done... I hope that he proves me wrong by getting his act together...

Reaction Score
Available and playing are two different things
Didn’t know I had to be more clear. I check the Charlotte box scores every game and all available players are listed. The ones that don’t play are described as dnp-coaches decision. Bouk has been on this list every game until Sunday when his name was not there. If he has been shuttling from Charlotte to the G League I was not aware.

Reaction Score
Didn’t know I had to be more clear. I check the Charlotte box scores every game and all available players are listed. The ones that don’t play are described as dnp-coaches decision. Bouk has been on this list every game until Sunday when his name was not there. If he has been shuttling from Charlotte to the G League I was not aware.
I think the point of the post here is that regardless of his availability, he’s not getting the minutes and when he is, he’s not performing to NBA standards.

Reaction Score
I think the point of the post here is that regardless of his availability, he’s not getting the minutes and when he is, he’s not performing to NBA standards.
My question is, has he been shuttling between Charlotte and Greensboro?

Reaction Score
Wonder what it will take for JB to see he's got a long life ahead of him with limited prospects for achieving significant wealth unless he gets his act together. He shouldn't need two years of up and down to the G-League to get the message.

Ray Allen needs to tell him what Calhoun said to him when he was about to leave the gym early one day. It was all Ray needed.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wonder what it will take for JB to see he's got a long life ahead of him with limited prospects for achieving significant wealth unless he gets his act together. He shouldn't need two years of up and down to the G-League to get the message.

Ray Allen needs to tell him what Calhoun said to him when he was about to leave the gym early one day. It was all Ray needed.
You wouldn’t trade your bank account with JB’s?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom