Bouk nailed to the bench in opener | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bouk nailed to the bench in opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure how mine was a complaint? Just stated a fact of what coach said.
I wasn’t pointing you out or anyone in particular, I meant as a general feeling as people here are looking into more than necessary. We have two threads of conspiracy theories and the sky is falling after 6 games.

Reaction Score
He posted on draft night that Bouknight's NBA career is likely over the second he was drafted by Charlotte, so he's not exactly the most rational person
You’re just mad I’m right so far. I’ll happily be wrong! I’ll take the L gladly if he has a good career in Charlotte. Meanwhile, consider chilling out its not healthy to be so worked up! Personal attacks hiding behind a keyboard must make you feel like a big man!

Reaction Score
I think James needs to redefine what success is and how to attain it. He has the talent but not following this process is holding him back.

Reaction Score
You’re just mad I’m right so far. I’ll happily be wrong! I’ll take the L gladly if he has a good career in Charlotte. Meanwhile, consider chilling out its not healthy to be so worked up! Personal attacks hiding behind a keyboard must make you feel like a big man!
Only take personal attacks at the people who do it themselves, you've done it across multiple threads about Bouknight for the last 2 weeks. I'm just not willing to write off Bouknight's career as a failure after a few games, I'd obviously love to see him playing big minutes. The Hornets have earned the benefit of the doubt with this regime's development

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Martin is shooting 51/50/85% so far this season. 10 points on 6 shots a game with a 3:1 A:TO ratio with decent defense. That's just about all you can ask from a bench player.
Definitely. He’s been very good and it seems like coach loves him. But still would be surprising if he kept that up

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Hornets down 19 after the first quarter. Could this lead to Bouknight minutes?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Hornets down 19 after the first quarter. Could this lead to Bouknight minutes?
Lost to the Cavs with Hayward and Oubre playing absolutely atrocious. Give the man some run, this is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Lost to the Cavs with Hayward and Oubre playing absolutely atrocious. Give the man some run, this is ridiculous.
Absolutely agree on this. After Jeremy Lamb was drafted, he was playing on a top OKC team -- made perfect sense why he didn't immediately get alot of playing time. Charlotte is not OKC. They'll likely be a playoff team, but we're talking a 6-8 seed and a likely first round exit. Is that worth not playing and developing your lottery pick? Charlotte's best years are ahead of them. They aren't competing for a championship this year. Just don't understand why they wouldn't give their top rookie some run, especially after the pre-season that Bouknight had.

Reaction Score
Some UConn fan's expectations regarding Bouknight's immediate & future NBA impact may be too high. Others are too low, but I think 538's projection offers a facts based argument for the medium to low crowd. I wonder if the high crowd is over-reliant on some very great highlight plays & streaks vs his entire body of work & results. Amongst his comps only DeRozan is an all-star, Lamb seems about right to me, not happy about seeing Austin Rivers (hate his offensive game, good defender tho) so similar.

Reaction Score
Only take personal attacks at the people who do it themselves, you've done it across multiple threads about Bouknight for the last 2 weeks. I'm just not willing to write off Bouknight's career as a failure after a few games, I'd obviously love to see him playing big minutes. The Hornets have earned the benefit of the doubt with this regime's development
You and others have attacked me since Day 1. I never personally attacked anyone directly (unlike you, and others like @UConnSwag11). I just said people on here clearly don't want Bouk to succeed. Never said you specifically. You called me out specifically. That is the difference. Grow. Up.

EDIT: I personally attacked the Hornets, hand up!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Crazy this is also Oubre’s 6th year. He’s had an up and down career, definitely had his game knocked, but he’s having his best start to a year so far. Between him and Martin it makes sense. Doesn’t mean it’s not disappointing, especially when folks said he was drafted too low.

Reaction Score
Is anyone suggesting that you should?
Yes the poster I've been going back and forth with suggested Bouknight's career was over the day he was drafted by the Hornets and that he won't get a chance to play until he leaves Charlotte. That seems like a massive overreaction to a few games of not playing

Reaction Score
You and others have attacked me since Day 1. I never personally attacked anyone directly (unlike you, and others like @UConnSwag11). I just said people on here clearly don't want Bouk to succeed. Never said you specifically. You called me out specifically. That is the difference. Grow. Up.

EDIT: I personally attacked the Hornets, hand up!
I'll ask you this one question then, do you think I'm rooting for James Bouknight to fall? You've now implied this multiple times

Reaction Score
For all the criticism that Bouk has taken, his 18 RPG per 36 are outstanding.
Would like to see him contribute in other areas of the game though

Reaction Score
the minute i critiqued Bouk's defense, several jumped on me that he was the best defensive Husky. Maybe so, but he now has to live up to a different standard. Not just on one play and not just when he feels like it.
Knox on the Knicks can't figure that out. Toppin on the Knicks has figured it out.
its tuff love.

Reaction Score
I think every fan base wants to see their rookies play. I see fans on the Knicks message boards constantly complaining about Thibs not playing Grimes or McBride.

Bouk is on an NBA team getting paid he just has to make the most of his opportunity when he gets a chance at playing time.

Reaction Score
Kupchak, Hornets to Strongly Utilize G-League

Article from a couple weeks ago with quotes from Kupchak about Bouk and developing players in the G League. With what we have seen thru the 1st 8 games, I don't see James playing anytime soon. Is he better off being sent down or riding the pines? Either way it's a very rough start for him.

Has there been any lottery picks the last few years that got exiled to the G league for a substantial amount of time?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has there been any lottery picks the last few years that got exiled to the G league for a substantial amount of time?
Warriors already sent Moody down there this year. Josh Primo went down already also, but he's 3 years younger than Bouk.

Reaction Score
I would be in favor of it. You get better by playing.

Yeah without knowing much or how he is doing in practice. I'd rather him play and demonstrate in the G League than just watch the game from the sideline

Reaction Score
The G-League has lost a lot of the negative connotation that existed previously. Would be disappointing but it's definitely a place Bouknight can develop

Reaction Score
Kupchak, Hornets to Strongly Utilize G-League

Article from a couple weeks ago with quotes from Kupchak about Bouk and developing players in the G League. With what we have seen thru the 1st 8 games, I don't see James playing anytime soon. Is he better off being sent down or riding the pines? Either way it's a very rough start for him.

The ability to play at a fast pace is partially mindset but it’s also conditioning and integrating well with teammates on the court. James needs to understand these are expectations at the pro level for a team that wants to play like Charlotte. True, Chief wishes James and his inexperienced handlers had listen to Chief and others back in the spring, for his own good, but that’s water over the dam now.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I'm no scout, but I've watched enough of Bouk to know how explosive he can be offensively & I truly believe that he has the potential to be a 20+ppg guy on a winning team. He had zero business staying in college & belongs on an active roster - nothing against the G-League, but he's better than a lot of bench players league-wide right now.

He flashed such a dynamic skillset during the pre-season that I thought he was a lock to be the 6th/7th man to start the season. I was borderline shocked at the first DNP & thought it was a fluke - coach sending him a message, or an off the court issue. After 8-games, he's played a total of 2-minutes...that's just ineptitude by the coaching staff, IMO.

I don't care how loaded the position is on the roster [it's really not], it was a log-jam at the 1/2 last year & Lamelo got run right off the bat. Watching other rookies lighting it up [Green, Mobley, Duarte, etc.] is painful to watch - especially after seeing him slip a bit in the draft. I truly hope he gets his chance soon & seizes the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom