Boston Globe Article On Lack Of Massachusetts Teams In March Madness | The Boneyard

Boston Globe Article On Lack Of Massachusetts Teams In March Madness

Reaction Score
Dan Shaughnessy take on the lack of Massachusetts teams in March Madness. Some of readers comments are hilarious.

If you can't get by the paywall use this link. And btw, it's not our fault BC decided to go to a conference that, for various reasons, has killed the competitiveness of their revenue producing sports.

Reaction Score
Acknowledgment that BC still has a basketball program, from a journalist with the pedigree of Dan Shuaghnessy, is undoubtedly BCs biggest win of the season.

Reaction Score
If you can't get by the paywall use this link. And btw, it's not our fault BC decided to go to a conference that, for various reasons, has killed the competitiveness of their revenue producing sports.

I don't think the conference has been the problem for BC. Al Skinner was a good coach and DeFilippo pushed him out the first chance he got. Since, BC has made some underwhelming coaching hires and Grant may be as well. There is no reason they can't hire a good up and coming coach like they did with Dr. Tom Davis, Gary Williams, Jim O'Brien, Al Skinner, but they haven't.

Reaction Score
1678926373714.gif

Reaction Score
I live in Boston, college basketball has very little to no sports presence/energy there. It’s just not a college sports city at all, with the exception of college hockey.

It would be nice if TD Garden put in a bid to host some opening round games though. Super nice arena and it’s probably a nicer destination than Albany…

Reaction Score
Good lord this is why people hate Bostonians

What a bunch of pathetic sour-grapes crap.
Well in all fairness, everyone up here hates Shaughnessy (aka CHB). So I don't think he should be representative of a Boston sports fan.

And where's the sour grapes? It's a tongue-in-cheek article that is mostly true. He's basically saying the Massachusetts schools stink in college hoops. Which is true.

Reaction Score
Shaunessy is such a sad sack, parochial, lazy "journalist" that is soooo stuck in the past. Time to retire grumpy old man.

Reaction Score
Well in all fairness, everyone up here hates Shaughnessy (aka CHB). So I don't think he should be representative of a Boston sports fan.

And where's the sour grapes? It's a tongue-in-cheek article that is mostly true. He's basically saying the Massachusetts schools stink in college hoops. Which is true.
He’s counting Providence as a Mass team. How’s that work?

Reaction Score

For the record, Dan Shaughnessy in no way reflective of us Bostonians. He’s a grumpy old man that lives in the past (can you tell from the article?). He hates all Boston sports despite posing as a fan, and has the worst takes that feed into the minority of fans who know nothing about sports but are overly vocal on twitter regardless. Guy commands no respect period.

Reaction Score
His second paragraph sums him up..........and may capture the attitude of many in NE and explain why NE teams (other than UConn) aren't competitive nationally. Never liked the smart arss.

"In 2023, the UMass Minutemen finished 13th in the Atlantic-10 with a 6-12 conference record. They’ve made it to the NCAA Tournament once since 1998.

And that’s OK with me.

In 2023, the most important component of March Madness seems to be how much you can bet on the games. That’s the nonstop drumbeat if you watch coverage of the event."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It's Dan. Bostonians don't like Dan. I'm not aware than anybody likes Dan anymore. He's the most insufferable, miserable sports journalist there is. All he does is complain and lament that it's no longer 1987.

Reaction Score
It's Dan. Bostonians don't like Dan. I'm not aware than anybody likes Dan anymore. He's the most insufferable, miserable sports journalist there is. All he does is complain and lament that it's no longer 1987.
I was about to say the same thing as I live in Boston as well-nobody cares for Dan Shaughnessy. I never did since I first heard him speak on sports shows and read some of his columns. I don't think he adds anything of value and his "analysis", if you can call it that, is awful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom