Boston College Sets Homecoming For October 28 v UConn | The Boneyard

Boston College Sets Homecoming For October 28 v UConn

Reaction Score
They're delusional about their chances of winning but that's OK.....

Reaction Score
the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

Reaction Score
They're delusional about their chances of winning but that's OK.....
Not sure but delusional might be a bit strong. No argument, but on paper at this point they have a preseason ranking @ #62 of 133, we are placed @ # 121 by this outlet.

Intend on going up to the game and hope for a victory but realize nothing is guaranteed and little is known of our QB situation along with several other positions. Realistic at this point may be a better word.

Reaction Score
Mora is ten times the coach Hafley is. By the time this game comes around BCU will probably have packed it in for the season.

Reaction Score
I expect BC will be a much different (better) team than we saw at the Rent last year.
They did lose their best player no? (flowers?) not that that means they can’t improve as a team I guess.

Reaction Score
I expect BC will be a much different (better) team than we saw at the Rent last year.
BCU won 3 games, the 2 FBS wins were by 1 point each and the other one was FCS Maine. Massey had them #91 end of 2022 and #86 pre season, not much of a change. Why do you expect BCU to be much better, good transfers in, lot of injuries 2022, etc.?
I expect UConn to be better due to terrible QB play in 2022 that should advance to at least below average and the OL is solid and more experienced and the defense has lot of returning 2 deep and teams usually perform much better (assuming got the right coach) the second year of a new coach.
Really am interested in why as want BCU to lose every game and disappointed if they are actually going to be much better and UConn has to play them away in 2023.

Reaction Score
BCU won 3 games, the 2 FBS wins were by 1 point each and the other one was FCS Maine. Massey had them #91 end of 2022 and #86 pre season, not much of a change. Why do you expect BCU to be much better, good transfers in, lot of injuries 2022, etc.?
I expect UConn to be better due to terrible QB play in 2022 that should advance to at least below average and the OL is solid and more experienced and the defense has lot of returning 2 deep and teams usually perform much better (assuming got the right coach) the second year of a new coach.
Really am interested in why as want BCU to lose every game and disappointed if they are actually going to be much better and UConn has to play them away in 2023.
They had a ton of injuries last season. In fact they didn't have one offensive lineman make it through the season and that was an offensive line that had to replace the entire line from the year before that graduated. All their running backs were gone, their QB went down. Lots of injuries on defense. Their two previous recruiting classes that were significantly better players are coming of age also now as sophomores and juniors and they have some pretty good transfers.

Not sure what is going to happen, but I would expect a much improved BC team, especially if their OLine stays healthy.

Reaction Score
Teams change year to year. Cuse came out on fire last year after a poor season. UConn should improve but it is not a guarantee.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
CBS Sports.com just posted an article "Best College Football Team in each state 2023"

"Massachusetts -- Holy Cross: The Crusaders went undefeated through the 2022 regular season and lost to eventual champions South Dakota State in the FCS quarterfinals. That not only earns the nod over the other FCS teams in the state, but over three-win Boston College and one-win UMass from the FBS. "

Reaction Score
BC is just so poorly coached that it just does not matter that they have more talent than us. They had Zay Flowers, a first round pick and we held them to a field goal!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom