Boogie Fland decommits from Kentucky | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boogie Fland decommits from Kentucky

Reaction Score
When a player decomits do they lose whatever NIL money they got when they signed?

Reaction Score
When a player decomits do they lose whatever NIL money they got when they signed?
Depends on the verbiage of the contract but I doubt it. Obviously they won't make any new money or finish out the contract, but I doubt they're paying back money already made

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Depends on the verbiage of the contract but I doubt it. Obviously they won't make any new money or finish out the contract, but I doubt they're paying back money already made
It's been a long time since I looked at it but I think NIL cannot be contingent upon playing for a specific school. it could have a "termination at will" provision though, which would effectively work the same way.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Very possibly wrong, but my assumption is these are structured such that the players aren’t actually getting paid until they’re on campus. Too much likelihood of this happening or abuse.

Reaction Score
Guess he was not as impressed with Kentucky’s press conference as Kentucky was.

We can definitely use him - he’s really freaking good - but I’d be surprised if a) he considers us given that Arkansas is gonna give him all the chicken man’s money and 2) that DH would want to try pairing two freshmen point guards. Feels like one of those kinds of players that we typically do not get.
Yes, there will be a lot of Razorback players wearing shirts with Tyson on the front and Wal-Mart on the back.

Reaction Score
Very possibly wrong, but my assumption is these are structured such that the players aren’t actually getting paid until they’re on campus. Too much likelihood of this happening or abuse.
I don’t think that NCAA rules regulate how players get paid by collectives, businesses and fans at all. All a question of what each individual deal is and what the parties negotiate.

Reaction Score
Yes, there will be a lot of Razorback players wearing shirts with Tyson on the front and Wal-Mart on the back.
If it was as simple as money, why has Arkansas been so bad? Tyson is privately owned and can do what they want, but Walmart is a publicly traded company with shareholders to answer to.

Reaction Score
To be fair, he's played for the same AAU team and HS his entire career. He's not jumping ship when there's adversity anywhere he's played yet. And I don't see why you'd expect him to start now.

I based my statement on knowing absolutely nothing whatsoever about Boogie.

I have to ask… is that a bad thing? Because if it is I’d never had posted it. I must say I thought that in the BY it was perfectly fine. :cool:;)

Reaction Score
I don’t think that NCAA rules regulate how players get paid by collectives, businesses and fans at all. All a question of what each individual deal is and what the parties negotiate.
Agree with that, my point was more that it wouldn’t make much sense for an NIL collective/university to expose themself to this very common situation of a player decommiting, and then having them walk off with a chunk of their NIL funds.

Reaction Score
If it was as simple as money, why has Arkansas been so bad? Tyson is privately owned and can do what they want, but Walmart is a publicly traded company with shareholders to answer to.
The kind of money we’re talking about is a rounding error on Walmart’s P&L.

caw

Reaction Score
They haven't been bad. I mean their coach just got poached.

They went nearly 25 years without making out of the first weekend, which is odd for a school with so many resources. Musselman really brought them back in the five years he was there.

Reaction Score
I really hate this freshman decommittment thing. I don’t want the Kentucky kids, and I’m not sure I want the Indiana kid - I mean, he signed with Indiana.

Reaction Score
I really hate this freshman decommittment thing. I don’t want the Kentucky kids, and I’m not sure I want the Indiana kid - I mean, he signed with Indiana.
Tristen Newton signed with East Carolina. Cam Spencer signed with Loyola of MD. Different circumstances but often 18 year old kids make mistakes in judgment.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
It's not company money is either case. It's more a question of what members of the Walton family decide to do with their money, rather than what Walmart does. The family has spent lots of their exceptional personal fortunes on projects and activities in Arkansas. The Tyson money is coming from John Tyson, grandson of the company's founder...

"Whatever John Tyson would ask me to do, I'm doing," said John Calipari as he was introduced as the new men's basketball coach at the University of Arkansas.​

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's not company money is either case. It's more a question of what members of the Walton family decide to do with their money, rather than what Walmart does. The family has spent lots of their exceptional personal fortunes on projects and activities in Arkansas. The Tyson money is coming from John Tyson, grandson of the company's founder...

"Whatever John Tyson would ask me to do, I'm doing," said John Calipari as he was introduced as the new men's basketball coach at the University of Arkansas.​

That's what's so dumb about NIL. John Tyson doesn't care about the name, image or likeness of Arkansas basketball players for his personal social media. The NCAA lost their battle and war. Just give up and let alums and the schools pay the players. They'll become subject to real contracts. Things like two-year contracts with restrictive covenants like a non-competition limited to P5 programs or in-conference programs, clawbacks, performance bonuses, signing bonuses. Fans may not like it, but what we have is just dumb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom