Boogie Fland decommits from Kentucky | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boogie Fland decommits from Kentucky

Reaction Score
I’m not a Boogie fan or any of the other Kentucky recruits honestly.
I wasn’t a Boogie fan but then watching the McD AS game, he was one of the few kids out there that looked true to a position and played with intention. Versus the playground crap that will need a ton of disciplining coming to college and likely provide little value in year one.

Reaction Score
Do we even have space to get involved? Nowell/Diarra at the 1, Ball at the 2...I suppose Fland could play the 2 but I feel like we would rather go for a vet guard from the portal instead?
No

Reaction Score
I wasn’t a Boogie fan but then watching the McD AS game, he was one of the few kids out there that looked true to a position and played with intention. Versus the playground crap that will need a ton of disciplining coming to college and likely provide little value in year one.
Also have to recognize how Nowell would feel if say he were to come. I rather stick to Nowell and not tick anyone off.

Reaction Score
I mentioned it in the post about the 7'2" kid. I would be very careful with anyone who signed with Kentucky/Calipari. I'm not a Calipari hater, but I feel like there could be a fundamental conflict in interest. Obviously we tell our recruits we can get them to the pros, but the Calipari version of that same pitch is on another level. It feels like anyone interested in what Calipari is/was doing is not interested in building the "Culture" that DH (and frankly almost all other coaches) is trying to build.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I
Do we even have space to get involved? Nowell/Diarra at the 1, Ball at the 2...I suppose Fland could play the 2 but I feel like we would rather go for a vet guard from the portal instead?
If we are going to compete next year we need to improve the backcourt. Our current situation is not optimal.

Reaction Score
Zvonimir Ivisic is transferring to Arkansas. They think they can buy a championship with squid and his recruits. But those guys couldn't win at Kentucky. What a bunch of maroons! Hogs get slaughtered! :D

Reaction Score
To say he shoots blind would be an understatement, makes a ton of totally unsubstantiated calls.

Reaction Score
Boogie is playing in the Nike Hoops summit right now on ESPN, he has looked good.

Reaction Score
Highly doubt we'll even go after him. Our two high school PG targets for next year were him and Nowell and obviously we ended up getting Nowell. No room for him on the roster when we already have Diarra, Ball, and Nowell as smaller guards.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'd bet a thousand dollars at even odds he's going to Arkansas.

Squid did the same thing when he left Memphis for Kentucky, right? He already said he has no team and has to build the roster from scratch. Well there you go.

That was a different era, when Squid and a small number of coaches were special because they had bags of cash and no one else did.

Now it is done by wire transfer, and everyone has cash.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Guess he was not as impressed with Kentucky’s press conference as Kentucky was.

We can definitely use him - he’s really freaking good - but I’d be surprised if a) he considers us given that Arkansas is gonna give him all the chicken man’s money and 2) that DH would want to try pairing two freshmen point guards. Feels like one of those kinds of players that we typically do not get.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom