Boneyard Top 25 Poll: Passing the torch | The Boneyard

Boneyard Top 25 Poll: Passing the torch

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Three years ago I started organizing the biweekly Boneyard Top 25 Poll, and I've had an absolute blast doing so. It created a fun conversation piece, and it brought me a lot of enjoyable interaction with voters along the way.

So it’s with a bit of a heavy heart that I’ve realized, due to changing circumstances in my work schedule, that the time has come for me to pass the torch.

1662663353194.png

Opening day of the 2022-23 season is two months away. I’m hoping that an enterprising Boneyarder can step up and take the reins as poll organizer for this season.

The new organizer wouldn’t have to reinvent the wheel (unless you want to). I’m more than happy to walk you through how I did things and bring you up to speed. Feel free to volunteer or ask any questions in this thread or in a private message to me.

Thank you to everyone who at some point voted in the poll over the past 3 years. You made it a fun and rewarding experience for me.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
@Plebe I didn't participate in the polls but I certainly looked at every one of them and found them very interesting and entertaining.

Thanks for your efforts in this endeavor and I really, really appreciate the time and effort you put into each and every one!!!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Three years ago I started organizing the biweekly Boneyard Top 25 Poll, and I've had an absolute blast doing so. It created a fun conversation piece, and it brought me a lot of enjoyable interaction with voters along the way.

So it’s with a bit of a heavy heart that I’ve realized, due to changing circumstances in my work schedule, that the time has come for me to pass the torch.

View attachment 78911

Opening day of the 2022-23 season is two months away. I’m hoping that an enterprising Boneyarder can step up and take the reins as poll organizer for this season.

The new organizer wouldn’t have to reinvent the wheel (unless you want to). I’m more than happy to walk you through how I did things and bring you up to speed. Feel free to volunteer or ask any questions in this thread or in a private message to me.

Thank you to everyone who at some point voted in the poll over the past 3 years. You made it a fun and rewarding experience for me.
Plebe I would love to do it, BUT my wife get's PO'd because I already do the Prognosticator's Predictions, adding this and I might not live to see the whole season.;) PS. I have loved doing the Top 25 over the past few years, thanks for you providing the time and effort.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hopefully someone will pick up the torch and continue with this. If not, I will always look back with joy and pride that the mid major High Point University came from nowhere and was able to garner votes (vote?) in this well respected poll.

mmt

Reaction Score
Thank you! I've enjoyed voting! I'm sure it was time consuming! I hope someone else volunteers!

Reaction Score
I didn't participate in the poll but looked forward to seeing the results each week. Nice work.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I can think of no person better qualified.

Being a voter or not is certainly no issue. One might argue that a nonvoter is more suited.

I thought about throwing my hat into the ring, but people might have gotten suspicious if schools like UNC-G, NCA&T and Presbyterian were ranked in the top 20 :D

Reaction Score
If there's a week that you need someone to fill in for compiling the vote, I'm happy to be on standby as a backup option. As I already run a WBB Fantasy League during the season on Rebkell's, adding this to my plate.....seems like a bit much.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If there's a week that you need someone to fill in for compiling the vote, I'm happy to be on standby as a backup option. As I already run a WBB Fantasy League during the season on Rebkell's, adding this to my plate.....seems like a bit much.
Thanks for offering to help! :)

It will of course be @maccca3232 's prerogative to decide whether and how to recruit whatever assistance is needed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom