Bob Hurley Sr. on Dan Hurley's national title! | The Boneyard

Bob Hurley Sr. on Dan Hurley's national title!

Reaction Score
Great listen. It is cool to get more inside Danny's psychology and I don't think I could have "gotten" him less beforehand. Izzy and Self, now those are nice names to be aligned with.

Reaction Score
Goodman is a jerk, Bobby didn't hear Goodman's comments that UConn didn't play anymore on their way to the title so therefore it was marginalized. Screw him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah but it’s a nice insight into his dad who always appears so stern but really is just a proud father. Great interview actually. HOF coach telling us that Danny’s players will run through a wall for him. AJAX is special to Danny. I can’t wait to see him next year after a summer of prep.

Reaction Score
Goodman is a jerk.
Very interesting comments from Dad though. The man knows BBall.
It makes me feel like this Championship is not a fluke in any way. Not because he was lucky to put together all the right players and get an easy path and all that BS.
He might be the coach who can continue to recruit well and motivate players in the right way year after year.

Reaction Score
Goodman is a jerk.
It makes me feel like this Championship is not a fluke in any way. Not because he was lucky to put together all the right players and get an easy path and all that BS.
He might be the coach who can continue to recruit well and motivate players in the right way year after year.
We all learned something this year or at least I did. Hurley and his fam are basketball lifers with tremendous drive and commitment. Jim Calhoun level. And proven success. There’s no “may be the coach”. Now that we know this do you trade any coach for ours now?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Why didn't Goodman ask Bob Sr if he hit his kids with a belt?

He asked Bobby and Danny that. What, no sack to ask the the guy you said it about, Goodman? Wouldn't expect anything else from your sniveling ass.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Goodman gets more annoying every time I see him.

Let them answer your dumb question and stop stepping on their answers or just cutting them off.

Reaction Score

He asked Bobby and Danny that. What, no sack to ask the the guy you said it about, Goodman? Wouldn't expect anything else from your sniveling ass.

I started listening to Goodman on the Field of 68 and it has been eye opening. He definitely likes Hurley and even UConn. He may have predicted us to lose to Miami but he also stated he didn’t see a path for Arkansas and Gonzaga to keep it close. But good God I didn’t not realize how massive an ego he has. You can’t look like that and have that ego.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I started listening to Goodman on the Field of 68 and it has been eye opening. He definitely likes Hurley and even UConn. He may have predicted us to lose to Miami but he also stated he didn’t see a path for Arkansas and Gonzaga to keep it close. But good God I didn’t not realize how massive an ego he has. You can’t look like that and have that ego.

I love when Tyler Hansbrough beat him down at ping pong. 21-3.

He would be OK as a basketball guy, but he injects his overly inflated self image into everything. The walking definition of cringe.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Goodman is a jerk.
Might be…..

Reaction Score
You can't work as a "jOuRnALiSt" and have that ego

Reaction Score
I could go the rest my life without Goodman interacting with the team. Dudes a donkey hat.
“You never thought he would have got this far” TF?
“Did your dad beat you as kids”

Dudes a clown of bozo proportions

Reaction Score
Hurley should label goodman a persona non grata as far as the program is concerned. dont let anybody talk to him.

Reaction Score
I think the Field of 68 is trying to figure out what they are. They used to have a lot of high level basketball talk. Archie and Sean Miller’s stuff was great last season. Then, some if it seemed to devolve into bad radio sports talk. It gets clicks and engagement, so I get it, but it’s not my preference to listen to it.

Rob is a UConn fan, so he‘s good and smart no matter what.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I think you already know answer to your question. Bob Sr would have taken Goodman apart in a matter of seconds.

Reaction Score
I love when Tyler Hansbrough beat him down at ping pong. 21-3.

He would be OK as a basketball guy, but he injects his overly inflated self image into everything. The walking definition of cringe.

Breaking news: Maestro’s is owned by Fertitta. I retroactively applaud Goodman for doxxing the calamari.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom