Boatright... | The Boneyard

Boatright...

Reaction Score
[B]Ryan Boatright[/B]‏ @[B]Ryanboatright11[/B] Jan 19
More
Ryan Boatright Retweeted David Borges
I believe in coach @dhurley15
1f4af.png

That is one VERY valuable statement. Love this guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Retire that mans jersey. 4 year kid, got better every year. Won a national championship. Represented university well. Maximized his abilities by working hard and playing his ass off. Not to mention he stuck w program after getting banned from tournament for something he had no part of.

Reaction Score
What a great guard for UConn. He and Bazz worked our opponents into the ground. His defense in the NC was one of best we’ve ever seen - as noted by JC. He has great basketball IQ, worked so hard here and had a shooters touch. Unfortunately for him he’s gone a crossed @nelsonmuntz with his endorsement of Hurley. Hope Boat can survive this public embarrassment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It started with that NCAA tourney Michigan state game at MSG that I thought we had no chance of winning and then carried all the way to the championship game. The defense by Boatright and Napier was insane.

Reaction Score
Boat was amazing during the run for the NC, defense was as good as Ricky Moores or better. And he had a wonderful career no doubt a true and great Husky. But there will be plenty of "Great Huskies" who won't get their jersey hung up there and unfortunately he's one of quite a few who aren't quite the Rays, Rips, Emekas, Kembas etc etc....

It's lucky we have so many. Waiting for the next one to make their run?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Boat was amazing during the run for the NC, defense was as good as Ricky Moores or better.
Let's not get carried away here, mau. Boat's D was phenomenal in the NC run, but that was mostly because it was part of a truly magical collaboration with Bazz. The two of them combined to make it more than uncomfortable for the opposing back court. But for my money, neither by himself was the defensive equivalent of Ricky.

Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away here, mau. Boat's D was phenomenal in the NC run, but that was mostly because it was part of a truly magical collaboration with Bazz. The two of them combined to make it more than uncomfortable for the opposing back court. But for my money, neither by himself was the defensive equivalent of Ricky.

Wilbekin, Hill, the Harrison twins and others would tell you otherwise. Maybe not quite but if not damn close. They were afraid to put the ball on the floor, forgot to mention the poor kid off the bench for Michigan State. It was a thing of beauty the way he treated those guards. Love Ricky too so 2 of the best we've ever seen on that end of the floor.

Reaction Score

Rich, I have to disagree with you here. Boatright's defense was unbelievable in the tournament run. He took the other team's guards completely out of their games. quite fitting that he wound up with the ball in his hands at the end of the game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wilbekin, Hill, the Harrison twins and others would tell you otherwise. Maybe not quite but if not damn close. They were afraid to put the ball on the floor, forgot to mention the poor kid off the bench for Michigan State. It was a thing of beauty the way he treated those guards. Love Ricky too so 2 of the best we've ever seen on that end of the floor.
Teams couldn't run their stuff with all the guard pressure. It was a blast, if you are a UConn fan. They owned the Harrison brothers in particular.

Man, that was a great season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Do you have to make the nba to be a husky of honor? He should be an exception.

Hope he talks to the team soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom