Blauds: UConn / BC all but official | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn / BC all but official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I sense the sarcasm, that being said I don't think turning "away games" at BC into effective home games for UConn should be an issue even if this doubles their attendance to 32 people.

Right now the Uconn fair weather fan base is showing its colors with the home schedule we play. BC will not move the needle and change that was Duke and UNC will. Unless of course UNC gets the death penalty.... LOL

Reaction Score
Right now the Uconn fair weather fan base is showing its colors with the home schedule we play. BC will not move the needle and change that was Duke and UNC will. Unless of course UNC gets the death penalty.... LOL
What?

Reaction Score
So do we know the dates yet for the BC games in 2016 & 2017, and what about the UMass games? Or is this still being sorted out?

Reaction Score
What?

You have your die hands that show up no matter what, but the Big East crowds to include the bandwagon fans are slowly dissipating. At least that is my observation over the last 10 years as a season ticket holder

Reaction Score
I was JUST gonna say this! Our priority with an ACC series should be 1/2 - Duke/UNC, THEN 3- BC.... We are not in a position of power in FB but on the hard court..... All that changes.
BCU doesn't need to play us in basketball. They are in the ACC remember. Their SOS will be fine, they don't need to try and schedule uconn in basketball unless they want to. And if we set terms they deem unfair, they will just play someone else.

Holding out for a 2-1 is idiotic. They are a P5 program in our backyard. The series makes too much sense not to do it. For both programs.

Reaction Score
You have your die hands that show up no matter what, but the Big East crowds to include the bandwagon fans are slowly dissipating. At least that is my observation over the last 10 years as a season ticket holder
I don't think the impact will be due to our shared Big East history as much as it will be due to a series against a local school with name recognition and both teams having a strong alumni footprint in the others' "territory".

Reaction Score
BCU doesn't need to play us in basketball. They are in the ACC remember. Their SOS will be fine, they don't need to try and schedule uconn in basketball unless they want to. And if we set terms they deem unfair, they will just play someone else.

Holding out for a 2-1 is idiotic. They are a P5 program in our backyard. The series makes too much sense not to do it. For both programs.
BCU may not need the SOS but there is a recruiting benefit to be had by playing the most visible college bball team in their market.

Reaction Score

Product of CR apocalypse and the Hathaway/PP/GDL combo destroying the program. But we look to be on the way back, so I expect the bandwagoners to gradually return if we keep improving the product on the field.

Reaction Score

I understand your position and you are correct. My point is that we shouldn't throw all our efforts int a series with BC when we can keep our program on the National spotlight with bigger programs. This won't happen but it should be approached from a position of leverage bcuz, let's be honest... Who the hell cares about BC hoops?

Reaction Score
Product of CR apocalypse and the Hathaway/PP/GLD combo destroying the program. But we look to be on the way back, so I expect the bandwagoners to gradually return if we keep improving the product on the field.

I completely agree!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would play BC in any sport, any day, anywhere. College sports need regional games so that they can manifest into rivalries. I'm planning on going up to Conte this year for our hockey game and I am definitely going to Alumni next year. I would easily make this trip for a hoops game too.

I'm happy that the cold relationships between the two schools are seemingly beginning to thaw.

Reaction Score

It was a joke. The ice is thawing between both schools, which is good. They've been playing FBS football for a long time, and maybe they felt UConn was infringing on their turf, but they see we aren't going anywhere, and a game between the schools will pack both stadiums. Good for both us. As for other sports, heck we play them in most anyways.

Reaction Score
It was a joke. The ice is thawing between both schools, which is good. They've been playing FBS football for a long time, and maybe they felt UConn was infringing on their turf, but they see we aren't going anywhere, and a game between the schools will pack both stadiums. Good for both us. As for other sports, heck we play them in most anyways.
The first one was obviously sarcastic. This one was much more subtle and got me. My bad.

Reaction Score
BCU may not need the SOS but there is a recruiting benefit to be had by playing the most visible college bball team in their market.
Didn't matter when we were in the same conference. Why would that help them now? ;-)

Reaction Score
Warde's OOC gets list:

BYU
Boise
Mizzou
Virginia
Syracuse
Illinois
Indiana
BC
UMass?

am I missing someone?

Add in the tentative dates with Tennessee too, until they announce the buyout I'm still hopeful for this series.

Reaction Score
Warde's OOC gets list:

BYU
Boise
Mizzou
Virginia
Syracuse
Illinois
Indiana
BC
UMass?

am I missing someone?
The Army H&H with our away game at Yankee Stadium was his doing too.
@Jerry27 , Tennessee was scheduled before Warde, credit to Hathaway. I'm not holding my breath on that one, but hope it happens.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone a premium member at TOS? Took a quick look and the reaction seemed favorable but apparently the whole site is "premium."

Reaction Score
The absolute best part about this series is the timing. We will be pretty darn gone good next year .

Great then....thats one of the best parts of finally playing. No more complaining, no more excuses, no more " they are scared to play us ", no more.... " we would crush them", or " yes, we are 0-13 vs BC , but that was before we built a bigger stadium for ourselves in Hartford", or yada, yada, yada. We finally get to see if Uconn fans " will have more fans at Alumni Stadium up in Boston area than BC ", and whether Uconn can finally show us if they can back up all this loud, boasting bravado where it only really counts..... on the football field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom