Biggest Single 72 Hour Upgrade in Talent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Biggest Single 72 Hour Upgrade in Talent

Reaction Score
It's simply time to just go undefeated, who is with me?
If we win each game by 70 points do you think we make the playoff?
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It’s been a monumental couple of days, it’s the type of thing a local sports beat should be all over. Can’t wait to read all the coverage!!!
Storrs Central has had some fantastic coverage of the new additions.

Reaction Score
Going to be a little rough around the edges in the beginning but this the most talent we’ve had in 25 years. There are more than a handful of real FBS players in the stable.
You need to be better at math. How long ago do you think were the two years we tied for the Big East Championship? (Actually, if you are really good at math, then you can’t recognize football talent.)

Reaction Score
I'm not going to say everyone added since the weekend will be great.
But overall, this is the largest upgrade in talent based off D1 production this program has ever had.
No FCS players. All FBS and many with a bunch of snaps on file.
maybe the NIL money is starting to come through? Just thinking outloud based on nothing

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call this a very difficult schedule nor a schedule filled with a lot of high-level competition.

Yes, you can chalk up the Maryland game and three ACC games as likely losses, but outside of that, every other game should be considered winnable. Aside from Wake, they are slated to only face one other top-100 SP+ team at home. Go 5-2 at home and win the UMass game on the road and you have your 6-6 season. I don't feel that is all that unreasonable.

45. MarylandAway
MerrimackHome
48. DukeAway
114. FAUHome
130. BuffaloHome
128. TempleHome
72. Wake ForestHome
92. RiceHome
116. Georgia St.Home
101. UABAway
61. SyracuseAway
118. UMassAway
Duke and Maryland strike me as teams getting worse idk if we win I don't think its 80-90% we'd lose, Syracuse I don't feel confident at all, but Wake @ home is winnable, my expectations are 6-6 but 8-4 (or if I'm feeling insane 9-3) is decently potential

Reaction Score
Duke and Maryland strike me as teams getting worse idk if we win I don't think its 80-90% we'd lose, Syracuse I don't feel confident at all, but Wake @ home is winnable, my expectations are 6-6 but 8-4 (or if I'm feeling insane 9-3) is decently potential

Wow. You guys are crazy optimistic. I just hope we can beat Georgia State, Temple and UAB.

And I mean crazy.

Reaction Score
You need to be better at math. How long ago do you think were the two years we tied for the Big East Championship? (Actually, if you are really good at math, then you can’t recognize football talent.)
Donald Brown, Todman, Dixon, Sherman, Beatty ……. Hard to say that we’re that good.

I could continue. We have certainly upgraded. We’ll prove talent in the field.

Certainly an improvement. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
What I like the most about the portal kids coming, most have several years of eligibility remaining. This does nothing but help the team for the next few years. It gives UConn instant experience that will get plugged in and hopefully adapt easily to the play scheme. Secondly, it gives some of the younger guys some time to develop and learn. Mora is absolutely going all in on next season. I'm feeling a good 14-0 on the season and a NC.

Reaction Score
If we win each game by 70 points do you think we make the playoff?
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF
I'll do you one better, we beat everyone by at least 3 touchdowns until the Championship game where we blowout FSU as redemption for them voting against us in realignment.

Reaction Score
Meant 15. Can’t type on this stupid phone

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Well, except parking near the stadium and getting a good seat. Both of those have been easy for a long time.
Don’t forget to show your phone (twice) to get into the lot, then the gates.

Reaction Score
maybe the NIL money is starting to come through? Just thinking outloud based on nothing
I think the NIL influence is clear. According to Chin this whole group is FBS and the fire sale feel to it speaks to “SOMETHINGS DIFFERENT”
Remember how jealous you’d be when an SEC school would come out of a recruiting weekend with a slew of 4* & 5* commits. This had that kind of feel(not all 4's and 5's, but better talent+experience). We go 8-4 and you’ll see more NIL show up next year.

Reaction Score
It's Spring/Summer, time for UConn Football fans to be crazy optimistic. I agree this off season does feel a bit different but I am going to wait to see how well these guys do on the field before I get excited. The portal and NIL sorta feels like those hype videos from previous off seasons of the guys pumping iron in the weight room...just like getting stronger/faster in the offseason, every other team is also working the portal and dishing out NIL $$. The question is are we lapping our competition or just keeping up with the Jones's?

I bought into the optimism last year. I bought extra season tickets and extra parking passes because everyone I knew wanted to go to a game after 2022. We had a huge turnout for NC State and then, I couldn't give my tickets away.

Well, except parking near the stadium and getting a good seat. Both of those have been easy for a long time.

Yep, a silver lining...parking steps from the gate and having extra tickets to go out and tailgate at halftime and go back in...

Reaction Score
Great to see. Two NIL efforts and the Burton family back into the fold. Add in Mora and staff upgrading and filling holes. Well done all around Hope it translates this fall
If JM turns this into a winning program and we get an invitation to a P League with lots of media money coming to us the Burton family should be deified with a special logo on the field.......

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Won't get into specifics, but the NIL budget this year is significantly higher than last year. IYKYK.

Make no mistake, if we continue to gain momentum in the NIL space, the football program will be competitive again. Mora was very public about our NIL struggles last year, so there's probably a good amount of pressure to deliver this year now that donors have stepped up to some extent. Not saying they need to go 10-2, but they absolutely cannot and should not be 3-9 again.

Reaction Score
Going to be a little rough around the edges in the beginning but this the most talent we’ve had in 25 years. There are more than a handful of real FBS players in the stable.

Fiesta Bowl for 1000 Alex!

Reaction Score
It's simply time to just go undefeated, who is with me?

This would be our second undefeated season joining the highly touted 2020 season where the NYT's crowned UConn football as the real national champions. Even more impressive was that Edsall was able to accomplish it with his hands tied behind his back.

Reaction Score
Its fair to say that Mora was laying low and preparing to make a splash in the portal. He realized that talk is cheap and apparently he decided playing cheerleader wasn't working anyway. I respect the attitude he seems to have adopted. Its great to see he has been working hard the whole time and that our concerns that he was drifting away were misplaced. To say that the last few days of commits is anything but a shocking surprise would be an understatement. Great job by the staff and the AD to make things happen. Obviously, it needs to translate on the field, but we've clearly upgraded the roster. So here we are, another summer and I'm getting sucked right back in---and I love it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom