Big Momma Stef Opens Up About Playing in China | The Boneyard

Big Momma Stef Opens Up About Playing in China

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ms Gregarious is living a lonely life in China.

"Knowing that others might experience the solitary feelings she does, Stefanie Dolson created a group chat with five American players she knows, including Cheyenne Parker."

“Very few people speak English, whereas in other countries a lot of people speak English,” said Dolson, who plays for Hebei Win Power in Hengshui, Hebei. “So here, I can’t really talk to anyone.
“I’m always lonely. That is why, I think, people stay away from China. It is probably one of the most lonely countries to play in because you don’t really talk to anyone and you don’t have another foreigner and because of the [14-hour] time difference, you can’t really talk to family a lot.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh Oh. Will China retaliate and ban US WNBA Players. :oops:

Reaction Score
i had similar experience in China.... not a melting pot.... everyone was Chinese.... it makes sense no immigration.... but what i found interesting was that no english spoken I stayed a while at big hotel with an english name catering to tourists.... but when you talked to concierge didn't speak a word of english...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sounds like she's being a trooper about it. I can imagine it being really isolated over there. October to March is a pretty quick pro season, nice way to compliment the W and get a few months off in between. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing she went to China for big $$. Both Griner and Moore made $600k+ there in previous years for the 4-5 mo season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Any particular reason why you posted this on the General WBB Subforum?
I almost missed it...

It's both General as in WNBA and UConn I know. Could have gone the other way I know. It has drawn little attention here i know.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's both General as in WNBA and UConn I know. Could have gone the other way I know. It has drawn little attention here i know.
Okie dokie. I always thought that if it is a thread about a UConn graduate (see what I am doing here???), it deserves to be on the Main WBB Forum.
However many others feel that the Main Forum is for all UConn players ever.
Personally I really only like the General WBB subforum to see what other teams might be playing and if any games interest me.

Regardless, it's your thread and your decision. My point was that I almost missed it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Okie dokie. I always thought that if it is a thread about a UConn graduate (see what I am doing here???), it deserves to be on the Main WBB Forum.
However many others feel that the Main Forum is for all UConn players ever.
Personally I really only like the General WBB subforum to see what other teams might be playing and if any games interest me.

Regardless, it's your thread and your decision. My point was that I almost missed it.
I get it. Would have been better on other UConn page.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom