13 Creighton at 25 Villanova - 7:00 pm EST
South Florida at 22 Texas - 8:00 pm EST Longhorn Network

12/4
9 Virginia Tech at Tennessee - 1:00 pm EST ESPN
23 Gonzaga at 2 Stanford - 3:00 pm EST
3 Uconn at 7 Notre Dame - 3:00 pm EST ABC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, the beginning of the season hasn't been boring. A lot of good match ups this week.

The UNC vs Indiana match is intriguing after seeing how both teams performed over the weekend. Holmes in the post is a different challenge compared to Soares for the Tar Heels. Some may assume Indiana may drop off without Berger, but I don't get that sense. Glad this match up was set for this final ACC/BIG10 challenge.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ohio State vs Louisville – Will be interesting to see if Jacy Sheldon is able to play Wednesday against Louisville. She's been out the last two games and in a walking boot. No official comment from the team, so it could just be precautionary considering the two teams they played last. I know Hailey Van Lith sat out the game against Longwood but based on Walz comments she would only miss that game. I haven't watched and UL games this season but going in to the season they seemed to be missing some pieces, but they'll find their identity I'm sure.

I think if Jacy is full go, OSU gets the win. Hailey Van Lith is a quick and powerful guard and I think only Sheldon would match up well against her with her length and speed. McMahon will probably hit foul trouble, which will hurt OSU. I expected a bigger start to her Junior season from Cochran, but she's averaging slightly fewer points (8.3) a game on more minutes (25.4) a game compared to last season? I thought she'd pose the most match-up problems for OSU but maybe I'm confused.

UNC vs Indiana – Seems Berger is out "indefinitely" and taking recovery "day-to-day". No official comment on the nature of the injury, but a bummer for the team and basketball fans. Would have been fun to see her against this UNC team. The cupboard isn't bare at IU though, so it should still be a good game. Yarden Garzon has been an even brighter spot for this team than any of the highly-touted transfers (I don't mean that as a negative on the transfers, they've played their roles well). I may need to change my statement that Cotie McMahon at OSU will win Freshman of the Year in the Big Ten though. UNC's recent tournament experience against strong opponents may be the key here for them over Indiana. Two well coached teams but I think UNC pulls this one out. Last season, in all but one loss, Indiana lost the rebounding battle (the one they didn't lose they had 2 more than Iowa but Monica Czinano had 30 points, 1 short of her season high, also against Indiana the next game). So, I'd assume, whoever wins the rebounding battle will win the game. Right now UNC averages more, even with Berger on the team. So, I'm going with UNC.

Reaction Score
Ohio State vs Louisville – Will be interesting to see if Jacy Sheldon is able to play Wednesday against Louisville. She's been out the last two games and in a walking boot. No official comment from the team, so it could just be precautionary considering the two teams they played last. I know Hailey Van Lith sat out the game against Longwood but based on Walz comments she would only miss that game. I haven't watched and UL games this season but going in to the season they seemed to be missing some pieces, but they'll find their identity I'm sure.

I think if Jacy is full go, OSU gets the win. Hailey Van Lith is a quick and powerful guard and I think only Sheldon would match up well against her with her length and speed. McMahon will probably hit foul trouble, which will hurt OSU. I expected a bigger start to her Junior season from Cochran, but she's averaging slightly fewer points (8.3) a game on more minutes (25.4) a game compared to last season? I thought she'd pose the most match-up problems for OSU but maybe I'm confused.

UNC vs Indiana – Seems Berger is out "indefinitely" and taking recovery "day-to-day". No official comment on the nature of the injury, but a bummer for the team and basketball fans. Would have been fun to see her against this UNC team. The cupboard isn't bare at IU though, so it should still be a good game. Yarden Garzon has been an even brighter spot for this team than any of the highly-touted transfers (I don't mean that as a negative on the transfers, they've played their roles well). I may need to change my statement that Cotie McMahon at OSU will win Freshman of the Year in the Big Ten though. UNC's recent tournament experience against strong opponents may be the key here for them over Indiana. Two well coached teams but I think UNC pulls this one out. Last season, in all but one loss, Indiana lost the rebounding battle (the one they didn't lose they had 2 more than Iowa but Monica Czinano had 30 points, 1 short of her season high, also against Indiana the next game). So, I'd assume, whoever wins the rebounding battle will win the game. Right now UNC averages more, even with Berger on the team. So, I'm going with UNC.
I see where you're coming from with Indiana, but this isn't the same Indiana team from last year with transfers like Scalia and Parrish now in the mix. The game in the paint will also be different compared to what UNC faced with Soares and Kyei. Holmes has much better stamina in comparison and is craftier than most give her credit for. This is going to be a good match up regardless. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Arizona State (5-1) travels cross town to take on The undefeated Grand Canyon Antelopes. Nov. 30 7pm MST

NAU hosts Southern Utah in the Rolle Activity Center Dec 3 at 3:00 p.m. MST

I would guess the kitties are playing as well...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I see where you're coming from with Indiana, but this isn't the same Indiana team from last year with transfers like Scalia and Parrish now in the mix. The game in the paint will also be different compared to what UNC faced with Soares and Kyei. Holmes has much better stamina in comparison and is craftier than most give her credit for. This is going to be a good match up regardless. Looking forward to it.

I don't doubt that Holmes will be great, but I do think Ustby on the other-side provides a unique challenge herself for whoever is guarding her. UNC also has a bit more depth in the forward spot, so they can show a multitude of defenses as Holmes. The biggest question for me is if Indiana's guards can compete with Kelly, Hodgson, and Todd-Williams.

Indiana's offense has changed this season, they are shooting more 3's this season, about 25 3PTA 9 (35% total shot attempts) versus 13.6 attempts a game (24% of total shot attempt) but not making them at a higher clip from last year. So, it seems Indiana is attempting to play a more spread out offense but I'm not sure they have the rebounders without Berger to make those missed 3's not hurt, meanwhile, UNC is pretty strong rebounding team from the guard spot and they can run. Parrish will need to be big for IU, I think, for them to win. They are rebounding a BIT better this season (38 rebounds a game) but will be missing Berger's 5 rebounds a game.

But again, it'll be a fun game to watch as a general WBB fan.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt that Holmes will be great, but I do think Ustby on the other-side provides a unique challenge herself for whoever is guarding her. UNC also has a bit more depth in the forward spot, so they can show a multitude of defenses as Holmes. The biggest question for me is if Indiana's guards can compete with Kelly, Hodgson, and Todd-Williams.

Indiana's offense has changed this season, they are shooting more 3's this season, about 25 3PTA 9 (35% total shot attempts) versus 13.6 attempts a game (24% of total shot attempt) but not making them at a higher clip from last year. So, it seems Indiana is attempting to play a more spread out offense but I'm not sure they have the rebounders without Berger to make those missed 3's not hurt, meanwhile, UNC is pretty strong rebounding team from the guard spot and they can run. Parrish will need to be big for IU, I think, for them to win. They are rebounding a BIT better this season (38 rebounds a game) but will be missing Berger's 5 rebounds a game.

But again, it'll be a fun game to watch as a general WBB fan.
Ustby is definitely going to be a challenge to defend. I noted this in the Phil Knight thread prior to the Iowa State game as I knew she'd cause them issues.

I'm not trying to discount UNC at all. I just think Indiana deserves a bit more credit, especially after how they performed against Tennessee. They've improved their guard situation in my opinion with the addition of Scalia. I also think Parrish could surprise some here . Chloe Moore-McNeil plays significant minutes and can be pesky from what I've seen the last couple seasons. I don't think there's an advantage at the guard position here. It's a pick 'em for me.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ustby is definitely going to be a challenge to defend. I noted this in the Phil Knight thread prior to the Iowa State game as I knew she'd cause them issues.

I'm not trying to discount UNC at all. I just think Indiana deserves a bit more credit, especially after how they performed against Tennessee. They've improved their guard situation in my opinion with the addition of Scalia. I also think Parrish could surprise some here . Chloe Moore-McNeil plays significant minutes and can be pesky from what I've seen the last couple seasons. I don't think there's an advantage at the guard position here. It's a pick 'em for me.
I totally get it. I'm based out of Columbus, Oh, so I see a lot of Big Ten games and so I'm fully aware of Indiana.
I haven't really been impressed with Scalia for IU yet. She's shooting less 3's and at a much lower clip than she did at Minnesota last season.
IU: Just 6.7 attempts a game and on 34% shooting.
Minnesota 21-22: 8.2 attempts a game on 41% shooting.

I know it can take some time to get adjusted playing with a new team and finding your role, so that's not to say she won't improve come Big Ten play, I just don't know if we'll see that improvement Thursday. Interestingly, last season, when Minnesota lost to UNC least season, Scalia had 5pts and 8 rebounds on 2–9 shooting.

And she's not known for her defense. So, I'm not sure she's an improvement at the guard spot for Cardaño-Hillary (36% from three, 2.3 steals, and 3.1 assists) yet. Scalia is a better FT shooter by nearly 20%. I also may be a bit biased on Cardaño-Hillary because she was so annoying to watch teams play against. Patberg maybe but Patberg was the emotional leader for that team. I think Chloe Moore-McNeil's improvement is the most crucial upgrade for IU's guard play. Parrish was strong off the bench and is a big body to assist in the paint. I thoroughly enjoyed her strength and hustle during the Tennessee game.

I'll be happy for them to prove me wrong and help the Big Ten get the final challenge win. Just wish Berger was able to play.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
UCLA demonstrated this evening that South Carolina is fallible. They came in with a good game plan and executed well in the first half. In the second half, South Carolina made some good adjustments and UCLA made some poor decisions. I assume that, with five freshmen, UCLA will improve and be dangerous by March.

Reaction Score
Guess I missed 11 LSU vs SE Louisiana. 7 point game in the 4th. On the SEC Network

Reaction Score
UCLA demonstrated this evening that South Carolina is fallible. They came in with a good game plan and executed well in the first half. In the second half, South Carolina made some good adjustments and UCLA made some poor decisions. I assume that, with five freshmen, UCLA will improve and be dangerous by March.
UCLA's freshmen were really impressive last night. UCLA definitely showed that their win versus Tennessee wasn't a one-off. Is it bad that I'm impatient for PAC-12 conference play now?

That technical on Rice in the end was unfortunate. Hey, if I thought I had a steal off of Amihere, I may have reacted the same way:D. It's not easy to rip the ball away from her, let alone a freshman attempting to do so.

Reaction Score
Arizona State (5-1) travels cross town to take on The undefeated Grand Canyon Antelopes. Nov. 30 7pm MST

NAU hosts Southern Utah in the Rolle Activity Center Dec 3 at 3:00 p.m. MST

I would guess the kitties are playing as well...
So in a huge promotion the Lopes are providing no cost general admission seating to the game which starts at 7:00 MST.. Also apparently the first 1000 fans will receive a commemorative rumble in the 48 t-shirt commemorating this initial battle between the two teams in the 48th state.

T-shirt distribution begins at 4:30 while tip off is at 7:00 so I've got a big decision to make do I leave in time to get a t-shirt or do I time my arrival for the tip off.

First world issues.

I know Natasha Adair will have the Devils prepared but in spite of their schedule (similar in SOS to the kitties) the undefeated Antelopes will certainly present some interesting challenges for the Sun Devils.

Visit ESPN for the game summary of the Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Grand Canyon Lopes NCAAW basketball game on November 30, 2022 Arizona State vs. Grand Canyon - Women's College Basketball Game Summary - November 30, 2022 | ESPN
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCLA's freshmen were really impressive last night. UCLA definitely showed that their win versus Tennessee wasn't a one-off. Is it bad that I'm impatient for PAC-12 conference play now?

That technical on Rice in the end was unfortunate. Hey, if I thought I had a steal off of Amihere, I may have reacted the same way:D. It's not easy to rip the ball away from her, let alone a freshman attempting to do so.
I agree. UCLA, Utah, Oregon all fun teams. Stanford and AZ should be very good. Oregon State should be competitive especially if they get Gardener back.

I know people hate comparisons but any comps for Kiki Rice. Physically she doesn't look like a freshman at all. And she's not like a slow "Big guard". She's quick and crafty. I can't think of anyone recently like her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
We've got the cross town Washington vs. Seattle U. game going on. Huskies trailing the winless Redhawks at the half. I may need to borrow that paper bag @triaddukefan used to wear. :eek:

Reaction Score
So in a huge promotion the Lopes are providing no cost general admission seating to the game which starts at 7:00 MST.. Also apparently the first 1000 fans will receive a commemorative rumble in the 48 t-shirt commemorating this initial battle between the two teams in the 48th state.

T-shirt distribution begins at 4:30 while tip off is at 7:00 so I've got a big decision to make do I leave in time to get a t-shirt or do I time my arrival for the tip off.

First world issues.

I know Natasha Adair will have the Devils prepared but in spite of their schedule (similar in SOS to the kitties) the undefeated Antelopes will certainly present some interesting challenges for the Sun Devils.

Visit ESPN for the game summary of the Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Grand Canyon Lopes NCAAW basketball game on November 30, 2022 Arizona State vs. Grand Canyon - Women's College Basketball Game Summary - November 30, 2022 | ESPN
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app
Wow! Grand Canyon really does an amazing job. 6,019 screaming fans. My ears are ringing like a ZZ top concert.

Molly Miller's team really took it to the Sun Devils tonight. Tremendous defense through 3 quarters and were it not for their lack of height I think the Lopes would have won. Tiana Brown with 15 points and 11 rebounds was a real stud for the Lopes.

The Devils after trailing by double digits in the second half rallied to win 80-72. Sydney Erikstrup hits two threes at clutch time and Ty Skinner hit 15 of 17 free throws, 10 in the 4th quarter, on her way to 29 points.

The Devils explode for 35 points in the 4th quarter. I can't remember the last time the Devil's scored that many of points in in a quarter.

I think this venue was louder than McKale when I was down there for the rivalry game 3 years ago. The students really represented and they had an amazing dog show at halftime. What a wonderful way to spend the last day of November.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
6-0 UCF travels to 5-2 Auburn tomorrow. It will be a clash of opposite philosophies as UCF allows only 53.2 per game where Auburn averages 75 per game. If UCF wins it will match their best start of 7-0 that happened in 1984.

UCF has been plagued by injuries and has had only 8 or 9 scholarship athletes available for the games thus far. The schedule has been soft but if they are competitive over the next three games (@Auburn, Seton Hall, @Tennessee) it will give us a better idea of what to expect for the year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

It was an impressive streak for Louisville that was emphatically snapped.

I also heard the commentators say that this was Louisville's worst home loss since a loss to UConn in 2014, which would've been Louisville's last year in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Texas is still struggling with Rori back. Down 42-33 to USF. But USF is fun! Taylor Jones is out. Texas seems to not be very good defensively. Like a lot of open shots

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom